Login

russian armor

British Tactical Support Regiment

6 Oct 2015, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi there,

Before you read this, this is not a whine thread, just an informative thread in which I would like some information on things :)

I have played a few games against certain British players that tend to use the British Tactical Support Regiment commander. And they always pop the Artillery Cover ability, which costs 250 munitions, before they assault a position of mine that has a combination of tanks or tank destroyers and infantry.

Can someone please explain to me what the Vehicle disabling artillery from this ability actually does? If it hits, it insta stuns your tank, which is fine, but more often than not it will give you a damaged engine and insta stun you at the same time. Now I am just wondering, is this what it is supposed to do?

To me it seems like an ability that always pays itself back. I have situations where one or two Jagdpanzer IVs were defending an area, an area that had seen heavy battle many times. One was more to the front, the other more to the back, so they can cover each other. Then the Brit player pops Artillery Cover and both my tanks get insta stunned and sometimes this comes with a first hit engine crit as well. 99% of the time, my tanks will get circle strafed to death, since Jagdpanzer IVs can't turn that well and the Artillery Cover ability also provides anti infantry artillery, so my volks couldn't fully support my tanks.

Now this isn't a disaster, I have won many games whilst having to endure this ability, I don't find it OP or overperforming in any way shape or form!

So again, just wondering, is it supposed to insta stun and possibly also engine damage at the same time? In other words working as intended or not?

Regards

Current knowledge: first hit insta stuns, second shell always hits due to first shell stunning and engine crits the tank. Can't insta stun and insta engine crit at the same time!

Also thanks to elchino7:

This is Relics changelog

Artillery cover:
Added a delay and warning smoke to give players a chance to react to the ability. Change the stun critical with a weapon disable to prevent constant stun.
Added warning smoke
Added 4 second delay
Vehicle Stun Critical removed from penetration table replaced with Main Gun Loader Injured

What it seems they really did:

Kubelecer:
"it seems like you are completely right. The patchnotes said that they replaced the stun effect with injured loader, which in reality is main weapon disable, but I didn't realize it could damage engines before. Sorry for the previous post.

The shells have 60 damage and 1000 pen, 66% weapon disable and 33% regular engine damage. They drop warning flares and start droppping after 4 seconds. I am not sure but from watching hans once I think the brit needs vision on enemy tanks to make them drop".

Hux
6 Oct 2015, 15:35 PM
Patrion 14

I thought they changed it from inst-stun to gunner crit or something like that? one of the robots will know.

it was just stunning the shit out of everything like you describe.

Maybe the change got reverted in the last hot fix on the Relic Rubix cube of balance changes? Who knows?
6 Oct 2015, 15:35 PM

Well I have encountered that vehicle disable arty but it wasn't insta engine damage or destroyed only sight blocked or turret jam or something.

Its annoying very effective "IF" enemy near your territory.
6 Oct 2015, 15:47 PM
Donator 11

It's 250 munitions, but otherwise sure.
6 Oct 2015, 16:24 PM

Permanently Banned
It's 250 munitions, but otherwise sure.

My mistake, will change it right away :)
6 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

Permanently Banned
I was thinking, could it be that it stuns you on the first hit and a few seconds later engine crits you on the second hit? That might explain why my Jagdpanzer IVs keep getting stunned and have engine damage afterwards!
6 Oct 2015, 16:58 PM
Donator 11

It only targets unit as long as they are in field of view, so any smoke abilities should be able to deal with it
6 Oct 2015, 16:59 PM

I was thinking, could it be that it stuns you on the first hit and a few seconds later engine crits you on the second hit? That might explain why my Jagdpanzer IVs keep getting stunned and have engine damage afterwards!

Highly probable.
6 Oct 2015, 17:19 PM

Permanently Banned
It only targets unit as long as they are in field of view, so any smoke abilities should be able to deal with it

Great info, but as OKW, what smoke capabilities do you exactly have? Can't recall anything apart from puma and flak ht smoke?
6 Oct 2015, 17:20 PM

Permanently Banned

Highly probable.

Splendid, it will probably be this combination.
6 Oct 2015, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

God bless the search function on old posts (once you know who are the file diggers it's easier to look for this things)

This is Relics changelog

Artillery cover:
Added a delay and warning smoke to give players a chance to react to the ability. Change the stun critical with a weapon disable to prevent constant stun.
Added warning smoke
Added 4 second delay
Vehicle Stun Critical removed from penetration table replaced with Main Gun Loader Injured

Kubelecer:
"it seems like you are completely right. The patchnotes said that they replaced the stun effect with injured loader, which in reality is main weapon disable, but I didn't realize it could damage engines before. Sorry for the previous post.

The shells have 60 damage and 1000 pen, 66% weapon disable and 33% regular engine damage. They drop warning flares and start droppping after 4 seconds. I am not sure but from watching hans once I think the brit needs vision on enemy tanks to make them drop".
6 Oct 2015, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

Great info, but as OKW, what smoke capabilities do you exactly have? Can't recall anything apart from puma and flak ht smoke?

For the most part that's it, regrettably. You do have the vet 1 nades from obers and falls, but the have the added benefit of dealing damage and blocking the unit from firing so not exactly preferrable.
6 Oct 2015, 18:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Still game breaking. Needs a another nerf
6 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Still game breaking. Needs a another nerf

More like it should be working as intended on the changelog
6 Oct 2015, 19:10 PM

So again, just wondering, is it supposed to insta stun and possibly also engine damage at the same time? In other words working as intended or not?

Yup, otherwise I would be surprised if an ability costing a fuckton of munis doing nothing just dropping random stones.
6 Oct 2015, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yup, otherwise I would be surprised if an ability costing a fuckton of munis doing nothing just dropping random stones.

No? It should lower RoF on tanks (they just put the wrong crit) while having some chances of damaging the engine. It should not be stunning any more.
6 Oct 2015, 19:30 PM

No? It should lower RoF on tanks (they just put the wrong crit) while having some chances of damaging the engine. It should not be stunning any more.
Any moron who blitz into that huge red beacon radius should get stunned
6 Oct 2015, 20:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Any moron who blitz into that huge red beacon radius should get stunned

Can't you read? I said my Jagdpanzer IVs get insta stunnded and engine critted, you can't blitz those let alone use those as blitz units.

The problem with that huge red beacon radius is that it insta stuns your vehicle if it is in the radius for any longer than 2 to 3 seconds, which for a Jagdpanzer IV is impossible to get out in time, since it is slow.

Please be realistic and constructive, or leave my thread.

Thank you :)
6 Oct 2015, 20:31 PM

Permanently Banned

For the most part that's it, regrettably. You do have the vet 1 nades from obers and falls, but the have the added benefit of dealing damage and blocking the unit from firing so not exactly preferrable.

Hm oke, thank you for your comment :)!
6 Oct 2015, 20:32 PM

Permanently Banned
God bless the search function on old posts (once you know who are the file diggers it's easier to look for this things)

This is Relics changelog

Artillery cover:
Added warning smoke
Added 4 second delay

Kubelecer:

Well it seems it is not working as intended then. I have lost multiple Jangdpanzer IVs due to this, they really do get stunned, can't drive, also can't shoot at the same time, then the next hit comes which either stuns again, or engine crits them, ensuring they will surely die to any flanking or rushing tank.

I wish it would work like the changelog suggested.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★