Login

russian armor

Possible Brit indirect fire fixes

7 Oct 2015, 12:26 PM

1) Make base howitzers directly controllable with an extremely long barrage cooldown, reduce accuracy. Can't kill OKW bases due to long CD but will deal with MGs in buildings (something that can only be killed by sniper, and even that is due to an oversight) and, to some extent, with light artillery. What I don't like about this is the RNG factor - the scatter is huge, but that just reduces the frequency of wipes out of nowhere, not removes it.

OR

2) Increase pyrotechnics supplies range. As it stands, the upgrade is totally useless in the early game because of the range: it's like a grenade, but with a 15 second fuse and a completely random damage value. 30 range would be enough to actually have an incentive to buy the upgrade. It will destroy bunkers and cover, and that's competely fine, because 90 munitions should be able to do that.
7 Oct 2015, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 12:26 PMMuxsus
[...]base howitzers [...] reduce accuracy[...]

How is nerfing most terrible indirect fire in game helping anything?
Even you admitted the scatter on it is huge and you want to make it even worse?
7 Oct 2015, 12:33 PM

good idea, especially with the base howie we can finally win the first egagements with some nasty arty on their heads from the very beginning
7 Oct 2015, 12:38 PM

good idea, especially with the base howie we can finally win the first egagements with some nasty arty on their heads from the very beginning

as I stated, the cooldown and scatter would be very shitty. the howies are also only unlocked 1 per tier, so no arty in first engagements.

Hey, it's free, better than nothing. It's only for the purpose of killing static things, so scatter doesn't really matter.
7 Oct 2015, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 12:38 PMMuxsus

Hey, it's free, better than nothing. It's only for the purpose of killing static things, so scatter doesn't really matter.

It's not free you pay to tech up, it's included in the cost to tech up. Please apply logic to your thinking.
7 Oct 2015, 13:26 PM

It's not free you pay to tech up, it's included in the cost to tech up. Please apply logic to your thinking.

It is free compared to the current howitzer which requires munitions to fire.
7 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM

The scatter is already so large that throwing it in an MG house or emplacement usually ends up with a few of my own units dying that seemed well out of range.
7 Oct 2015, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 13:26 PMMuxsus

It is free compared to the current howitzer which requires munitions to fire.

It would definitely require muni's to fire, I severely doubt Relic would not apply a muni cost if they went down the route suggested.
7 Oct 2015, 17:07 PM

The only thing they need to really do is tighten up the shot group on the base howitzers. Currently it is a joke. It almost never hits, currently all it is good for destroying buildings after you have got both guns up.

I never get the flare for my IS, I only use my sniper flare after it becomes to dangerous for my sniper to rampage like he can in the early game. Hold fire, sneak, throw flare into nasty building, fall back, rinse repeat.
7 Oct 2015, 17:09 PM

1) Play Brits
2) ???
3) ???
4) Profit
nee
7 Oct 2015, 17:26 PM

I'd rather the base howitzers just fire faster with smaller scatter. Smoke grenades should be thrown the same distance as any thrown object, it's just that with the horrible accuracy and scatter radius of the base howitzers, the risking of units to use that munitions-cost ability isn't worth the effort or risks involved. That changes when the results are actually going to do some reliable damage.

At time of writing, using it near anything you're fighting is the same as telling your friend to not fire at that fish in the barrel until you've jumped into it first.
7 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned

7 Oct 2015, 17:58 PM

I see OPs logic but disagree because it goes against current design of UKF.

IMO howitzers themselves should have a fuel based accuracy upgrade for each.
7 Oct 2015, 18:06 PM

Nerf air supremacy and 25 pounder railway arty shit
8 Oct 2015, 07:17 AM

First off, they need to make the Howitzers respond faster. Make them turn more like a Schwerer HQ or Bofors, and less like a 17 Pounder or LeFH. The ability to simply 'swivel' into position would really help them. They also need to reduce the time before the guns fire drastically, this should make the guns much more responsive.

Next, make the guns fire in an alternating pattern so there's never two shells exploding at once, but rather a continuous barrage. The rate of fire and speed of the 25 Pounder actually lead to rumors among German Troops that the British secretly had automatic 25 Pounders, this change could help display that power.

As for the shell, I'd increase the AoE, keep max damage low, and add suppression. Unlike the American 105's or German LeFH, the 25 Pounder was designed for suppression rather than destruction. The design turned out to out-range it's counterparts and were great at neutralizing enemy troops despite a purposely less devastating shell.

Lastly the British need a way to call in Artillery at range. I'm thinking maybe Rifle Flares as part of the Pyrotechnics package (I would have preferred a Mortar based red smoke round, but they have no mortar.) . Rifle Flares will call in normal barrage from further away. The Red Smoke Grenade could be changed to call in a precise barrage immediately around the smoke to wipe out specific targets such as entrenchments or strategic buildings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★