Login

russian armor

Commander for team games in current meta?

17 Oct 2015, 18:22 PM

Hey guys.
Me again...
Just curious what commanders people are using these day in team games.
I do a lot of 1v1 but now that I got a buddy to play with I have to completely rewire how I play.
I understand that a lot of commanders are situational and also bases on what "works for you".
Any insight is really welcome.
Thanks.
18 Oct 2015, 02:31 AM

I would choose elite troops,mechanised assult,encirclement doctrine,
Assault Support Doctrine and Spearhead Doctrine
18 Oct 2015, 10:24 AM

Spearhead doctrine. never leave home without
one arty doctrine( festung, storm, joint operation, mechanised)
the third maybe elefhant doc or cas
18 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

We talking 2v2?

Is he OKW or another Ostheer?
18 Oct 2015, 17:47 PM

Spearhead doctrine. never leave home without
one arty doctrine( festung, storm, joint operation, mechanised)
the third maybe elefhant doc or cas

Great thanks. Why spearhead? Don't get me wrong I love it in 1v1 but what's the advantages for team games?
18 Oct 2015, 17:48 PM

We talking 2v2?

Is he OKW or another Ostheer?

Mostly 2v2. Other teammate usually plays ostheer.
18 Oct 2015, 18:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Generally you want to cover as many bases as possible between you, so a lot depends on what he does, however:

Something with an MHT:

Counters Brit Emplacements and any other defensive position

Spearhead if you have it, and the Tiger is nice

If not Festung Support

Something with an Elephant:

Jaeger Armour by preference for Recon + Bomb Strike

Recon

Plenty

Off Map abilities

CAS

Having something with Recon+Strike together counters Soviet On-Maps

++++++++++++

In general though, what do you have issues facing and what does your teammate like to do?
18 Oct 2015, 18:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Great thanks. Why spearhead? Don't get me wrong I love it in 1v1 but what's the advantages for team games?

Because it covers a lot of bases:

MHT - Wins Mortar duels, counters emplacements

Recon - Recon wins games

Bombstrike - With Recon counters any on-map artillery

That it also has Smoke and Tiger is just icing on the cake, and if you are comfortable with it in 1v1 you already know how to use it and just need to adjust to the faster teching in 2v2
18 Oct 2015, 20:49 PM

Great info thanks.

I didn't realize that the elefant was worth going for anymore. With focus fire gone I figured it was mostly mediocre. I will give it a shot.

Generally you want to cover as many bases as possible between you, so a lot depends on what he does, however:

Something with an MHT:

Counters Brit Emplacements and any other defensive position

Spearhead if you have it, and the Tiger is nice

If not Festung Support

Something with an Elephant:

Jaeger Armour by preference for Recon + Bomb Strike

Recon

Plenty

Off Map abilities

CAS

Having something with Recon+Strike together counters Soviet On-Maps

++++++++++++

In general though, what do you have issues facing and what does your teammate like to do?
18 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Great info thanks.

I didn't realize that the elefant was worth going for anymore. With focus fire gone I figured it was mostly mediocre. I will give it a shot.

Crocodiles and Churchills are tough to take out, so you might as well start damaging them from distance - especially the Croc

And no one expects Riegel mines so total immobilisation is an unexpected surprise, especially for the Croc that has to get close and pivot to do damage

18 Oct 2015, 22:44 PM

Crocodiles and Churchills are tough to take out, so you might as well start damaging them from distance - especially the Croc

And no one expects Riegel mines so total immobilisation is an unexpected surprise, especially for the Croc that has to get close and pivot to do damage

I do love the riegel mines. They are underused imo. I have yet to play a game where I was able to bring out the elefant but the rest of whats in that commander is excellent.

Great info, thanks.

19 Oct 2015, 08:27 AM

Currently running:

Blizkrieg - (All good abilities here)
Spearhead
Mechanized - (Smoke Bombs, Panzer Command Tank, LeFH, and Spotting Scopes are all really good)

I like these two as well:

Jaeger Armour
Assault Support
19 Oct 2015, 20:27 PM

It depends really on your play style.

