Login

russian armor

Abandoned

6 Oct 2015, 23:28 PM

I think its stupid. Destroyed a P4 today and captured it and I won the game, RNGLyfe.
6 Oct 2015, 23:47 PM

It is what it is unfortunately.

For my own part I would like to see relic give players more control over the abandoned crit by only allowing it to happen on vehicles with a damaged engine or destroyed main gun. That way players would be better able to predict when it might happen and could attempt to influence the odds with mines/AT nades.
6 Oct 2015, 23:49 PM

Abandon needs to be changed so that its somewhat predictable and allows more counter-play.

Something like:
Immobilized + Death = Abandon
2 Heavy-Crits + Death = Abandon
Base territory + Death = Abandon
6 Oct 2015, 23:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Abandon needs to be changed so that its somewhat predictable and allows more counter-play.

Something like:

Reverse it, always abandoned unless those things.

And then no one ever complained about light vehicle rushes ever again when the rushers barely pressured with them out of fear of giving them to the enemy :jk:
7 Oct 2015, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 23:56 PMVuther
Reverse it, always abandoned unless those things.

And then no one ever complained about light vehicle rushes ever again when the rushers barely pressured with them out of fear of giving them to the enemy :jk:

You want vehicles to always abandon? I dunno, I can't agree with always abandon.
7 Oct 2015, 01:40 AM
Patrion 27

One might say it's time for COH2 to... abandon the abandon mechanic :foreveralone:

It sucks.
7 Oct 2015, 01:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You want vehicles to always abandon? I dunno, I can't agree with always abandon.

Nah, don't really want to. Personally think I could live with it though, would be a very good remainder sticking in your head at all times to not YOLO your vehicles...and I remain certain there would be many like-minded people to you.
7 Oct 2015, 07:58 AM

It needs to be more consistent yes. It has a way too large impact to be so random.
7 Oct 2015, 14:58 PM

Something like:

This makes most sense for game play sake and to provide a degree of realism as crews typically abandoned their vehicle only when it was immobilized or engine was on fire or damaged in which case they would try to escape bit of the vehicle was functional it would make more sense to try to drive to safety.
7 Oct 2015, 15:55 PM

AM I the only one who likes the abandon mechanic?
7 Oct 2015, 15:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Nope, I love the abandon mechanic too. It creates this really nice and crazy rush in the game where players fight incredibly hard for it. As much as you can lose the tank to the enemy, the enemy can also lose a lot of units attempting to steal it ;)

The game would be incredibly boring without all these little things I feel
7 Oct 2015, 16:06 PM

Hell no, a lot of people love the RnG mechanics that add adrenaline filled emergent game play to CoH, but recently a few players have been pushing this new "predictability angle" were all RnG must be stripped out. I disagree strongly with those players.
7 Oct 2015, 16:13 PM

I love RNG.

Although sometimes I hate it.

:banana::banana:
7 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

Permanently Banned
I hated it when my two of my t34-85s got abandoned right next to each other. On the other hand, I loved it when I stole an abandoned King Tiger in a 1v1 on Semoisky summer.

Goes both ways I suppose.
7 Oct 2015, 16:34 PM

One might say it's time for COH2 to... abandon the abandon mechanic :foreveralone:

It sucks.

Abandon YO MAMA
8 Oct 2015, 01:36 AM

Personally I think some abandoned vehicles should get a little extra HP once de-crewed and take fire dps or something which eventually destroys it, in addition to reducing the rate vehicles are abandoned. Adding a way to make it player influenced rather than exclusively random would be great as well. Introducing small changes that improves the already dynamic combat keeping while competitive matchmaking in mind.

It'd be such a shame if a tournament winning game is decided on a lame abandon, which is a decent possibility right now.

8 Oct 2015, 01:49 AM

Hell no, a lot of people love the RnG mechanics that add adrenaline filled emergent game play to CoH, but recently a few players have been pushing this new "predictability angle" were all RnG must be stripped out. I disagree strongly with those players.
Count me in as well. RNG is so amazing when it works in your favor, and even when it doesn't, it adds a special silliness and flavor to the game that helps set it apart.
8 Oct 2015, 14:53 PM

Heh. Had a game vs a brit player. His centaur got abandoned. Instant surrender :D
9 Oct 2015, 15:30 PM

The best thing about the abandoned mechanic is it can punish players who make a push and get abandoned with no units around to either recrew the armor or destroy it. In that sense it serves a purpose to bring some extra risk to YOLO'ing your armor into an enemy's base to finish off units or what have you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment