Login

russian armor

Ostheer and Soviet only fun factions to play

9 Oct 2015, 11:06 AM

Hi guys.

I play mainly 2v2, and have been doing so since the launch of the game June 2013, and I must say the only factions that are currently enjoyable to play are Ostheer and Soviets.

Soviets conscripts got the buff they needed; a viable molotov. Soviets Partisans also got viable which opened up more commanders to play with competitively. Conscripts with maxim + ZiS + SU85 + Katyusha/ML-20 is a fun strategy to play with, constantly pushing up and steamrolling the enemy emplacements. Most of the units except the horrendous T-34/76 are balanced and viable to play with. The Soviets overall make for a fun aggressive styled faction to play with.

Ostheer, as the Soviets, also have a bunch of viable units to mix with. Grens, Mortars, Snipers, MG42s, pios with flamers, Stug, Ostwind, and even T4 is now excellent with the Panzerwerfer performing as it should do, as a blob repellent. Faction mostly responds to what the enemy does; break their attack and then move up your position. Many commanders are viable all from Mobile defense doctrine to the more commonly used Jaeger Armor doctrine.

OKW, UKF and USF however, do all suffer the same syndrome; they have few OP units that completely overshadows the rest of the faction. OKWs only strat atm is going medic truck (if you go repair truck you are basically gardened), and spamming homing rocket ISGs. Hold out until mid game and lock down a good portion of the map as possible until you get heavier tanks in. Have a volk blob with schrecks ready to punish any advances towards your flak truck and ISGs.

USFs only chance is to go Rifleman and Pak howies, since they are also vastly overpowered like the ISG. Rifleman blobbing and Pak Howies into armor is the only way to go, making the faction incredibly monotome to play as.

And lastly UKF, Vanguard commanders overshadows all the other with OP typhoon airstrike and churchill crocodile and Commando officer. Have you guys witnessed the invulnerability of a vet 3 commando officer charging? Basically impossible to kill with small arms fire.

My point is that Relic REALLY needs to bring out the nerf hammer on these particular units and abilities that COMPLETELY overshadows the rest of the units and abilities that UKF, OKW and USF possesses. REWARD the commander that breaks the meta and the norm to try out alternative strategies. Right now there is only 1 way to go with these 3 factions and it makes them incredibly boring to play.

TLDNR: Relic needs to make OKW, USF and UKF as varied and fun to play with as the Soviets and Ostheer are. They lack variety due to the OPness of ISG, Pak howie, Rifleman blob, volk blob and Vanguard commander.

Just a few thoughts I had this morning while playing 2v2 random.

// Syllabeer
9 Oct 2015, 11:50 AM

9 Oct 2015, 13:38 PM

i find all factions fun.

9 Oct 2015, 14:19 PM

To be honest, I was a bit disappointing with the Brits. Their early game is crap, even more now that the wasp was nerfed. Infantry Sections are insanely overpriced and too costly to reinforce.

Artillery Regiment, which I was looking forward to, is garbage. The artillery can't hit anything and is slow to turn and fire. Sexton is broken and nowhere as good as the Priest. Valentine comes too late. Artillery overwatch is a waste of munitions.

:(
9 Oct 2015, 14:29 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I completely agree +500
9 Oct 2015, 14:31 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 14:19 PMF1sh
To be honest, I was a bit disappointing with the Brits. Their early game is crap, even more now that the wasp was nerfed. Infantry Sections are insanely overpriced and too costly to reinforce.

Artillery Regiment, which I was looking forward to, is garbage. The artillery can't hit anything and is slow to turn and fire. Sexton is broken and nowhere as good as the Priest. Valentine comes too late. Artillery overwatch is a waste of munitions.

:(

Umm you have played 9 games as UKF? Brits early game is pretty good, if you actually played them and used different builds you would also see that.

Early vickers, snipers and access to various emplacements and a diverse range of vehicles at your disposal.

Play the faction and learn how to play them.
9 Oct 2015, 14:35 PM

Umm you have played 9 games as UKF? Brits early game is pretty good, if you actually played them and used different builds you would also see that.

Early vickers, snipers and access to various emplacements and a diverse range of vehicles at your disposal.

Play the faction and learn how to play them.

I find all armies fun to play.
They all have their own unique flavor and I'm playing them depending on what team mate wants to play or simply on the general mood at the time.
9 Oct 2015, 16:48 PM

I must say Katitof, you can't be serious that OKWs has any form of unique flavor right now, it is all just LEIG spam to win high ranked games.
9 Oct 2015, 17:14 PM

Permanently Banned
All I can say is okw OP, obersoldaten beat conscripts 1v1. We need to nerf more than the isg to give the faction more unique flavor.
9 Oct 2015, 18:15 PM
Patrion 14

i like murica.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment