Login

russian armor

Countering mid/late game OKW

Hat
12 Oct 2015, 20:24 PM

So lets say a red army player has failed to rush their opponent and crush them in early game. How do I go about countering shrek blobs and multiple ISGs?

Even with the latest patch that "nerfed" the guns I've found that I'm still getting instantly pinned from vast distances making my shocks/guards useless.
12 Oct 2015, 20:42 PM

Korillios guide to counter OPW mid game:

Micro ur inf and dodge liek a pro (if ur blob do a "split move" so that isg targests 1 inf squad away from the blob, keep splittin if he re-targets)

Micro light vehicles and doge OP gun:

Lastly dont be a try hard:

and Pray 2 rng god
Hat
17 Oct 2015, 05:25 AM

dont be a try hard

Ok
17 Oct 2015, 05:36 AM

Use the IL-2 bombing run while you push with everything u got.( not the only option but one of thé most effective as sov) bombing run on thé HQ of course
Hat
17 Oct 2015, 05:44 AM

Use the IL-2 bombing run while you push with everything u got.( not the only option but one of thé most effective as sov) bombing run on thé HQ of course

95% of players watch their blobs and the IsG suppresses any infantry advances instantly.
17 Oct 2015, 10:06 AM

If he goes double leigt (in 1 vs 1) and volks shreck blob (3-4 volks with sckreck) it means his field pressence is really weak , he relly on his guns to force retreat on you because volks cant actually fight of russian infantry effectively.

i recommend using shock frontline agains this , go shokctroops , withc smoke greande they defeat volks, also place mines and demos everywhere , shrecks spam often mean not sweeper.

And then go t70 use it more like kitting unit that kill harrasing volks , you may even get lucky , wipe em and get shreck.

And then go kv8 it counters those shrecks (they die faster than they can do damage right now) . If he goes tank simpy back kv8 with 2 zis guns.

Simpy relly more on his mistake with units m place mines to make him hard to advance (he will have his leigts near his flakbase) and if he overextends punish him with ai tanks , harass his cut off and grab his leigts if he push em forward.

Also shreck blob mean no munny or mp mid game so you dont have to fear any elite infantry and mines
20 Oct 2015, 02:40 AM

I also need help here, 3v3 specially.
Literally all the matches I've lost since the massive ieg buff were lost due to that piece of crap.
I've tried several options, from shocks to bombing them, can't figure a way to get them.
Since they stop your infantry early-mid game, it's hard to keep pushing, and impossible when they get 3 of them. Another option was tanks, but by that time they've got panzershrecks everywhere. I've tried splitting infantry in different groups, getting mortars, flanking with shocks and IL-2 (machinegun). I haven't tried the KV8 though.

tl;dr can't push early-mid game because of iegs, they are also the grimm reaper for ukf emplacements, tanks won't do it because of shrecks+low fuel because we can't push.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★