Login

russian armor

M5 Halftrack idea

8 Oct 2015, 21:20 PM

I have an idea.

Remove reinforcement ability from HT.

Make it a separate upgrade for 30-60 munis. Quad mount upgrade is there too, below it. Choose one or the other.

BUT WAIT!

When you upgrade it w/ reinforce ability, it increases HP by 160.

Y/N?
8 Oct 2015, 21:23 PM

I'm in favour, so long as the three conditions below are met.
1 -Mirror the upgrade on the Sdfkz 251.
2- Give both halftracks higher damage and longer bursts on their main guns (being the M2 and the MG42) so that they're not useless until upgraded, and can still fulfill a combined arms role.
3- Slight speed increase to encourage using them to ferry troops.
8 Oct 2015, 21:29 PM

2- Give both halftracks higher damage and longer bursts on their main guns (being the M2 and the MG42) so that they're not useless until upgraded, and can still fulfill a combined arms role.

Yes, agreed on mirroring for 251!
8 Oct 2015, 21:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, but really need a bit of work right now since they largely have bonuses aiding reinforcing from veterancy that they will almost never obtain without the upgrade that prevents them from reinforcing...
9 Oct 2015, 17:10 PM

+1,000 on the buffing of the main gun so they can actually do some DPS without needing to be upgraded. The buff of health and reinforcement upgrade for some muni's is also pretty cool.
9 Oct 2015, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Armor buff to the 251 is all I want, it shouldn't be made of paper while m5 is bulletproof. Plus 320 health is plenty. I can agree with frontal mg buffs. Perhaps even suppression at vet 2.
9 Oct 2015, 18:22 PM

Armor buff to the 251 is all I want, it shouldn't be made of paper while m5 is bulletproof. Plus 320 health is plenty. I can agree with frontal mg buffs. Perhaps even suppression at vet 2.

Agreed, it's weaker than the OKW versions, which all have consistent armor values. Funny thing is that means the Stuka has more durability than the Ost Half-Track.

The M5 doesn't need the durability as much anymore since it's no longer an end-tree unit.
Hat
11 Oct 2015, 08:50 AM

Quad should be able to replenish squads. Sov needs some AA and some way of reinforcing squads other than conscripts and retreat.
nee
11 Oct 2015, 10:36 AM

I prefer reinforcement is ALWAYS an option, but you have to toggle it which disables weapons or both weapons and movement. IMO it's a suitable alternative and doesn't cause a quad to run around replenishing infantry.
11 Oct 2015, 10:52 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 08:50 AMHat
Quad should be able to replenish squads. Sov needs some AA and some way of reinforcing squads other than conscripts and retreat.

Yeah and go back to the rush m5 quad meta where it could push off all infantry, insta pin them and counter the first pak reliably whilst supporting and reinforcing your troops all the time.

No thanks!
11 Oct 2015, 11:11 AM

Yeah and go back to the rush m5 quad meta where it could push off all infantry, insta pin them and counter the first pak reliably whilst supporting and reinforcing your troops all the time.
No thanks!

Yeah and go back to the pre-rush times. You know, before:
•Quad 50 Cal suppression increased from 0.003 to 0.009
•Quad 50 Cal damage increased from 8 to 12
Another obvious solution:
Add T4 in requirements on Quad upgrade
P.S. I always rush in to fast qwad because it is an effective method rip at part german defence (except bunkers). And i always have 3 Vet on my qwad -_-
11 Oct 2015, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 11:11 AMTAKTCOM

Yeah and go back to the pre-rush times. You know, before:
•Quad 50 Cal suppression increased from 0.003 to 0.009
•Quad 50 Cal damage increased from 8 to 12
Another obvious solution:
P.S. I always rush in to fast qwad because it is an effective method rip at part german defence (except bunkers). And i always have 3 Vet on my qwad -_-

If you can't get vet 3 on your quad, you should be ashamed. The thing gets vet 1 after two or three model kills.
Hat
11 Oct 2015, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 11:11 AMTAKTCOM

That would make countering certain vehicles in early game difficult, if not practically impossible. Referring specifically to OKWs AA.
12 Oct 2015, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 17:23 PMHat

That would make countering certain vehicles in early game difficult, if not practically impossible. Referring specifically to OKWs AA.

Qwad is not AT-vehicle you know. Take ZiS or guards if you need AT.
12 Oct 2015, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 08:50 AMHat

Not they way they were. It's hood that they can't reinforce now with the quad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★