Login

russian armor

COH 2 Game Replays

6 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

Hello. I have COH and COH2 with Steam. I have read some threads in these forums regarding how to down load replays but alas I have been unsuccesful. I am running Windows 10 with Chrome. What I have done is follows:
(1) I have selected a replay from your website for download.
(2) In my Downloads folder I found and copied the file (Example 41966.aimstrong_vs_devm_game_1.rec).
(3) In my Documents\my games\Company of Heroes 2\playback folder I pasted the above file.
(4) I started Company of Heroes in Steam, went to the replays section and no games appear for replay.

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
6 Oct 2015, 13:28 PM

Nope, the last patch has made your replays unviewable :o
6 Oct 2015, 13:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think I know the reason: yesterday Relic released an hotfix for Company of Heroes 2. Every patch and hotfix released makes previous replays unwatchable. Only the replays posted on COH2.ORG after the new patch can be seen ingame!
6 Oct 2015, 13:36 PM

hotfix hotfix?!? Where Where? What hotfix?!? NOES NOT MY REPLAYS Hotfix?!?
6 Oct 2015, 13:38 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

That's probably because yesterday's hotfix killed the replays. There is a way to watch them, can't remember how it works though.
6 Oct 2015, 13:40 PM

Hmm. I appreciate your prompt response. It's a shame so much content is lost because of this situation. Thank you.
6 Oct 2015, 13:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Yeah, you had to add the command: -allowIncompatibleReplays

@AlleyCat, to do this:

Select COH2 in your library -> right click -> properties -> set starting options (or something like that, my Steam is in Italian) -> paste "-allowIncompatibleReplays"

Please note that while you will be able to watch old replays, they will not really work if any unit data has been changed on a more recent patch. For a better explaination there is a good Reddit discussion you can find here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/2ouee3/how_to_watch_old_replays/
6 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think that specifically in this case you should have no problem watching any replay of the previous patch unless the Sherman bug is involved (Sherman shooting like a minigun xD)
6 Oct 2015, 20:04 PM

Yeah, you had to add the command: -allowIncompatibleReplays

@AlleyCat, to do this:

Select COH2 in your library -> right click -> properties -> set starting options (or something like that, my Steam is in Italian) -> paste "-allowIncompatibleReplays"

Please note that while you will be able to watch old replays, they will not really work if any unit data has been changed on a more recent patch. For a better explaination there is a good Reddit discussion you can find here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/2ouee3/how_to_watch_old_replays/

Thank you so much for this information. I did as you instructed and the replays I had in the folder are now available for viewing in game. I really appreciate your assistance.
8 Oct 2015, 09:40 AM

help version 20042, old replays not work
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight