Login

russian armor

Water (terrain properties)

9 Oct 2015, 22:05 PM

Hi . .

I'm having a little problem with water terrain features and for the life of me can't work out why it won't work so any help would be appreciated.

When I put in a water tap, no matter what I try I can't get it to set to the features I want. I have attached a quick screen grab - the arrows highlight what I want it to do but it won't change type or colour, instead keeping transparent. I could put a huge amount of effort into painting the riverbed (and splats, textures etc) but it still won't be the same.

http://imgur.com/DeZQjzv

Any ideas?

[edit] = I had to put in the link as it wouldn't show it within the post . .
9 Oct 2015, 22:43 PM

the two variables only affect the surface of the water.
Try changing "deep water colour" and "depth"
10 Oct 2015, 12:48 PM

Thanks . .

I assumed that using those would have preset the colours within the palette but no . . so I started playing around with the actual colours on the palette.

In case others need it (or want to play with it), I went into 'Water Colour', 'More Colours' and picked

HUE: 18, SAT:38, LUM: 39, RED: 48, GREEN: 41, BLUE: 35 and then finally set depth to zero.

This gives you a nice deep brown silt river :) Again, thanks for the steer.

14 Oct 2015, 21:59 PM

As a follow up . . how it looks (with a bit of tweaking) in game.

First iteration - http://imgur.com/9vPVJBx

It's really only my first time using this builder and it's quite an interesting tool, fun though.

Keeping in mind what others have said about performance being affected by splats, splines etc, the 2nd iteration will be converting these items (that I have initially used) to paint tile textures instead. A bit more intensive unfortunately (and you're limited to only 8 textures per tile) but hopefully it will decrease any latency issues, especially if I want to be this detailed throughout the map.

We shall have to see how it goes :)

oh and just for info this little diaorama will be in the map. I always found that areas should have something (anything) to engage the user while they are doing so. Yes, it is simply a game about about little skinned models blowing the crap out of each other but if you take that thought and twist it to immerse the user, you always get that little bit of latent realism.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★