Login

russian armor

Oct Balance Preview Patch Notes Gathered WIP

PAGES (8)down
10 Oct 2015, 03:30 AM

whats the commadnos dps now upclose..?? it should not be higher than shocks imo...also rip okw (all game modes)

Why not? They have less armour than shocks, are 4 CP and require a heavy 500/540MP investment to call in with the glider.

10 Oct 2015, 03:43 AM

We've gotten to this very weird place where there's little cohesion or identity among units, weapons, or factions. It feels like with each subsequent patch, things are tweaked here and there that end up just making a mess of things.

Part of what makes the user experience is the ability to intuitively go "This unit has x type of weapon and is meant for y role." So why is it that we have identical weapons performing massively different on different troops?

Instead of writing an essay on inconsistencies, let's just take a look at one stupid example: We have PPSh-41s that are quite effective on Partisans and Conscripts, yet are piddly useless pea-shooters on Shock Troops and Guards Assault Infantry. Why, why are weapons in the hands of trash units inexplicably better than when wielded by more expensive, elite troops? Because everything needs to occupy a middle ground.

The same thing can be said of almost every once-decent unit's identity in the game. All the colors are just smeared over until everything's an unsightly, boring brown.
10 Oct 2015, 03:44 AM

+1. ISG and Pack's should have a similar treatment as Rear Echelon's volley fire in which it can suppress, but never pin.

FYI, Rear Echelon volley fire's last shot will pin the unit down.
10 Oct 2015, 04:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 03:43 AMeebies

Instead of writing an essay on inconsistencies, let's just take a look at one stupid example: We have PPSh-41s that are quite effective on Partisans and Conscripts, yet are piddly useless pea-shooters on Shock Troops and Guards Assault Infantry. Why, why are weapons in the hands of trash units inexplicably better than when wielded by more expensive, elite troops? Because everything needs to occupy a middle ground.

Cons buy their PPSHs which are doctrinal and they're still worse than the one's than Shocks at the intended range of 10m and below, though they are better at range so it's not a downgrade for Cons outside of that range.

Shock PPsH is around 14DPS the Con PPsH deals 10 DPS.

And I'm not sure about you, but you can still generally assume what a weapon does most of the time.

ARs- Mid-to-Short range
SMGs- 10m and below
Bolt-Actions: Generally for Range. DPS generally drops off the least, but also has the least gain.
Semi-Automatics/Carbines: Mid-short range.
10 Oct 2015, 04:58 AM

LEIG
In our effort to make AOE more consistent we saw a huge jump in performance with indirect fire units such as the LEIG and Pak Howtizer. We are adjusting its stats to bring it more in line with other indirect fire units.
  • Suppression amount reduced from 0.3 to 0.23
  • Auto fire reload increased from 6 to 7
  • Barrage reload increased from 3 to 5
  • Damage far reduced from 0.25 to 0.2
  • Damage medium reduced from 0.5 to 0.4
  • Projectile lowest angel increased from 10 to 40
  • Vet 1 Range bonus reduced from 15% to 5%

Pack Howitzer
In our effort to make AOE more consistent we saw a huge jump in performance with indirect fire units such as the LEIG and Pak Howitzer. We are adjusting its stats to bring it more in line with other indirect fire units.
  • Radius reduced from 6 to 4
  • Suppression reduced from 0.3 to 0.23
  • Auto Attack Reload increased from 5.2 to 7
  • Barrage Reload increased from 3 to 4
  • Projectile lowest angel increased from 10 to 40

I'm happy they addressed this issue. I hope the two indirect fire units still get some use, but don't have that same annoying... suppression crap people have to go through.
10 Oct 2015, 05:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 03:43 AMeebies
Instead of writing an essay on inconsistencies, let's just take a look at one stupid example: We have PPSh-41s that are quite effective on Partisans and Conscripts, yet are piddly useless pea-shooters on Shock Troops and Guards Assault Infantry.

It depends how you look at it. The way I see it, Conscript PPSh is inconsistent because it's one of the few upgrades that reduce DPS at a certain range, whereas most upgrades increase it at all ranges. And as Miragefla said, Shock PPSh's are stronger than Cons version up close.
10 Oct 2015, 05:31 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 23:52 PMCieZ
RIP OKW in 1v1...

Relic really needs to take the schreck off of Volks, make them not completely useless for killing things, re-work vet 5 and get rid of the silly income penalty.

Maybe Fusilier spam will rise again...? Probably not though. No way to deal with M20 and Vet 3 double BAR rifles.

All hail our new USF and Ost overlords.

Soviet is probably screwed without the KV-8. I guess Cons are still good for the first 5 minutes, after which point they're just free vet pinatas for LMG grens.

word.
10 Oct 2015, 06:00 AM

Rate of fire was reduced from 26 to 14, I don't recall them mentioning the effect on DPS.

ironically, the new DPS is .... 13.8. commandos dps is pretty much the same value as it's rof. Yes, that means the commandos in vanilla have ~26 dps.
10 Oct 2015, 08:06 AM
Patrion 28

ironically, the new DPS is .... 13.8. commandos dps is pretty much the same value as it's rof. Yes, that means the commandos in vanilla have ~26 dps.

i assume that's per model?
10 Oct 2015, 08:26 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 22:34 PMpugzii

Maybe we should add the Dutch as a faction.. oh wait

What does this childish argument have to do with anything I said before? Even Cruzzi agrees with me, so you just mumble on towards these kind of comments? Pathetic to say the least xd.

To be honest, I find it pretty sad that you have to relate to such behavior instead of just properly responding to my points.

Alas, a sad story enters the forums again.
10 Oct 2015, 08:42 AM

i assume that's per model?

yes

here's the shocktrooper ppsh for comparison

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/shock-troops_ppsh-41_sub_machine_gun_mp
10 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM

Commandos nerf is reasonable, though glider callin should have its cost reduced. Also it implies that it affects royal engineers too, which were the only flanking (non-doctrinal) unit Brits had. Sad, really.

Flamers and flamenade nerfs are reasonable too.

Centaur nerf a tiny bit too much, considering its terrible speed and cooldown.

Light arty nerf is really great since it doesn't seem like the usual massive overnerf, I hope these units will still be used.

IS reinforce cost is justified, but I believe other aspects of Brit early game should have been addressed, and 28 seems too much.

Churchill nerf is... fine, as it was overperforming for fuel, and it's a good solution to the problem. MP cost could be reduced since it's way too manpower-heavy for what it does now.

Air superiority nerf is pretty stupid actually. It's one of the only true anti-stalemate tools in the game. If they wanted OKW trucks to survive, they should've put a -25% modifier like on heavy arty. How air superiority was hard to dodge is beyond my imagination, since you have 25 seconds to move everything out of the radius.
10 Oct 2015, 12:02 PM

28 mp reinforcement for a squad that peforms like a vet 5 squad in green cover from the start? Lelic pls

and out of cover they lose to ostruppen.

IS need this, badly. Grens are still cheaper and get their LMG and grenade without paying for upgrades.
10 Oct 2015, 12:15 PM

Peace out OKW.

Honestly I was ALL IN FAVOR of nerfing the IEG but without a reasonable way to actually deal suppression the OKW is completely fucked with this patch.

As of right now the only thing stopping USF from rolling you right off the map is the stupid LIEG spam. MG-34s are terrible, so realistically how the hell are you supposed to deal with vet 3 rifles? Not to mention that commandos and infantry sections still slaughter volks who are basically cannon fodder at this point. Vet 5? Please. With the wipe mechanics that happens maybe once in a blue moon outside of volks, whose vet 5 is barely on part with allied vet 3. Obers get butchered by pretty much any elite allied infanty and wow I didn't see a single change to the 210MP terminator engineers.

Change the OKW teching costs, remove their completely illogical resource penalty, and give them some doctrinal suppression or you won't see them again after these changes.
10 Oct 2015, 12:17 PM

lol wtf is the point of having two exact same threads?
10 Oct 2015, 12:33 PM

Why not? They have less armour than shocks, are 4 CP and require a heavy 500/540MP investment to call in with the glider.

Last time i checked shocks didnt come with stealth , demo's and instant satchel charges. i believe they start with 0.7 received accuracy as well which is similar to the 1,5 armour of shocks.
10 Oct 2015, 12:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 11:57 AMMuxsus
Also it implies that it affects royal engineers too, which were the only flanking (non-doctrinal) unit Brits had. Sad, really.

It really doesn't, it says 'silence sten smg' and sappers use 'engineer sten smg' so the nerf won't affect them. They have the dps of 7.73 per model btw so even nerfed commandos will do nearly twice the damage of 5 men sapper squad without sweeper.
10 Oct 2015, 12:55 PM

7 nurfs to ISG, while some of them where needed but... it was only thing that kept OKW in game. This nerf and no other adjustment is a nail in the coffin ... I will miss you my friend :(
10 Oct 2015, 13:10 PM

KV8 over nerf is unessasary. it was working well for campy axis players. if u going to nerf it like that give it a HP buff since it is a heavy tank and is very slow.
10 Oct 2015, 13:46 PM

What happened to baby steps? Jeez. At least make emplacements worth building.

Brits got nothing now. Nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS