Login

russian armor

Next patch sneak peak by Relic

9 Oct 2015, 23:34 PM

I don't care how long it takes to get a patch released, I just want them to thoroughly internally test it.

They need to get rid of the Patch Mod system and go to a PTR system that MMO's like WoW and EVE online have. That way players don't need to spend nearly as much effort in order to find matches. Simply offer an option on the main menu to switch to "Beta mode" which gives you an overview of the upcoming patch changes and allows for auto matching with other beta testers.

They also need a more robust bug finding system, they shouldn't need to rely on 2-3 players in the entire community to find things. Me and Cruzz shouldn't know more about the internal game mechanics than the people developing the game.

'Me and Cruzz' lmfao chill out bro, your nothing like Cruzz.
9 Oct 2015, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 23:34 PMpugzii

'Me and Cruzz' lmfao chill out bro, your nothing like Cruzz.

That's utterly besides the point.
Again, the point is that such lowly non-Relic plebs as us, even the highest or the mid-range or whatever, probably shouldn't know more about the internal game mechanics--same amount, sure, but Relic should be just as competent as the highest bidder, even more so than a mid-range player who pokes in the files.
13 Oct 2015, 08:17 AM

Players will gradually leave because the gaming undustry is giving them too many options.

What options? This is the best RTS there is.

The "oh this game is dying" we have heard since release. Keep that up for long enough and eventually (whenever that is, it hasn't happened to CoH1 yet) you get to say "see, now it's dead! I was right!".
Hat
13 Oct 2015, 08:35 AM

Man, I watch the Streams and see how they patch the game it just feels like they don't even play the game or have much of a personal interest in making it an enjoyable experience. A lack of passion.

The "oh this game is dying"

I've seen people leave for men of war over balancing issues but It'd be best if we consulted the steam statistics before making an overall judgement on the popularity of the game.
13 Oct 2015, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 08:35 AMHat
I've seen people leave for men of war over balancing issues

Yea, couple of people go there for a week or two.
Then they learn what it truly means to have imbalanced game and come back to coh2 :snfPeter:
MoW is fun for a couple of games, when you get to actually know the game, you come to realization of how horrible it is.
13 Oct 2015, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 19:07 PMnigo
source: relic stream

War spoils fix never.

Can you or someone else elaborate on this?

Thank you!!!
13 Oct 2015, 09:08 AM
Patrion 28

there doesn't have to be another RTS for people to go play. at this point i only play coh2 with friends and spend the rest of my time on other games. i wish there was a good RTS option right now but i don't really like any of the available ones for one reason or another.
13 Oct 2015, 09:41 AM

there doesn't have to be another RTS for people to go play. at this point i only play coh2 with friends and spend the rest of my time on other games. i wish there was a good RTS option right now but i don't really like any of the available ones for one reason or another.

RTS games are dead.
There are games (game) like SC which are, at least for me, very boring.
There are games like Blitzkrieg/CoH which keep playerbase not becasue they are awesome but because they are about WW2.
I took a break form CoH2 and switched to other games but not RTS becasue there are none.

But when I look back, my god...
Cossacks 1, Battle for Middle earth, Warlord Battlecry III, Age of Empires.
Damn awesome RTS.
Yet currently, 15 years after Cossacks 1, we don't have ANY rts which would be so huge and complicated like cossakcs 1.
13 Oct 2015, 09:43 AM

RTS games are dead.
There are games like Blitzkrieg/CoH which keep playerbase not becasue they are awesome but because they are about WW2.
I took a break form CoH2 and switched to other games but not RTS becasue there are none.

Damn awesome RTS.
Yet currently, 15 years after Cossacks 1, we don't have ANY rts which would be so huge and complicated like cossakcs 1.

Yeah the RTS "golden age" started in the 90's and lasted until about the mid-late 2000's.
13 Oct 2015, 09:56 AM

The "oh this game is dying" we have heard since release. Keep that up for long enough and eventually (whenever that is, it hasn't happened to CoH1 yet) you get to say "see, now it's dead! I was right!".

You clearly don't read what I'm saying.
Also, saying that this is the best RTS there is is an opinion. I share your opinion, but that does not mean it is the best RTS.
The gaming industry is giving us a lot more options than before with games coming out every day. Not only RTS, but all genres in general.

I also don't say this game is dying. You just read what you want to read and than rant about it :).
13 Oct 2015, 10:17 AM

Dat meme though

*cringe*

I die a little inside when I see meme's used wrong :romeoPls:
13 Oct 2015, 11:21 AM

RTS games are dead.

Damn awesome RTS.

True. And the reasons are quite simple. RTS is exclusive to PC, and not many people like to play hard-to-master- RTS games. Add some RNG and you have something appealing to a small proportion of gamers.

RTS games are also not very easy to design. You can spew out CoD bad BF games left and right.

Someone mentioned Golden Age of RTS, I'm gonna go one step forward and say Golden Age of PC gaming. Steam saved us, but are far from those days.
13 Oct 2015, 17:31 PM

RIP Churchill Tank
14 Oct 2015, 06:51 AM

Ok name at least two currently active RTS games (not Command & Conquer clones) that is a "higher quality game" than COH2.

Let's try to be more fair here. When it comes to RTS, Blizzard are just C&C copycats and I think Relic deserve abit more credit as pioneers in RTS along with Creative Assembly with the Total War series.