Since howitzers became out of meta I prefer Fortified Armour Doctrine over Jäger Armour, because the command p4 is more useful against Brits so you can engage late game tanks longer.

Lightning War doctrine is also very nice because it has a Tiger and the Stuka strafe, which helps a lot when dealing with late game armour. Since you get also g43 on your grens it's one of the doctrines that allows you to fight on even ground in urban close combat maps. This makes it also harder for your enemy to escape the Ju87 strafe and close combat neglects the range advantage tank destroyers have over your Tiger.

I personally also love spotting scops, since it gives you a huge advantage when having it upgraded on a 222. Especially with vet it becomes a maphack, very useful on a lot of maps.
19 Oct 2015, 21:20 PM

It depends really on your play style.

Since howitzers became out of meta I prefer Fortified Armour Doctrine over Jäger Armour, because the command p4 is more useful against Brits so you can engage late game tanks longer.

Lightning War doctrine is also very nice because it has a Tiger and the Stuka strafe, which helps a lot when dealing with late game armour. Since you get also g43 on your grens it's one of the doctrines that allows you to fight on even ground in urban close combat maps. This makes it also harder for your enemy to escape the Ju87 strafe and close combat neglects the range advantage tank destroyers have over your Tiger.

I personally also love spotting scops, since it gives you a huge advantage when having it upgraded on a 222. Especially with vet it becomes a maphack, very useful on a lot of maps.

Great information. I too really love spotting scopes. I think they are the best underused upgrade. I have never regretted getting one, especially on a stug.
21 Oct 2015, 09:01 AM

stug and panther with scope <444>3

also ostruppen commander is useful
12 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

What do you feel about the assault gren doc in 2v2? mechanized assault? Sorry the name escapes if that's wrong.
12 Nov 2015, 22:16 PM

What do you feel about the assault gren doc in 2v2? mechanized assault? Sorry the name escapes if that's wrong.
Assault Grenadiers are still sort of useful. However, they are more likely to die from practically anything since they don't have the same survivability from regular Grenadiers. The only use for them is the sprinting and grenade assault, though the munitions are far more useful elsewhere...

The Panzergrenadier Assault Halftrack is nice in certain cases of hit and run style strategies. However, a the Halftrack is useless since it can't reinforce or have a machine gun. The only good from this call-in is the fact that you can get a Panzergrenadier unit out without teaching to Tier 2. Though it costs a bit of fuel, which is needed for buildings and battle phases.

The Stug III E is good players who have plenty of infantry. Though it must be supported since it is weaker than all the other Ostheer tanks. It can't fight regular tanks that is for sure.

The light artillery barrage is good against static units that can't move fast enough. The best I can see out of this call-in is taking out a player who keeps his anti-tank guns together and doesn't spread them out or units in buildings.

Last, but not least is the Tiger. A good all-around heavy tank that can act as a spearhead unit. I think it's best to keep it supported since it is needed to deal damage with British tanks or tear the Americans apart with the damage it can unleash.

13 Nov 2015, 10:44 AM

Have a howitzer doctrine on-hand. The two most popular Soviet doctrines (Shock Rifle and Guard Motor) can't do a thing about it, which means it's going to be a very frustrating game for an opponent who selects them. Also it's great at breaking up support weapon walls.
13 Nov 2015, 11:34 AM
Donator 11

1) For Ostheer I prefer the Jaeger Armor, because of the scopes and the Stuka Bombing Strike. The Spearhead and the Lighting War doctrines could be great, but I don't have them.
2) For Sovjets I prefer the Shock Rifle, because of the shock troops, IS-2 and the Incendiary Artillery Barrage.
3) For USF I prefer either the Rifle or Airborne Company. Airborne is maybe better because of the P-47 strike.
4) For OKW I prefer the Special Operations Doctrine because of the StG44 and the Panther Command Tank.
5) For UKF I don't have the crocodile commanders, so I prefer Commando Regiment, because of the Commandos and the Air Supremacy Operation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★