Login

russian armor

Strategies for 2s (All Factions) What to use?

10 Oct 2015, 09:38 AM

As the title says what strategys do u guys use in 2´s ?:foreveralone:

Me and my Mate using the sowjet pio spam for caping power and the early power of the Us Riflemen to gain map control and harrasing from early to Mid/ Lategame.

Pros are the massiv caping power combined with lots of mines and flamethrowers followed up by Bar/1919/Flame Riflemen and Howitzer.

Downs are a extremely weak lategame..

U have to win the Game fast using VP´s and MP Bleed.

If u cant manage to gain as fast caps as posible, including enemy fuel (cap or cutoff)and forcing ur opponents units to retreat u have to harras with AA HT´s or Stuart and T70 until ur tanks hit the field. by that Time u should have won through VP´s and/or MP Bleed. if not, :hansGG: :hansREKT:

Tell me what are u guys using, or if u have ideas for better Strats :megusta:
12 Oct 2015, 00:13 AM

First of all there's no ideal strategy, depending on opponents and maps you have to be able to do all kind of builds.

Secondly I'm not a fan of builder unit spam in 2vs2 because it's simply not necessary. In 2vs2s you have to cap less points than in 1vs1, thus you can easily cap your side with mainline infantry or team weapons . Also you are easier pushed back by your opponents, because builder units fight bad.

Denying resources is one part of winning. Fortifying and controlling the map & vetting up the right units is just as important. Something that is usually neglected with builder unit spam.

Also it's not enough that only your mate gets rifles. He can be easily doubled and when you have nothing to help with in the this situation you usually lose the complete map and also then the game.

If you want definite strategies you gotta tell about the map and the setup.
16 Oct 2015, 00:30 AM

i hope people are still reading this thread tho cause i dont want to make another same thread

so, how do i improve the gameplay of 2v2's?

cause i always seem to get into the posistion where enemy can dug in with AT, bunker( if axis ), bofor mortar pit, to make me just stand still n cant do anything,

it happen to me alot, even when i play soviet i push them like hell they still manage to make that fortified
place to lock down,
n if i send my AT to atk that bunker, their infantry aiming at me, if i send my infantry to the front getting suppress n cant do much, i try getting the arty like kat, stuka, leig
but they seem to know where n when to push making me had to bail that barrage
but when i try to do their side,

it seem like they were well place all their unit like they know that im coming,

help, :(:help:
16 Oct 2015, 05:47 AM

a lot of text....

Just post a replay - it's always hard to say what you can do better if we don't really see how you play.
16 Oct 2015, 06:10 AM

Just post a replay - it's always hard to say what you can do better if we don't really see how you play.

ok i got the replay last night, let me figure how to send the replay
16 Oct 2015, 06:15 AM

here it is man

me= AxasinGreed
16 Oct 2015, 17:20 PM

here it is man

me= AxasinGreed

checked your replay, if you still have questions don't be afraid to ask.
16 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM

checked your replay, if you still have questions don't be afraid to ask.

well i do want to improve on how to be better at 2v2 since i play 2v2 like 1v1, as u stated how i play
soo how can i help my teammate,

for example, do i cap another Fuel or do i help my teammate to cap his fuel,
n when i see my teammate is losing his Fuel point do i keep pushing my Fuel or immediately go help my teammate n losing the point at my side?..

i need to watch more on the pro's replay,:(
16 Oct 2015, 18:38 PM
16 Oct 2015, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

well i do want to improve on how to be better at 2v2 since i play 2v2 like 1v1, as u stated how i play
soo how can i help my teammate,

for example, do i cap another Fuel or do i help my teammate to cap his fuel,
n when i see my teammate is losing his Fuel point do i keep pushing my Fuel or immediately go help my teammate n losing the point at my side?..

i need to watch more on the pro's replay,:(

Quite simply: it depends.

But for a rule of thumb on the lower and mediocre ranks with random mates: draw battle lines, don't split too far apart.
In team games you may face more than one enemy at any given point, so spreading too thin usually ends up in a lot of bad fights. It's also a bit more exhausting, so sticking together a bit is usually a more chill approach.
As a start it's rather recommended to get your "natural" (the fuel / ammo points on your side of the map), then work from there. In a nutshell, if you play a more mobile faction, you should be more agressive on the flanks, with a more defensive one, you try to bottleneck more - to keep stuff contained.

17 Oct 2015, 00:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 22:32 PMkamk

Quite simply: it depends.