IIRC, Blizzard Entertainment have been publishing their own games for many years. Relic Entertainment had to work with at least 4 different publisher with one going bankrupt.

To name a few;
Homeworld 1 + 2, Sierra Entertainment
Impossible Creatures, Microsoft
Dawn of War, THQ
COH, THQ
COH2, SEGA

CA & Relic are both pioneers in RTS that have been living in the shadow of Starcraft and others C&C copycats for more than a decade. Yes Blizzard currently make good MMO/MOBA games.
But when it comes to RTS, they cant continue to just milk money from classic C&C RTS which are a dying game genre on PC.

In South Korea, SC1 eSport & community helped alot to build up "hype" for SC2's popularity in the EU/US.
Now the SC2 hype are dieing in South Korea, Blizzard RTS will die slowly with it.
Many players are moving to MOBA/MMO games and Bllizard are moving with games such as Overwatch (team based FPS) and Hearthstone + Heroes of the storm. Bllizard are just not going to take the risk with innovative RTS like Relic and Creative Assembly or to create a MMO RTS.
It's getting pretty obvious for potential eSport sponsors that Blizzard are abandoning RTS for MOBA/MMO games. So that eventual will mean less money for SC2 tournaments. For CA/Relic that mean if they polish their RTS franchise (console + pc) they can get more attention from eSport sponsors that want to focus on innovative RTS that can potentially take over from SC2.

Mobile casual RTS games (Game of War + Clash of Clans) are more popular than ever and casual gamers are the fastest growing community in the gaming industry. Console/mobile RTS = Casual gamer, PC RTS = less casual and more hardcore RTS.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/03/the-shocking-truth-about-mobile-gaming.html

Compared to most COH2 players I am an relative old RTS/MMO gamer. I played Homeworld 1 in the top10 ladder and was also a top player/visionary leader in a very complex MMO game (EvE Online).
HW1 released 1 year after SC1 and was light years ahead of Blizzard in innovation.
With Homeworld, Dawn of War and COH, Relic have made at least 3 innovative RTS games that are not C&C clones.

So stop with the naysaying. Either believe in COH2 (or COH3/DoW3) and help make history. Or go back to C&C clone games and have fun with that dieing era. Your choice.

So much this. I grew up om AOE and those simple types of RTS but fell in love with total war and the much more tactical play and would never go back to a C&C or AOE style RTS again. Might as well try to make the best of it because everyone else seems to be moving to console games and mobile/freemium content where casual players s don't complain about DLC and it is all pay 2 win.
14 Oct 2015, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 11:21 AMRMMLz

True. And the reasons are quite simple. RTS is exclusive to PC, and not many people like to play hard-to-master- RTS games. Add some RNG and you have something appealing to a small proportion of gamers.

RTS games are also not very easy to design. You can spew out CoD bad BF games left and right.

Someone mentioned Golden Age of RTS, I'm gonna go one step forward and say Golden Age of PC gaming. Steam saved us, but are far from those days.

+1

In addition players today are not willing to learn a game for more than 5 minutes.
CoD - You look around, you shoot, you throw grenades - That's it.
CoH2 - Learn 5 different factions, counters, soft counters, commanders, and so on... - weeks to months
14 Oct 2015, 08:02 AM

+1

In addition players today are not willing to learn a game for more than 5 minutes.
CoD - You look around, you shoot, you throw grenades - That's it.
CoH2 - Learn 5 different factions, counters, soft counters, commanders, and so on... - weeks to months

I've to agree with you. Most people don't have the concentration span for more than 5 minutes. So if they get beaten up so hard because they don't know the game they'll leave the game aside.
14 Oct 2015, 08:24 AM

I can not agree with Steam saved us.
COH 1 was very good as this Game not Steam Version.
I have Tears in my Eyes if i think about this Golden Age of Quazal Server, Smurf Accounts, and Stats, Ranks,Leaderboards ingame.
Now Coh1 is dead because Steam and Coh2 dont be that good to stay (DLC, War Spoils, no Ranks,Chat,ingame Leaderboards, Balance)

My Opinion is Steam ruined this Franchise
14 Oct 2015, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 08:24 AMSmoky82
I have Tears in my Eyes if i think about this Golden Age of Quazal Server, Smurf Accounts, and Stats, Ranks,Leaderboards ingame.
Now Coh1 is dead because Steam and Coh2 dont be that good to stay (DLC, War Spoils, no Ranks,Chat,ingame Leaderboards, Balance)

Steam is nothing more than a platform. DLC and no ranks ingame are design choices, do you really believe this game is unbalanced because of Valve? What you feel is nostalgia, coh1 isn't even dead yet.
14 Oct 2015, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 08:24 AMSmoky82

Nah it's Relic that ruined it by just not giving a fuck about vCoH anymore because CoH2 was at the start.
It's understandable because there was no money win with supporting a 7 year old game any longer. CoH2 took all the ressources so the server conversion was only done slowly and lazy.
But hey, they also could have just stomped the game at all like Call of Duty does every year.
There is still a way to play vCoH online. You cannot play MW2 without > 300 ping.
14 Oct 2015, 08:55 AM

Play New Steam Version and say it again. Playerbase are weaker as COD.
Look at the Leaderboards, u wait Hours for a Game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS