Login

russian armor

[OKW] [1vs1] [Tier 3 Mechanized HQ]

9 Oct 2015, 14:01 PM

Problem:With USF T3 getting massive unwarranted buffs and arriving much earlier, zook cost reduction, M10 Wolfpacks dancing around the map, brits .50 AP crit cheese, and ninja AOE nerfs, many OKW players have forgotten about this building altogether. This is always the case when the developer arbitrarily buffs a few units from one faction due to fanboy weepings and ignores the domino effect. It might be still viable against SOV but it is always a big mistake to go T3 when facing Brits/USF. Even the stuart can kite and destroy the puma.

Solutions:
  • Increased survivability: that includes both the puma and the flak HT. Extremely vulnerable to oorahnade and Stuart. Increasing their hitpoints will assure the OKW player that it is not a total waste of resources and a huge risk. At least you could be able to play defensively with these units.

• Significant cost reduction: Both the puma and flakHT could be made cheaper so losing them (which is very likely after the latest patches) would be more forgiving.

• StukaZuPuss: The cooldown is way too long for a barrage which is mostly hit or miss (unlike the Nebel, Kat) . Its performance does not justify the current cost.

• Remove the fuel penalty: There, that solves all the problem and shortcomings.

9 Oct 2015, 14:13 PM

Survivability: disagree

Cost reduction: maybe for flakHt.

Stuka: cooldown is in line with other artillery vehicles, but the price is really high. Also: Nebel? WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Remove penalty: with all the nerfs that OKW received, I think it should at least be considered. If not, at least let the sturms or volks build cashes. Last games I really get the feeling that vet5 is so useless, because I don't perceive it as giving extra power in comparison to other unit's vet3.

But that's just my perception, I don't make any tests and it's been a long time since I last checked the veterancy guide.
9 Oct 2015, 14:19 PM

OKW T3 is non meta / dead.

The Puma doesn't survive that long and is not really needed to counter light vehicles since double Raketenwerfer do the same job. Also Puma doesn't help against Churchills, Ez8, T34/85 etc. You better get a JP4 which actually scales into the late game like no other unit in this game.

Flak Track is bugged, can't fire on the move and the worst out of all half tracks. This unit needs to fire on the move to be actually useful. Tough this needs some accuracy changes so it won't easily wipe squads, especially on retreat.

The stuka is the only useful unit and good balanced imo. However right now 2 LEIG's do the same job while costing less and coming from T1 that basically allows you to fight the game alone with the support of call in infantry.
9 Oct 2015, 14:38 PM

okw is the weakest faction in coh2 atm only the isg walks on the nervs :(
9 Oct 2015, 14:58 PM
Donator 22

I think units from mechanized HQ are good but changes to allied teching and raketen and isg buffs made them undesirable. It's very risky to go flakHT if usf goes captain + stuart and any unit from soviet t3 can kill it and they arrive pretty fast after flakht. I still find puma very usefull aginst anythinng else usf has expect EZ8. But JP comes also pretty fast and scales better into late game so it's really not needed.
9 Oct 2015, 15:05 PM

Scaling the fuel cost for light vehicles to that of other factions could work.

At the moment you're paying an extra 34% fuel for an extra 2 levels of vet you will never reach with such fragile units like the puma.

Also imo the biggest issue with T3 is that you have zero healing, which means your volks are even more useless against rifemen and cons/shocks.

My solution to this would be to give sturm pios a healing upgrade like tommies at T3, then you could heal units at an affordable price and with a whole lot less micro.

This would give OKW the choice for a very defensive playstyle with forward med truck, or a very aggressive one with light vehicles.
9 Oct 2015, 15:14 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 15:05 PMRollo

At the moment you're paying an extra 34% fuel for an extra 2 levels of vet you will never reach with such fragile units like the puma.

Also imo the biggest issue with T3 is that you have zero healing, which means your volks are even more useless against rifemen and cons/shocks.

My solution to this would be to give sturm pios a healing upgrade like tommies at T3, then you could heal units at an affordable price and with a whole lot less micro.

This would give OKW the choice for a very defensive playstyle with forward med truck, or a very aggressive one with light vehicles.
i agree, 40 muni med packs are quite worthless. They either need to be a lot cheaper, or have AOE healing.
9 Oct 2015, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 15:05 PMRollo

This is 100% right- T3 could be a lot more viable if it didn't mean your infantry was walking about on half health all the time. Healing is obv needed, so you have to forgo T4 in order to get it- or at the very least get a really late t4. At that time its impact is severely hampered, so T2 ---> T4 is just a better choice, regardless of T3 units under-performing.
9 Oct 2015, 15:24 PM

Flak and Stuka are fine, but puma is useless. And if you go to T3 no medics...
9 Oct 2015, 15:54 PM

Puma is surely not useless. I do think that t2 and t4 are better than t3. T3 is always the latest tier I make
9 Oct 2015, 16:09 PM

Yeap, this guy is doomtornado for sure
9 Oct 2015, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 14:58 PMassbag
[...]
My point exactly.

They either need to be a lot cheaper, or have AOE healing.
Yeah like the OST ones from luft

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 16:09 PMbert69
Yeap, this guy is doomtornado for sure
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/210958-balance-feedback-guidelines-format-for-providing-feedback
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★