Login

russian armor

Easy fix to ISG & pack Howitzer

8 Oct 2015, 02:01 AM

Remove suppression completely. It's dumb how it stops flanking troops cold that aren't even grouped up with anyone else. Plus the units often go straight to pinned instead of just suppressed. Keep the cost the same and reduce accuracy a little to avoid it sniping units as often then give it back through veterancy. This last item will helpt with the complaint that even when people are able to wipe a gun it just gets recrewed (more a problem with OKW but USF to lesser extent) and goes back to insta-pinning your squads all over the map. The enemy will still be able to recrew but they will take awhile to get up to being a big threat again. I would increase damage AOE a little bit as well since it is supposed to be a blob control method.

TL;DR remove suppression, reduce accuracy but increase vetted accuracy and slightly increase AOE damage. Thoughts?
8 Oct 2015, 02:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Personally, I'd much prefer good accuracy at the cost of lower AoE. Death to one-shots. Put the blob control elsewhere.
8 Oct 2015, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 02:08 AMVuther
Personally, I'd much prefer good accuracy at the cost of lower AoE. Death to one-shots. Put the blob control elsewhere.

I think the accuracy is the cause of a lot of the one-shotting. Grouping in Coh2 is still awful so one accurate shot is all you need. I like the idea of more scatter but a little higher area of effect. Tone down the damage a little to spread the damage over the squad. Only chance of one shot wipes are too highly hurt units which is no problem.
8 Oct 2015, 02:15 AM

Permanently Banned
God, why cant we just all agree to revert the buffs to when they were fine before?
8 Oct 2015, 02:17 AM

what if they did something along the lines of doubling the fire rate but halving the damage? This would be in addition to removing the supression. There would be less need to reduce accuracy and no complaints of 1 shot full hp squad wipes.

No squad wipes no supression same average damage, it seems like a fair change that can keep the unit viable
8 Oct 2015, 02:20 AM

Permanently Banned
what if they did something along the lines of doubling the fire rate but halving the damage? This would be in addition to removing the supression. There would be less need to reduce accuracy and no complaints of 1 shot full hp squad wipes.

No squad wipes no supression same average damage, it seems like a fair change that can keep the unit viable
Or we just revert the buffs to the previous state
8 Oct 2015, 02:21 AM

I would increase damage AOE a little bit as well since it is supposed to be a blob control method.

Increase the AOE would make ISG like PakHowi, with A Little more Range, Ppl will still complain, U know How devestating if u make 2 Pak Howi, the AOE n the Suppress is More insane than the ISG, Ofcourse its Rare to see Ppl make 2 of Them cause of the Manpower, But if u Lucky Enough, U might See the Pak win Over ISG Due to its DMG AOE

8 Oct 2015, 02:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think the accuracy is the cause of a lot of the one-shotting. Grouping in Coh2 is still awful so one accurate shot is all you need. I like the idea of more scatter but a little higher area of effect. Tone down the damage a little to spread the damage over the squad. Only chance of one shot wipes are too highly hurt units which is no problem.

Yeah, that's true too...

Ugggghhhhhh I downright wish they remade all the maps so cover-areas would never be lacking space for all squads' models instead of this.
8 Oct 2015, 02:31 AM

God, why cant we just all agree to revert the buffs to when they were fine before?

+1
8 Oct 2015, 02:31 AM

i would like it that way, but u have to remember y they Change the Pak n ISG,
is to counter Blob as ppl complain that USF n OKW lack of Indirect Fire, To make it Viable they Make it as it is now,

n Do u remember when ppl say that ISG n Pak is inaccurate?( because they using it wrong like shoting behind shot blocker AKA mortar style)

then some pro i dont remember, i think it might be Cruzz, Teach us how to use ISG n Pak,Then all the Complain start
8 Oct 2015, 02:46 AM

Revert... to a degree. I would lock their arc like an MG/ATG and give these things an actual role as an infantry support gun, not a mortar in disguise, because I think for them to be powerful they should be required to have some skill. This would also give more opportunity for the M8 Scott, if people weren't fond of microing an ISG, fine, use the M8. They're vulnerable enough, and arrive at such a time where that is a risk/reward proposition, currently ISG's are a no-brainer.

I wouldn't like an ATG that auto-attacked, and this thing currently shoots incendiary sniper rounds through shot blockers at it's own whim.
8 Oct 2015, 03:58 AM

Revert... to a degree. I would lock their arc like an MG/ATG and give these things an actual role as an infantry support gun, not a mortar in disguise, because I think for them to be powerful they should be required to have some skill. This would also give more opportunity for the M8 Scott, if people weren't fond of microing an ISG, fine, use the M8. They're vulnerable enough, and arrive at such a time where that is a risk/reward proposition, currently ISG's are a no-brainer.

I wouldn't like an ATG that auto-attacked, and this thing currently shoots incendiary sniper rounds through shot blockers at it's own whim.

Ending the place and forget auto rotate and auto target or would definitely go along way to improving the counter player available to opponents. I do not think we should reverted back to before the buff, US and OKW need quality indirect fire.
8 Oct 2015, 03:59 AM

I agree with OP, the suppression mechanic is inconsistent with all other light artillery, and is currently breaking the game. I'm not fond of my units being randomly instant-pinned by something 60 units away in the fog anyway. Remove the suppression and it should be fine.
8 Oct 2015, 04:08 AM

I agree with OP, the suppression mechanic is inconsistent with all other light artillery, and is currently breaking the game. I'm not fond of my units being randomly instant-pinned by something 60 units away in the fog anyway. Remove the suppression and it should be fine.

Exactly thank you. It goes against all other artillery in the game. It's like the old Soviet HM-120 mortar but also having good suppression. What a nightmare. At least with that mortar even in broken state it couldn't snipe suppress you
8 Oct 2015, 04:16 AM

HERE IS AN EASY FIX. Revert Latest Changes done to it. Kappa They were both TOTALLY FINE before Relic buffed them.
8 Oct 2015, 04:24 AM

Alternative: Make it like it actually was.

Remove it's normal indirect fire and put that into the barrage ability only. Instead it fires directly normally, making it like a crewed version of the short-barreled Pz IV 75mm.

And then suddenly it's an actual infantry support weapon, something you use to knock out machine-guns, troops in buildings, and the occasional light vehicle, but not to unleash terror on half the map.

( Oh, and remove the suppression. )
8 Oct 2015, 04:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

HERE IS AN EASY FIX. Revert Latest Changes done to it. Kappa They were both TOTALLY FINE before Relic buffed them.

Exactly. Which means:

-Still cheap, still with suppression but not with CRAZY PINS and INSANE accuracy.

Although i'll go a bit further:

-Remove suppression from auto-attack. Increase number of shells from barrage and give it suppression.
8 Oct 2015, 05:12 AM

Alternative: Make it like it actually was.

Remove it's normal indirect fire and put that into the barrage ability only. Instead it fires directly normally, making it like a crewed version of the short-barreled Pz IV 75mm.

And then suddenly it's an actual infantry support weapon, something you use to knock out machine-guns, troops in buildings, and the occasional light vehicle, but not to unleash terror on half the map.

Love this idea, as long as the barrage has a quick cool-down like a Mortar. Maybe the auto-fire could be restored with Veterancy. But in the end, they're more akin to small Howitzers than Mortars, and that's a neat way to make them act like it.
8 Oct 2015, 05:20 AM

How about keeping the stat now, but no autofire? :foreveralone:
8 Oct 2015, 07:19 AM

Solution A: remove auto-fire
Solution B: make them as ATG/MG with a fix cone of fire, reduce the damage per shot but keep the suppression.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★