Login

russian armor

advanced warfare strafe

6 Oct 2015, 05:02 AM

i think this ability needs abit of looking at, too much warning for too little effect. granted its only 90mp per use, its pretty effective for its price, but here's the problem, it drops a smoke warning, which i feel is redundant, comes late into the game, slow on the approach and usually little to no effect on tanks and inconsistent against infantry.

my suggestion is to keep its weak attacks and price, but remove the smoke warnings and make infantry flinch, no suppression, just force them to dive abit here and there for added distruption.
6 Oct 2015, 05:33 AM

It's a sucky off map compared to others of its kind and will as often as not miss infantry in its path. Thankfully the rest of the doctrine is very solid so I put it in my 1v1 line up from time to time. I would like to see it improved and then increase cost to 120-150 range
6 Oct 2015, 05:35 AM

il-2 offmaps suck, except for the bomb run with is ok for killing okw trucks / pak43s
6 Oct 2015, 05:43 AM

il-2 offmaps suck, except for the bomb run with is ok for killing okw trucks / pak43s

yeah they do, i think the strafe is okayish usually, kills off 1-2 models per squad in its path. pretty good to turn the tide of battle.

just that the smoke gives off too much of a warning, for its performance.

like hannibal said, the rest of the doctrine is pretty solid. ppsh and conscript vet buffs synergize well. the strafe, once given a slight buff, this commander will be epic.
6 Oct 2015, 07:09 AM

It can destroy stukas or panzerwerfers, thus it needs to come with a warning so you have a chance to dodge it.
6 Oct 2015, 07:12 AM

It can destroy stukas or panzerwerfers, thus it needs to come with a warning so you have a chance to dodge it.

Pwerfer yea, but Stuka doesn't really need to be afraid, just like any inf squad doesn't need to bother unless they are on 30% hp or less.
6 Oct 2015, 07:21 AM

Permanently Banned

Pwerfer yea, but Stuka doesn't really need to be afraid, just like any inf squad doesn't need to bother unless they are on 30% hp or less.

So it still needs a warning :)
6 Oct 2015, 07:25 AM

But I already killed and lost stukas to it.
6 Oct 2015, 07:51 AM

Well, you had more/less luck then me then.
6 Oct 2015, 19:15 PM

I have been using this commander a lot lately in 1v1 and 2v2 and there is a few seconds of delay. Any more than that and all infantry would just soft retreat out of the area the ability would be worthless. It's still worse than Ostheer 's strafing and loiter call in's.
6 Oct 2015, 19:21 PM

Still kind of curious as to why they nerfed this along with the Stuka CAS. I get that they wanted to be fair with the nerfs but even the old IL-2 strafe was at best "okay".
6 Oct 2015, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 05:02 AMwongtp
i think this ability needs abit of looking at, too much warning for too little effect. granted its only 90mp per use, its pretty effective for its price, but here's the problem, it drops a smoke warning, which i feel is redundant, comes late into the game, slow on the approach and usually little to no effect on tanks and inconsistent against infantry.

my suggestion is to keep its weak attacks and price, but remove the smoke warnings and make infantry flinch, no suppression, just force them to dive abit here and there for added distruption.

Don't use it, you just waste your munitions resource.
6 Oct 2015, 20:52 PM

Yea, I would rather save munitions for AT grenades or PPSHs.
6 Oct 2015, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, you had more/less luck then me then.

I made some interesting tests with the Advance warfare strafe. It's not about luck, rather than positioning.

First of all, i'll say that hitting rear armor makes it WAY easier to kill something. But this is not as important as to where the strafe starts hitting from.

Look at this 2 pictures:

Which one would you think has better chances of killing it?

Results:

Skip if you haven't seen the pics
The deadliest zone is like 15m behind the mark of the strafe. I was able to reliably 1shot Stukas in this way.
If it was inside in the middle of the strafe, NEVER IN 30+ test i was able to kill it. From the front it was like 10% :foreveralone: to 40% dmg and from behind it dealt like 80% on average. If it was on the front edge of the strafe zone, it dealt almost no damage at all.

It has problems tracking enemies earlier than it should. Another "bug" into the list i guess.
6 Oct 2015, 23:19 PM

a good analysis

The more you know! Thanks for trying / finding this out. Stukas are not safe any longer :hansRNG:
6 Oct 2015, 23:24 PM

The more you know! Thanks for trying / finding this out. Stukas are not safe any longer :hansRNG:

And it also proves we were both right :sibHyena:
7 Oct 2015, 00:21 AM

AW is one of the best commander right now,and his best thing (if you count CP) is garbage... at least make it with out waiting time like bombing run and anti tank commander. And make it more healthy, one of the most hard kiling plane in WWII die from OKW base fire
7 Oct 2015, 04:40 AM

That's great info elchino7. So if I want to hit some infantry calling a point should i aim past them just like you did in the second picture strafe run?
7 Oct 2015, 14:19 PM

nice, good info elchino7

so there's a way to screw people by thinking that you missed ur strike entirely, but in fact it was on target?
7 Oct 2015, 14:54 PM

I remember when IL-2 was called skill plane, nowadays Stuka AT Strafe put IL-2 to shame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★