Login

russian armor

light tanks and half tracks

9 Oct 2015, 01:14 AM

light vehicle, being part of the meta needs a little looking at.

they are far too fragile for what they are worth and that really limits their capability/impact on the battlefield.

2 AT gun shots will generally take t70/m20 skirted or not/m5 halftrack/german halftracks/flak HT/222 out. there's where the problem is, AT guns are usually snipers and the 1st shot is granted if firing from the fog, this discovery shot is generally unavoidable, however, its where the 2nd shot is where counterplay is possible, move out asap or risk getting blown up. but with vehicle agility/acceleration and pathing, it is difficult to move out of the 2nd shot, making a heavily invested vehicle extremely worthless, compared to another infantry squad which is much more durable and less of a micro tax.

to allow better counter play and ease of light vehicle use, my suggestion is to give light vehicles a very tiny buff of +20 hp so they may survive the 2nd shot, making only the 3rd shot is lethal, or combined push of AT nades/handheld AT + AT guns extremely lethal. in return, allow 2nd shots to reliably destroy the main gun.

9 Oct 2015, 02:32 AM

9 Oct 2015, 03:05 AM

The T-70 is arguably the best offensive Light Tank in the game, the health is his weakness. T-70's beat Luchs in a fight, and Stuart don't match the T-70's legality. If the T-70 is given 400 health, it'll need a lethality nerf to avoid becoming too powerful too early on.

I'm against that though, I'd prefer to keep it as-is. A well preserved T-70 is a strong weapon.
9 Oct 2015, 03:54 AM

This would represent a major nerf to the Ostheer thing as the Allied factions have far more light vehicles.
9 Oct 2015, 04:03 AM

ehhhhhh if its not broken dont fix it pls :D We don't need another balance fiesta along with Relic's ideas on adding new things to the game after getting our desired balance.
9 Oct 2015, 04:09 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I would love to see all light tanks/vehicles get a health buff in exchange for a damage nerf. Currently vehicles and tanks are far too much high risk high reward, having such insane squad wipe potential but getting 2 shotted leads to bad gameplay.
9 Oct 2015, 04:09 AM

Screen with infantry, therefore the first shot is avoidable, then use the superior speed/maneuverability to smoke/flank. More than one AT means resources not in INF or tech or armor. IMO
9 Oct 2015, 04:17 AM

I would love to see all light tanks/vehicles and even some mediums get a huge buff in exchange for a damage nerf. Currently vehicles and tanks are far too much high risk high reward, having such insane squad wipe potential but getting 2 shotted leads to bad gameplay.

I don't agree, if people want CoH1 lethality they can be free to play CoH1. I like CoH2's lethality with some exceptions, mostly British outliers like Commandos doing 120dps... But tanks takings 8 hits or more to kill just, eh.
9 Oct 2015, 05:55 AM

Just leave it as it is. Currently this is fine. Don't want any Churchill 70's
9 Oct 2015, 06:32 AM

Just leave it as it is. Currently this is fine. Don't want any Churchill 70's

+1

If there are any units that doesn't need to be touched at all, surely the T70 is part of them.
9 Oct 2015, 06:34 AM

t70.. i remember that ocf game with jesulin. feels like they are more than fine,like its the best light vehicle out there
9 Oct 2015, 07:12 AM

T70 = 100% the strongest light verhicle out there, it can take every unit on, except Puma. Personally I think the Puma is just a medium-light tank. So not in the same corner.
9 Oct 2015, 07:45 AM

On the other hand, when will my AEC not be a resource sink?
9 Oct 2015, 07:49 AM

I seriously never had the feeling that the AEC was a resource sink. Although it seriously need some love.
9 Oct 2015, 08:21 AM

I remember the time during alpha, when people got 2-3 of them and used them instead of T3 rush for meds, then relic happened, because cheaper, inferior puma was too good and too cheap :foreveralone:
9 Oct 2015, 08:22 AM

In case of the T70 you can just activate selfrepair after the first hit, so it survives the second hit.
9 Oct 2015, 10:56 AM

No, I like my T-70 with insane wiping power. It's just that you have to micro it really well to keep it alive.
9 Oct 2015, 11:56 AM

Light vehicle healths are balanced excluding M3 halftrack.
9 Oct 2015, 16:23 PM

This would represent a major nerf to the Ostheer thing as the Allied factions have far more light vehicles.

A better move would be to give them reduced received accuracy vs all AT weapons as long as they are moving which will allow you to skirt around at max range with a better chance of being missed but by constantly moving you will also be less effective yourself as you are penalized for firing while moving. This would mean that 2x AT guns isn't auto death for a T-70, 222, Luchs, M20, etc but that the 2x AT gun will still provide excellent counter-play by forcing the vehicle to stay at max range and be on the move.
9 Oct 2015, 17:19 PM

I remember the time during alpha, when people got 2-3 of them and used them instead of T3 rush for meds, then relic happened, because cheaper, inferior puma was too good and too cheap :foreveralone:

I would still like to see it go down to the 280-300 Manpower range myself. I have to be a fool to get it when I can save for something better, like a Mortar Pit or Forward Assembly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★