Login

russian armor

Osttruppen Doctrine

19 Oct 2015, 21:16 PM

Hello UKF player
I need some help deling with the osttruppen in general and also the ost doctrine.
I have played and watched Players get rekt playing btits vs them.

Of what ! can make out of it is early game ost really got the hole map locked down befor you get out 2\3 infentry sections.
Normaly you react by getting an mg and the struggle is microen youir units around the 4 ost spam you normaly see. The mg get flanked easiely. In short range firefight its killed in seconds. Then you just gave you a mg to the enemy. If you dont loose it, you dont really get to use it much. It depends on the map of course. I have seen 4 ost and 2 pioes with flametrower as a normale build for the ost to counter tranches and buildings.

Infentry sections are much better and last longer in firefights if in right cover, if flanked they still can take a beating but the manpower bleed early on and the lack of map controll are making me uneasy. The british tech up really slow and i know a 222 or flakpanzer rush is coming and i cant counter it good enouth. Mg bunkers and mines are makeing my map directions few and my enemy know where i am striking. GG, well not really BG!

So fellow UKF players, what do you guys do?

Thanks for reading this and all the feedback you are giving me and every one else.
Chef of Death
19 Oct 2015, 22:05 PM

i havent found a way to counter to it, i pretty much get crushed most times when facing it, defo dont play maps with important cut off's you'll get over run easily.
19 Oct 2015, 22:59 PM

It does feel a bit like rorkes drift fighting off the hordes.

try and rush the most important building on maps like la glaize with your initial IS (because you won't be able to dislodge them otherwise), also you can get a trench or two in good locations (middle of the map in crossing, minsk, langres etc), ghost sandbag all the important green cover and hold your corner of the map until centaur. Just remember to get a 6 pounder in time for the flamer HT, because it will wipe your entire army otherwise.

When the patch hits in a couple of weeks it will be a lot easier with the buffed Wasp and reduction in IS reinforce.

Ostruppen are pretty hard to counter atm unless you straight up outplay your opponent, simply due to the bleed on IS.
19 Oct 2015, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 22:59 PMRollo
It does feel a bit like rorkes drift fighting off the hordes.

try and rush the most important building on maps like la glaize with your initial IS (because you won't be able to dislodge them otherwise), also you can get a trench or two in good locations (middle of the map in crossing, minsk, langres etc), ghost sandbag all the important green cover and hold your corner of the map until centaur. Just remember to get a 6 pounder in time for the flamer HT, because it will wipe your entire army otherwise.

When the patch hits in a couple of weeks it will be a lot easier with the buffed Wasp and reduction in IS reinforce.

Ostruppen are pretty hard to counter atm unless you straight up outplay your opponent, simply due to the bleed on IS.

its ok IS getting the buff next patch
28mp reinforce yoo,
20 Oct 2015, 00:25 AM

its ok IS getting the buff next patch
28mp reinforce yoo,

its gonna help the early game for sure, but they still havent given the brits a way to assault positions or a decent AI light unit early its still gonna be rough 1vs1.
20 Oct 2015, 00:40 AM

Early 5 man upgrade helps you survive against ostruppen in the early game as it will divide the dps between 5 models instead of just 4. Romeo tends to upgrade to 5 man as it boosts their dps by 25%. There are people who don't get that upgrade because simply they think it will bleed them more than benefit them but from what i have seen and experienced its more of a benefit than a bleed.
20 Oct 2015, 06:02 AM

its gonna help the early game for sure, but they still havent given the brits a way to assault positions or a decent AI light unit early its still gonna be rough 1vs1.

actually i think its help alot, as Ostrupen Die very quickly but the reinforcement cost is low i think,
im actually concern about when IS fighting with OKW, as Brits Bleed OKW with using just IS,n now the Reinforcement Cost reduce, i think Brits gonna have a great early game, but if it still Struggle again Ostrupen, i think i better buy Ostrupen commander than playing OKW,
20 Oct 2015, 10:23 AM

Early 5 man upgrade helps you survive against ostruppen in the early game as it will divide the dps between 5 models instead of just 4. Romeo tends to upgrade to 5 man as it boosts their dps by 25%. There are people who don't get that upgrade because simply they think it will bleed them more than benefit them but from what i have seen and experienced its more of a benefit than a bleed.

Yeah seeen him do it too, i am normaly upgradeing bolster squads mid\late game. For nor i will try to make te bolster squd upgrade early game to see how that is.
20 Oct 2015, 14:16 PM

It depends on map, but basicly as i know ostheer goes
1-2 mgs and 3-4 ostruppens into fast 2 222s or double sniper covered by pak / 222.

YOu cannot right now fight agains this effectively in early game becuase IS get easily outnumbered outcaped and defeated if you loose your important houses.

All i reccomed is to 1. buy vanguard (yes p2w)
2. early game defend your buildings with 2 IS and one vickers then quicly tech to tier 2 where you build engineer and sniper to couner his snipers.

Then go at gun and agains one engineer.

Give both engineers brens (they have better dps than is) and later give then also to IS.

I recommemd more rushing cantuar becuase its your hope right now.
When you can call in commados glider and kick ostruppen ass with commados , they kill em sooner than can ostruppen retreat , also their great at hunitng snipers.

In the end of day go double at gun and crocodile.

RECAP:
early - 2 is , vickers - hold keay buildings and cut off
mid - engineer , sniper , at gun engineer or glider (depends on cp) bren guns. Try to be more conservative use sniper as coutnersniper and 222 engine damager, harras his cut of if you have option and rush centaur.

build commados to kill his snipers and wipe ostruppens.

Late - call in ass saving crocodile with double at gun.

Really its all about early game.
Just rush important buildings and try to hold him for as much long as you can until you manage to get centuar.
20 Oct 2015, 16:05 PM

It depends on map, but basicly as i know ostheer goes
1-2 mgs and 3-4 ostruppens into fast 2 222s or double sniper covered by pak / 222.

YOu cannot right now fight agains this effectively in early game becuase IS get easily outnumbered outcaped and defeated if you loose your important houses.

All i reccomed is to 1. buy vanguard (yes p2w)
2. early game defend your buildings with 2 IS and one vickers then quicly tech to tier 2 where you build engineer and sniper to couner his snipers.

Then go at gun and agains one engineer.

Give both engineers brens (they have better dps than is) and later give then also to IS.

I recommemd more rushing cantuar becuase its your hope right now.
When you can call in commados glider and kick ostruppen ass with commados , they kill em sooner than can ostruppen retreat , also their great at hunitng snipers.

In the end of day go double at gun and crocodile.

RECAP:
early - 2 is , vickers - hold keay buildings and cut off
mid - engineer , sniper , at gun engineer or glider (depends on cp) bren guns. Try to be more conservative use sniper as coutnersniper and 222 engine damager, harras his cut of if you have option and rush centaur.

build commados to kill his snipers and wipe ostruppens.

Late - call in ass saving crocodile with double at gun.

Really its all about early game.
Just rush important buildings and try to hold him for as much long as you can until you manage to get centuar.

Thank you so much!
20 Oct 2015, 16:08 PM

Thank you so much!

No problem. If problem continous , we can play some 1vs1 games where you will be met agains this strategy and then we together analise the replay. (NOTE: I´m learning and analysing replays only on sunday)
20 Oct 2015, 18:20 PM

No problem. If problem continous , we can play some 1vs1 games where you will be met agains this strategy and then we together analise the replay. (NOTE: I´m learning and analysing replays only on sunday)

If we could do this it would be great ! have some time now on the Sundday of 25.
17 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM

If Ost is using only Mgs and ostruppen, into T2, get an early bren with Is in to hunt moving ostruppen squads. At least that will force him to back teck for fausts.

If your struggling Vs a garrison, use the sniper arty ability to deny the house or completely bring it down. Its only 45 muni and drops at long range, unlike the IS version which throws at grenade range.
18 Nov 2015, 04:59 AM

I think this is where good vickers usage becomes important. It's got a wide arc so take advantage. I'd even suggest getting a vickers + fast t2 (Build a fuel cache instead of a third starting squad) to start pumping out sappers but I haven't tried that particular strat vs ostruppen builds yet so I'm not sure how the timing works. Sappers, especially with 5 man upgrade, are absolute beasts close up and very cost effective against ostruppen. I also like to get a bofors in this match up so having 2 sappers on the field lets you build it a lot quicker.

18 Nov 2015, 05:53 AM

Yeah seeen him do it too, i am normaly upgradeing bolster squads mid\late game. For nor i will try to make te bolster squd upgrade early game to see how that is.

In 1v1 i usually just get a vickers first then when i get that 25 fuel i get the squad size upgrade then queue my first infantry section and so on.
26 Nov 2015, 11:26 AM

Tricky thing vs Ostruppen, is you can hold your important house, but soon he will send his flamer engie, at which point you have to vacate the building, which then has his Ostruppen/MG inside.

I wonder if getting a wasp backed carefully by AT gun and engies would be viable solution?

And I still think using the base howies is a good way to deny houses.
2 Dec 2015, 18:57 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

You have to tech fast with Brits, especially against ostruppen. Tanks are a serious threat against ostruppen so the sooner you get them the better. You seem to be focusing on tier 1 (or tier zero, whatever the fuck it's called), but Brits need to tech up.
3 Dec 2015, 13:15 PM

Tricky thing vs Ostruppen, is you can hold your important house, but soon he will send his flamer engie, at which point you have to vacate the building, which then has his Ostruppen/MG inside.

I wonder if getting a wasp backed carefully by AT gun and engies would be viable solution?

And I still think using the base howies is a good way to deny houses.

Ostruppen can faust. And you bet he will take your AT gun.

So you need to micro well or you will lose WASP to 2 faust, then lose your AT gun to the oncoming blob when it sees you.
4 Dec 2015, 02:59 AM

Thanks guys, with the new patches and reduct manpower for reienformencet for is Its really helping. have not played brits with the desember patch. If any one wanna have a go just send me a pm.

I have been praticing against osttruppen and clever placement of 50 manpower bunkers( dont remember whats it is called right now) and blocking cover for the ost really turns the game. Fast tech to sappers is importent and 6 pounder for the scoutcar.

You need a vickers also, but alwais support it with is and use houses\bunkers for the extra range.

Its normaly a hevy tier 1 or 2 play then you should counter all he got with 2-3 is + 1 vickers + 6 pounder 1-2 sappers. With the new patch that changed amwill i dont know how much use your going to have to spam sappers any more. I used to do this.

I also go Uc early to put pressure on the enemy. On big maps the vicker upgrade is nice, to overcome ost in houses and cover i am useing wasp flame upgrade.

If he is going for a fast p4 and not so useing tech from tier 1 and 2 you would get another 6 pounder and try to fast track to cromwell.

The briths are hard to play 1vs1 but most of all, try to focus one place at a time. Fighting with your hole army is the key to winning the early game\mid game. At this point your going to have a good mix of units and your cromwell or\and centaur can spearhead an attack on the other side of the map.

Centaur or Cromwell is alwais first choice for tanks, Firefly is like a mobile anti tank gun, use it for sniping tanks and holding tanks at bay.

Sorry for typos\ bad writting
Chef Of Death
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight