Login

russian armor

I can't play Wehrmacht properly

25 Oct 2015, 21:37 PM

I've been playing only US for a long time since that's my favorite faction and I also think it's the best ^^

Now the other day I fought GRdjw (yeah that's him) in vCoH and we both won our US games and BADLY lost our Wehr ones....

With US we just ran around with Rifles and gotted dominance and eventually rolled the other guy. As Wehr it seems you HAVE to get a goddamn MG42 (I try to avoid getting one since I'm normally so aggressive and don't like sitting idly and wait for the enemy) but I don't know what else to do....I've heard of V,V,S,MG and stealth (dual snipers and what more?).

It's just so fiddly to play Wehr with an MG42 that has to guard every other unit while as US you just roll everything with BARs, grenades and stickies....

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=download&&id=307473

I checked the pinned topic for new players and I'm gonna watch a few things.
26 Oct 2015, 09:57 AM

add me on steam I'll help you with your gameplay. my steam username: jamezzz789
26 Oct 2015, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 09:57 AMConvuko
add me on steam I'll help you with your gameplay. my steam username: jamezzz789

Your profile can't be found.

I'm Campaigner82 on Steam.
27 Oct 2015, 02:26 AM

I find the same thing as you but the best way to play wher (against US) is to lock off a small portion of the map and build up patiently with mixed arms gradually expanding out. countering seems to be key, Once the US rushes you hopefully you can see him off then take another point locking down on that.

If you spread your forces without totally securing your front line then I find US just flanks everywhere smashing you off the map. Thing to remember is that this needs to be timed pretty well, There comes a point when callopies or howies hit the field and you need to be expanded out to at least half the map or well into vehicles otherwise your stronghold will get wiped.

The basic idea is to hold until late game giving you the advantage
Hat
27 Oct 2015, 05:13 AM

With US we just ran around with Rifles and gotted dominance and eventually rolled the other guy. As Wehr it seems you HAVE to get a goddamn MG42 (I try to avoid getting one since I'm normally so aggressive and don't like sitting idly and wait for the enemy) but I don't know what else to do....I've heard of V,V,S,MG and stealth (dual snipers and what more?).

You can be offensive with that. Push up, set that Mg42 up on their fuel get those awesome vehicles out.
27 Oct 2015, 05:51 AM

It's just so fiddly to play Wehr with an MG42 that has to guard every other unit while as US you just roll everything with BARs, grenades and stickies....

What you mean to say is that you are so used to playing a thoroughly OP faction that requires litle in the way of skill, now you can't just micro a singular blob and throw tactical nuke 'nades wiping out entire models, you're fucked knowing what to do? I totally get it. Really I do.

As Ost, against USF you have to open with combined arms which is compounded by a second problem, no infantry without building T1 or T2 other than doctrinal. MAC AGs just won't cut it against USF uttterly BS inf even in opening, and tier horribly, that means you need to play a LOT smarter, especially on small fast maps, and doubly so especially where your USF opponent is using his PTW Premium commander for insta vet inf saving all that fuel which will be turned into Easy 8s and other goodies long before you'd like to see them.

So as well as appearing after your USF opponent already has a couple of inf squads out on the field, T1 4 man K98 Gren squads just don't cut it against USF inf, so you can't run around aggressively with GOD like impunity as you can with USF inf. And as if that isn't bad enough, did I mention you have to wait to get them so allowing your opponent advantage of numerical superiority, positioning and caps (time) whilst you build T1. The key is to use Ost inf in conjunction with supporting but mobile MGs, plural. Yes, like it or not, you must use MGs. But, here's the sh1tty part, they have a useful life expiry window, which is about as soon as USF have nades. By then, you need MG34 upgraded Grens.

Always fight from behind green cover with infantry and retreat when outnumbered as USF will always win that toss squad for squad. Always have two MGs in mutual support of one another and supported by accompanying infantry to counter flanking or to rescue the MG if it's 'naded and decrewed. Forget static garrisoning them vs US as they will just be flanked and shot, burned or naded. Keep them mobile, in pairs, and supported. That will contain USF movement. You can expect USF to then tier to come up with a hard counter.

If USF inf come out of cover, they will bleed, but a smart USF player won't do that. If you can pin them, use the accompanying supporting infantry to inflict heavy losses, But again, a smart USF player will just retreat. Having PzG (req T2), or AGs (Req MAC) alongside Grens are superb for inflicting this kind of pain fast.

Bunkers are cheap flank and firelane support, but they themselves need to be supported from flanking or AT. Place them to restrict USF mobility, which an aspect of USF's power. They can be flamed, but can't be naded like a crewed MG. USF just have so many BS weps like PACKs, the Stuart Howie etc.

I personally like an Ost doctrine with Ostruppen call-ins for their versatility vs USF. But the truth is Against USF it's just a defensive offensive grind rather than the offensive romp you are used to. Force conservation is paramount. Complacency or carelessness will be punished severely.

Lastly, denying resources is more important than gathering them, particularly fuel. Easier said than done vs USF.
27 Oct 2015, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 05:51 AMWerw0lf

What you mean to say is that you are so used to playing a thoroughly OP faction that requires litle in the way of skill, now you can't just micro a singular blob and throw tactical nuke 'nades wiping out entire models, you're fucked knowing what to do? I totally get it. Really I do.

I was with you here, agreeing. But next I saw you were talking about CoH 2 usfusf ;)

I mean wehrwehr v amisamis :p

Thanks for the post though :D
28 Oct 2015, 02:04 AM

I was with you here, agreeing. But next I saw you were talking about CoH 2 usfusf ;)

:oops: Please accept my apology. My screw up.:rofl: at self.

I mean wehrwehr v amisamis :p

If this helps, I've played (literally) more than two thousand hours of 1v1 auto COH1.

US is by far the easiest (COH1) faction to play with the strongest, highly mobile, aggressive opening.

Wehr 1v1 opening OTOH I find the hardest of the four COH1 factions. It favours a naturally defensive offense mindset and requires that play style. As others have said, generally, it requires a mutually supporting combined arms approach, and to control a specific sector of the map and expand from it. Don't try to open like US or you will lose. One of US's strongest inherent abilities is their mobility. As Wehr, practise denying it, stalling for time which works to Wehr's advantage which is cognizent in every decent US players psyche.

Mobile MGs changing position all the time after every "Surprise!" pin and subsequent forced retreat is better generally than static garrisoning. Any experienced US player will quickly flank and 'nade or flame static MGs out of a building if he has opened with Barracks, or snipe/mortar you out if WSC. Don't linger reliant upon MGs for too long before transitioning. They definitely have a best before date.

Perpetually try to lure/provoke/surprise your US opponent over-extend himself into an MG to force retreat, or become reckless so he exposes his M8 to a mine and PAK and loses it unnecessarily. This has a psychological as well as material effect, and provides that valuable stall/time advantage.

I readily confess that Wehr is not my favourite 1v1 COH1 faction, although like everyone, I love their BS endgame. As neutered as PE are, I still love playing them more than any other faction. Which strikes me as odd that I detest OKW in COH2. Perhaps I've just had too much of playing from behind the 8 ball in COH1 with PE? OMG what I wouldn't give for a proper COH2 Scorched Earth Commander like PE's in COH. Booby Trap is priceless, and Sector Arty although expensive, used well can be a game decider. My fav doctrine of any faction and all time. Just magic against US Inf or Airborne or Brits generally.

Trust some of the above might strike a familiar chord?
28 Oct 2015, 04:17 AM

v v s mg is hard to play easyer is v mg v mg v def bunker def doc but all depends on the map sometimes v v mg mg s when there are many buildings and u play against passiv american and he is capping with riffles play v v s mg

i can say only watch expert inside from tfn and inverse replays and u learn many

u have to choice your playstyle how is ur opponent play

sometimes a fast stuh is good to
when ur opponent tech bars and wsc.

there is no master plan how u get a win u have to read ur opponent like a dance he is doing a step u doing a step

on some maps is the aljaz playstyle good to
v v mg v v mg s many mines t1 t3 or t1 t4

i can say only watch many high level replays and learn from the games
28 Oct 2015, 04:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Its because ostheer infantry is shit. And t3 is negated by allied TDs plus non existent light vehicles. Only strats are command tanks, snipers, and ostruppen. All else is shit.
28 Oct 2015, 15:15 PM
Patrion 14

Its because ostheer infantry is shit. And t3 is negated by allied TDs plus non existent light vehicles. Only strats are command tanks, snipers, and ostruppen. All else is shit.

This discussion is about CoH1, not CoH2.
29 Oct 2015, 18:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I've been playing only US for a long time since that's my favorite faction and I also think it's the best ^^

Now the other day I fought GRdjw (yeah that's him) in vCoH and we both won our US games and BADLY lost our Wehr ones....

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=download&&id=307473

There are a lot of good WM openings which you can try yourself, the two that need most micro to work but are very cost effective if done properly is volk-volk-mg-sniper or the deviation of this build that uses the bike to push riflemen away and scout for the mg which can be something like mg-bike-volk-volk and then adapt from there to either one more volk or one more MG. The easier ones are obviously the ones that dont use either the bike or sniper in which case they are mostly called the heavy tier 1 builds which consists in three volks usually and two mgs. Now when I did play a lot of WM I prefered the sniper or bike opening since it allowed for me to be as agressive as the US player himself. Another important aspect is countering the US teching, you can do this by teching t2 and waiting to see if he upgraded BARs or not (usually BARs come by the time of T2) if he indeed went BARs then you can wait out for T3( building another t1 unit if necessary to hold the map better) or if he isnt teching for BARs then just get the T2 for the pak and maybe a grenadier. Also keep in mind that WM was always more about how you played the map since there are maps that are naturally harder to handle US (eg:angoville,semois) because of all the shotblockers, and the way around these is mostly about spamming mines on important points, getting flamethrowers (and in case of the sniper opening using to push forward especially against the buildings in semois).

Also, keep your mg on the move and predict where he's going to come from, it takes some time but if you are an experienced US player you can guess where his next hit is going to be. Most of the time the early game is won by either chasing rifles that are about to flank you( so you can outnumber the single rifle before he has the chance to flank) or by going to his cutt offs and making him flank you while having a good defense set up ( mines etc.)
30 Oct 2015, 18:06 PM

If the US player rolls on you, you forgot to lay some mines. MGs are really important as werh, but it's very possible to play without them. While mines, are just too important for werh as for US.

It's funny how players don't lay mines anymore in vcoh. I mean we used to have mines all the time from both sides, now it's so easy to flank. I bet that this lack of mines comes from coh2 playstyle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 18
United Kingdom 51
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W