Login

russian armor

Bugsplat with new system

6 Oct 2015, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

hey folks,
last week i bought my new gaming system. After installing hardware and software i tried to play some PC-games. Everything works fine except coh2. In every single coh-game i get bugsplat. The game is unplayable for me now... Can someone help me? Relic...?

System: Win 10 64bit
RAM: 16 Gb
CPU: Intel core i7 6700k 4.0 GHz
Graphic card: Sapphire 11244-00-20G AMD Radeon R9 390 Nitro Grafikkarte

Crash Report #1112959

Thanks for Help!
6 Oct 2015, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Have you tried to disable the replays? That solved all my issues right away!

You could give it a try, here is a guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156776308
6 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM
7 Oct 2015, 08:03 AM

it's in issue with CoH2 <> R9 390 series <> graphics driver

had the same experience and even many other users as u can see in the official forums bug section

when you look into the windows event log u can see that there is an error message stating that the graphics driver stopped working and was restored

I managed to play w/o any gamecrash since one week by

- cleaning the graphics driver with the DDU from Guru3D
- installing the latest official catalyst 15.7.1
- deinstalling and REdownloading the WHOLE game
- apply the standard windows 10 design w/o any background picture (just colored screen)
- ensure that there is no other application running in the background, even a mediaplayer like AIMP causes crashes
- setting all graphics settings to MEDIUM

there is a chance that you don't have to apply all the things mentioned but u have to try it by yourself

except from lockups where the game stucks for a sec I had no further bugsplats at all
7 Oct 2015, 09:14 AM
Donator 11

Thanks Fatalerror for all these informations. It´s properly a way to play this game. BUT not my solution. Its not the way to downgrade a new gaming system to play a supported 2 years old game...

Any Relic statement?
7 Oct 2015, 09:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Thanks Fatalerror for all these informations. It´s properly a way to play this game. BUT not my solution. Its not the way to downgrade a new gaming system to play a supported 2 years old game...

Any Relic statement?

Soon™
7 Oct 2015, 11:35 AM

Any Relic statement?

u can try a full reinstall if the game files were just transferred from you old computers steam folder
7 Oct 2015, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

It doesnt work...
7 Oct 2015, 17:16 PM

I had a similar problem to yours and the sad part is, there are a lot of possibilities that can lead to frequent bugsplats.

1. In my case, it turns out I actually have a faulty ram stick. My system usually works fine despite that but every once in a while (about once every two weeks) I'd get a BSOD. Coh2 would carsh once every two days but it would otherwise run just fine.

I used memtest86 to detect the faulty ram stick. It's probably a good idea to run it once a year just to eliminate ram as a possible culprit.

2. The other recommendation I have is to manually uninstall and re-install all visual c++ redistributables and updates (2005-2013). It's tedious to do but I noticed several games don't come with their respective dependencies.
7 Oct 2015, 17:35 PM

dude 99% chances are that is none of your fault. the game is half broken.
dont waste you precious time trying to solve this. I have 2 good pcs and both in win 7 and win 10 latest nvidia drivers and the game always crashed with no apparent reason. Sometimes you can play 2-3 games with no issues, other times after game ends BAM crash.
15 Oct 2015, 07:16 AM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Let me fix it myself

Exit all Windows based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows
Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and clickOK.
Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

Works also in Win 8 & 10
15 Oct 2015, 16:11 PM
Donator 11

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Let me fix it myself

Exit all Windows based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows
Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and clickOK.
Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

Works also in Win 8 & 10

"Specifies the number of seconds that the GPU can delay the preempt request from the GPU scheduler. This is effectively the timeout threshold. The default value is 2 seconds. " - With that u can skip the problem. Maybe it works now, i tested it in two games. But its not the solution for relic. They have to improve synchronization from the graphic card driver and coh2 files.
15 Oct 2015, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

I think its working
15 Oct 2015, 17:26 PM

15 Oct 2015, 19:13 PM
Donator 11

Do they using tdrDelay 8?
15 Oct 2015, 19:33 PM

yes

as you can see in the official AMD forums, many problems have been fixed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10