russian armor

Sherman Proposal

7 Oct 2015, 16:57 PM

1- Be on the move
2- Give order to smoke
3- Immediately order to move
4- ???
5- Profit

that couple seconds of stopping and accelerating again will get the sherman killed.

the smoke on the sherman is really for covering an attack, not escape.

7 Oct 2015, 17:14 PM

nrelic needs to nerf sherman already op now after allied fanboys cried load enough to force relic to overbuff every allied unit so axis has no chance every stage of the game. good game design but if that is fun for allies fanboys ok
7 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM
Patrion 27

that couple seconds of stopping and accelerating again will get the sherman killed.

Exactly. It's not even about the micro, it's about accel/decel speed and fluid gameplay. The Sherman doesn't need any other changes.
7 Oct 2015, 17:44 PM

Exactly this.

Problem with smoke is its slow rate of fire makes covering attack lanes hard because they give the enemy so much time to react. This should be changed to: when fired all of the smoke rounds should be fired at once. The arc will cause them to take time to land and prevent it being used exclusively as a get out of jail card.

Besides making it easier to use, this will have the added benefit of getting rid of that annoying animation where the Sherman fires smoke across half the map as it drives away.
7 Oct 2015, 21:43 PM
Patrion 14

Your suggestion would actually nerf the sherman imo, the smoke ability is amazing for supporting your infantry.
Your sherman is like a giant support weapon, it's not like a comet which is meant to push through the lines by force. The sherman is only for flanking heavies, or moving togheter with rifles to keep the opponents elite infantry at bay and at a certain degree sponge damage.

USF is perfect right now, the pak howie needs nerfing and the mechanized doc half track needs a health increase.
7 Oct 2015, 21:57 PM
Donator 11

I don't think the Sherman needs any changes, it's in a decent spot imo. The smoke is different than the defensive smoke other vehicles have sure, but it's amazing if you smoke a pak or mg to attack a position. Not that many people use it aggressively either so you can really take people offguard. Tldr: smoke and flank kappa
7 Oct 2015, 23:03 PM

It would be a nice QoL buff for the Sherman. And fit it's role as jack of all trades.

Decent at everything, excellent at nothing.

I personally don't ever build Shermans, because they don't really fit a certain role. I prefer Jacksons for anti-tank tank, and rifles + arty as infantry counter.
7 Oct 2015, 23:06 PM
Patrion 28

Alright fair enough, I guess I could of been more eloquent in my response. But I feel that relic made the Sherman stop for the sole purpose of making the game more micro intensive. TBH the only thing I think should be changed with the Sherman M4A3 is this feature.

peter said in a cast quite a while ago that it's not supposed to stop but the issue never got fixed. i'm pretty sure it has to do with the ability being a target point; teleports had the same issue in dow2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★