Login

russian armor

Relic Stream - October 21

21 Oct 2015, 17:57 PM

USF Community Picks Name Commander (Rare)

Riflemen Field Defenses

Off Map Smoke Barrage: 50 Ammo

Rangers: 400 Manpower, 8 Population, Highly durable, 4x Thompson Upgrade for 90 Ammo

Combined Arms: 100 Ammo, Duration 60 seconds, Improved Sight inf+vehicles, inf also get accuracy, vehicles get range

M26 Pershing Heavy Tank: 600 Manpower, 230 Fuel, 16 Population, 50 Range, ~250 Penetration, ~Tiger armor, ~Panther speed, 800 Health, Fast Turret, Fast Reload, High DPS, Piercing Shot Vet 1 ability. Limited to 1 ("no vehicle crew")

vet1 acceleration increased / vet2 mobility + auto grenade / vet3 accuracy + rate of fire

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 18:29 PMbC_
Pershing Current stats (subject to change)

HP: 800
Armor: 300
Movement Speed: 6
Acceleration: 2
Deceleration: 4
Damage: 160
Penetration: 220 / 240 / 260
Accuracy: 0.035 / 0.045 / 0.06
Reload: 5.5
Radius: 4

Vet 1: Increase acceleration
Vet 2: Increase Traverse speed + Enables Default grenade throwing from the hatch every 8 seconds does 80 damage (throws a cooked mk frag grenade)
Vet 3: Increase accuracy, Reload time reduction

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 17:54 PMbC_
Current stats (Subject to change)

Rangers:
Weapon Slots 3
5 Man
Target Size: 0.8

Vet 1: Grenade recharge time reduce
Vet 2: heals out of combat, improved accuracy, grenade range increase
Vet 3: weapon cooldown reduction, receive accuracy

Combined arms:
Cost: 100 (probably going to go up)
Duration: 60
Radius: 30
Infantry: Sight Increase, Reload increase, Accuracy Increase
Vehicle: Sight Increase, Reload, Range Increase

Source: Relic Stream
21 Oct 2015, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

I'm curious why they decided to go for high mobility on a tank which historically had very poor mobility (but Tiger-esque durability).
21 Oct 2015, 18:03 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Why do the allied tanks get this grenade shit?
21 Oct 2015, 18:07 PM

I'm curious why they decided to go for high mobility on a tank which historically had very poor mobility (but Tiger-esque durability).

Where exactly did you get this "very poor" mobility from?

Just because wikipedia states that the pershing had a very slow off-road speed doesn't mean it's true.

The reason why wikipedia gives just a poor off road mobility is because not all off road terrain is equal.

If you look at this video this gives a much clearer picture of how tanks actually performed off-road in ww2. (It's not very fast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXEly5_u38
21 Oct 2015, 18:08 PM
Benefactor 115

Ranger's only ability will be grenade. No smoke/sprint/demo.

When you have to pay fuel to research nades, you can load them into tanks as well :snfPeter:
21 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM
Donator 11

Sturmtiger has a vet grenade ability
21 Oct 2015, 18:13 PM

Quality post. :clap:

This USF Commander looks fun.

Relic Stream was good with lots of info and questions answered, good job. :hansGG:
21 Oct 2015, 18:13 PM

It's going to be a heavy hitter for sure, but not the damage soaking heavy tank the US needs as an option with only 800 health. Flanking, not forward assaults, will be the mainstay tactic for US forces it seems.
21 Oct 2015, 18:16 PM
Patrion 14

So I can finally do proper callin meta if I don't tech to major and just save that 120 + 100 something fuel for the pershing.

Oh, and ranger thompsons(wonder if they have tactical assault as well).

Edit: nvm, just watched. Rangers don't get anything like that even with vet.
21 Oct 2015, 18:22 PM

Permanently Banned
800 hp, hm looks like not many for that price. Will se in game what it be.
21 Oct 2015, 18:23 PM

Seems it has no MG, so the grenades are the only way it has to protect itself from infantry. Seems reasonable enough.
21 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 18:07 PMBurts

Where exactly did you get this "very poor" mobility from?

Just because wikipedia states that the pershing had a very slow off-road speed doesn't mean it's true.

The reason why wikipedia gives just a poor off road mobility is because not all off road terrain is equal.

If you look at this video this gives a much clearer picture of how tanks actually performed off-road in ww2. (It's not very fast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXEly5_u38

The Pershing was underpowered like the Tiger tanks were. That's why they quickly developed it into the Patton series of tanks. Why do that if it was already good enough?

I don't expect historical accuracy from the game, it's just nice if things can be more or less as good/bad in different areas as they were in real life, so the game is more intuitive that way. That's one of the main things that interested me in CoH in the first place.
21 Oct 2015, 18:31 PM

The Pershing was underpowered like the Tiger tanks were. That's why they quickly developed it into the Patton series of tanks. Why do that if it was already good enough?

I don't expect historical accuracy from the game, it's just nice if things can be more or less as good/bad in different areas as they were in real life, so the game is more intuitive that way. That's one of the main things that interested me in CoH in the first place.

Yeah but the tigers did not have terrible mobility either.

The real hurdle of heavy tanks in ww2 was not their top speed or off road speed, but rather the logistical problems associated with it. (High fuel consumption, constant breakdowns requiring constant engineer support, inability to cross most bridges) etc etc.

I mean, the tiger I had a top speed of 45.4 km/h. That's pretty fast by ww2 standarts.

21 Oct 2015, 18:36 PM

Why rangers has only nades? I'm so sad... :(

Paras looks better than rangers. :(

I want some other ability... demo? heroic charge? or any other thing.

plz Relic, Don't make my rangers to lame :(
21 Oct 2015, 18:37 PM
Donator 11

Some references put its top speed at a bit slower than that, but it looks to have been about the same as the Pershing on road, and actually slightly faster than the Pershing off road. Yet in the game the Pershing is going to be much faster than the Tiger. Also, it looks like the Pershing's turret traverse should be slower than the Panther's, but faster than the Tiger (the Tiger's traverse was hand-cranked, so).
21 Oct 2015, 18:39 PM

Brad said Rangers had 4 weapon slots. That means you could put 4x bars/zooks on them too.
21 Oct 2015, 18:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Brad said Rangers had 4 weapon slots. That means you could put 4x bars/zooks on them too.
Oh jesus.
21 Oct 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

That means you could put 4x bars/zooks on them too.

4x bars

Oh yesh.
21 Oct 2015, 18:41 PM

Some references put its top speed at a bit slower than that, but it looks to have been about the same as the Pershing on road, and actually slightly faster than the Pershing off road. Yet in the game the Pershing is going to be much faster than the Tiger.

I think thats a cool way to balance it given how USF stresses as a faction mobility and firepower, not durability.

IRL it was basically a more armoured tiger I. That would be helluva boring in game since we already have that with IS-2/tiger...
21 Oct 2015, 18:44 PM

So, basically comet that can't use speed buff, have tad higher penetration and considerably higher cost.

It might turn out much less popular then people believe it to become.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★