Login

russian armor

Best okw elite infantry

8 Oct 2015, 16:42 PM

What's the best elite infantry to go for as far as anti infantry goes. I mostly try to go for Obersoldat, but are they really the most effective infantry. I'm not necessarily talking about best infantry per $, but just best overall outside of price.

I know obers got nerfed at some point. I usually get them with ir stgs. Should I not be?
8 Oct 2015, 16:56 PM
Senior Caster Badge

As far as OKW infantry goes Obersoldaten are the strongest non-doctrinal anti-infantry inftantry. You would want to equip them with the MG34 and have them pummel units at long range which is very effective. The STG44's are very good in close range environments and also ignore cover bonus's. So utilise them on the correct maps for maximum potential.

With regards to doctrinal infantry effectiveness it's really difficult to say. My honest opinion is that the panzerfusiliers are the best because they are a 6 man squad and they have access to G43's making them effective at all combat ranges. They have anti-tank abilities and grenades. So they are by far the most useful infantry type for OKW in that respect.

The only real advantage that the Jaeger inf and Fallschrimjaeger have is that they can spawn from buildings. It's really a matter of good selection depending on the map!
8 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM

Obers will mow down everything except for Commandos/Shocks that manage to get into close quarters. They're the most durable and in my opinion the overall strongest OKW infantry squad in the game. They're also the most expensive and require T4 tech which can be difficult to get to in a 1v1.

Fusiliers/JLI are probably your second best bet in a 1v1 depending on map. JLI have the advantage of coming out of buildings and having the Ostwind in the same commander meaning you can play off of just your med truck. Jp4 + Ostwind combo is quite effective.

Fusiliers have more overall DPS and staying/stopping power than JLI. However everything else in that commander is somewhat mediocre in most situations in a 1v1 environment. The JT is a monster in larger modes though.

Falls are probably your worst option. They do put out a lot of damage but they are the easiest OKW infantry to wipe in my experience because they clump so heavily. Their advantage is that they can do a ton of burst damage right when they pop out of a building - likely giving you the potential to wipe a squad if deployed correctly. They, like JLI, require no munitions investment and are the only OKW unit with access to the panzerfaust. Fusiliers can AT snare but theirs is way more unreliable than the Fall faust in my experience. The MG34 can be strong on the right maps and the Valiant Assault/Airborne assault can be solid... but require a large munitions investment - more effective in team games than 1v1s.

All things considered I generally rank JLI > Fusiliers > Obers > Falls in a 1v1 environment.

JLI come early, pop out of buildings, can build booby traps, give you access to an Ostwind and are generally cost-efficient.

Fusiliers shut down pretty much all allied infantry once vetted and can really hold the line. However, they require a large munitions investment and the rest of the commander is sub-par.

Obers just dominate everything if they get to engage from a distance. They have the best vet bonuses in the game as far as infantry goes and if you manage to keep them alive to get 4/5 they can single-handedly deal with 2-3 squads of infantry. However, they're hard to access in terms of tech and hard to vet because of how late they come.

Falls... well... I love them but they're just too glass-cannon in a lot of situations. They spend a lot of time retreating/reinforcing because of how quickly they tend to die. Their firepower does get pretty insane if you can get them to vet 2/3 though.
8 Oct 2015, 17:46 PM

What's the best elite infantry to go for as far as anti infantry goes. I mostly try to go for Obersoldat, but are they really the most effective infantry. I'm not necessarily talking about best infantry per $, but just best overall outside of price.

I know obers got nerfed at some point. I usually get them with ir stgs. Should I not be?

Imo overall the Panzerfüsilier is the best after that > Jaeger > Fallschrimjaeger > Obersoldaten is the worst.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★