But for a rule of thumb on the lower and mediocre ranks with random mates: draw battle lines, don't split too far apart.
In team games you may face more than one enemy at any given point, so spreading too thin usually ends up in a lot of bad fights. It's also a bit more exhausting, so sticking together a bit is usually a more chill approach.
As a start it's rather recommended to get your "natural" (the fuel / ammo points on your side of the map), then work from there. In a nutshell, if you play a more mobile faction, you should be more agressive on the flanks, with a more defensive one, you try to bottleneck more - to keep stuff contained.

hmm, alright its kinda hard, hehe i think i try my best,
owh another thing, how do u win engagement as OKW agains IS?..

i mean i always send my volk in green cover vs IS in yellow, but in the end, my volk is the 1 losing the battle,
n for some reason i thought that rushing in with volk before he enter the cover would be a good idea.

but it seem, only a slight like 2sec win engagement where after he enter any cover,
even when u in point blank range, he still manage to kill alot of ur volk,

i want to use kubel by i know he will make UC instantly if i do that, soo i make kubel after my 3rd volk
if i fell like needed.n plus i feel soo helpless to deal with brits sniper + AT cover n infantry.

i just make 1 kubel at that time to flank n yolo at sniper then force retreat, but still end up in a losing battle,

sorry for alot of text i try to keep i short next time:lol:
17 Oct 2015, 00:47 AM
Donator 11

Volks are cheap cannon fodder and bad at fighting infantry, IS are not - the latter also basically gains more DPS in cover.
Get a Kubel as first unit, supress the IS, clean up with SPios - those got decent DPS vs infantry at least. The Kubel is there to give you a grasp on map control, don't use it like a stationary MG. UCs are no real threat in team games.
Then advance to the current ISG meta, or get some callin infantry to supplement your forces.

You can also try my approach of just plainly outspamming, flanking and capping them - not recommended though.

Keep in mind it's a team game. See above, being near your mate - work together, time tech ups. Sometimes stalling is the best thing you can do, especially on Axis side.
17 Oct 2015, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 00:47 AMkamk
Volks are cheap cannon fodder and bad at fighting infantry, IS are not - the latter also basically gains more DPS in cover.
Get a Kubel as first unit, supress the IS, clean up with SPios - those got decent DPS vs infantry at least. The Kubel is there to give you a grasp on map control, don't use it like a stationary MG. UCs are no real threat in team games.
Then advance to the current ISG meta, or get some callin infantry to supplement your forces.

You can also try my approach of just plainly outspamming, flanking and capping them - not recommended though.

Keep in mind it's a team game. See above, being near your mate - work together, time tech ups. Sometimes stalling is the best thing you can do, especially on Axis side.

alright kubel eh?..i keep that in mind, but i want to try the AAHT i just wish that relic fix that god damn engine dmg from Small Fire Arm, its realy annoying.

alright i think i learn alot from the strategist hehe :clap:
but i just lost 1 game as OKW just now,
got careless at my micro, which cost soo many thing, from AAHT to panzer to 2 volk with shrek,
ah gg, :gimpy:

any way tnx for the tips, if there anything i want ask pls bear with again haha ^_^
24 Oct 2015, 06:53 AM

heya guys, im back, its a Great tips for 2v2 where kamk and AchtAchter gave me,
but i only work well with Allied in those tactic, where Allied are moblie n Hard Hitting,
when i play axis with random Teamamte just now, he say im noob cause focusing on 1 fuel point, Which his Fuel was the closest,

then i was like Micro Stress u know, where i try to be like what he aspect me to be, Split push like i did with allied, but all my unit are lost cause i lost track to micro my AAHT, Kubel MG Clump together,

i have the replay but its realy a noob Gameplay..i try to have a more decent gameplay :oops:
sorry dear Strategist,
24 Oct 2015, 07:03 AM

Title fixed
24 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM

heya guys, im back, its a Great tips for 2v2 where kamk and AchtAchter gave me,
but i only work well with Allied in those tactic, where Allied are moblie n Hard Hitting,
when i play axis with random Teamamte just now, he say im noob cause focusing on 1 fuel point, Which his Fuel was the closest,

then i was like Micro Stress u know, where i try to be like what he aspect me to be, Split push like i did with allied, but all my unit are lost cause i lost track to micro my AAHT, Kubel MG Clump together,

i have the replay but its realy a noob Gameplay..i try to have a more decent gameplay :oops:
sorry dear Strategist,

Wanna play some 2s ?

Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067985428/
24 Oct 2015, 11:22 AM

Wanna play some 2s ?

Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067985428/

dude Already Added u in the steam,hope we can 2v2 sometime
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W