Login

russian armor

Another bug & balance list

7 Oct 2015, 05:29 AM

Vehicle crew crit repair should take longer and cost more

Commando grenade (gammon bomb medium) should not have such a massive damage increase over other grenade abilities

Command Vehicle recon plane should cost munitions to call in.

These are my favorite.
7 Oct 2015, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMCruzz

Churchill crew grenades should not have a full 120 damage in their entire radius

That explains why I keep getting squad wiped when I try to move away from the grenade instead of retreating.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMCruzz

Ostheer mortar smoke weapon lacks rotation values.

What does this mean?
7 Oct 2015, 08:14 AM
Patrion 15

I hope so relic read this thread and fix all of these things!!

Amazing job
7 Oct 2015, 11:56 AM

I've had at least 2 cases in a few weeks where a machine gun garrisoned in a house will not respond to de-garrison commands (regardless of using hotkeys or clicking the button). The "de-garrison" icon appears but the unit won't follow the command to leave.

This happened once with a maxim on the northernmost house in Kharkov, and in other circumstances I can't remember.

I don't see this bug listed here and haven't heard anyone else report it, has anyone else had problems removing MG crews from houses?

had this happen to me once, couldn't reproduce. guess it's not very common.
7 Oct 2015, 14:36 PM
Patrion 26

an amazing list. great work cruzzi.

Cruzzi a question for you. Whats with the USF Captain, why does he jump arround, sprint, suicide before shooting the bazooka?
7 Oct 2015, 15:13 PM

Even if just all the fixes from this could be implemented the game would be 1000% better. Please Relic.

The worst part is that given that some of these are just blatantly wrong values, Cruzz, looking at them, could probably fix them at the same time if he had the means to implement. This list is too much.
7 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

Also birtish 2hq (with tanks) sometimes oesnt get build , i dont know why , but it will cost you rescourced nd you cannot build it again
7 Oct 2015, 16:57 PM

What does this mean?

The weapon used for firing smoke has no values for how fast and how much the weapon is allowed to rotate. For all I know that might be causing the mortar team to occasionally get stuck while trying to fire smoke, it's not easy to test because getting them stuck is so hard in the first place. Even if it isn't, it's a consistency issue that should be fixed.

Updates:

Soviet m5 (regular and lendlease) have no maingun destroyed crit

British m3 has no maingun destroyed crit

OKW vehicles are the only ones that still have a top gunner killed crit. Either add the gunner crit to everyone else or remove from OKW as well.

Luchs is missing a brew up death crit

Kubelwagen still has destroy engine and destroy maingun as alternatives to dying rather than at 1-25% health like other vehicles.

Balance:

British Artillery Cover should duration should be shorter (70 --> 50 seconds?) and radius lowered (60 --> 50).

Centaur and Cromwell are target_size 18, they should be 22 to be in line with other comparable vehicles.
7 Oct 2015, 17:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Awesome work! Hopefully someone from Relic is paying attention to it.

How much time did it take to dig out all those issues? :foreveralone:
7 Oct 2015, 18:37 PM

also soviet halftrack from lendlease does not lose reinforcement ability with upgrade
7 Oct 2015, 18:41 PM

25 pounder arty. Tabel for OKW buildings. Nocks a truck out within 3 shots. Should not be possible
8 Oct 2015, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 16:57 PMCruzz

The weapon used for firing smoke has no values for how fast and how much the weapon is allowed to rotate. For all I know that might be causing the mortar team to occasionally get stuck while trying to fire smoke, it's not easy to test because getting them stuck is so hard in the first place. Even if it isn't, it's a consistency issue that should be fixed.

The Ostheer mortar smoke bug is really easy to replicate. There may be other causes but targeting smoke too close to the edge of the maximum range will trigger it 100% of the time.
Only Relic postRelic 9 Oct 2015, 00:35 AM
Developer Relic Badge

This list was passed to the Balance team. Some of the items are on the bugs are on for the Oct Patch. (unless they cause a knock on) Thanks
9 Oct 2015, 02:34 AM

This list was passed to the Balance team. Some of the items are on the bugs are on for the Oct Patch. (unless they cause a knock on) Thanks

Yes! Relic listens to based Cruzz! Round of drinks on me, boys
9 Oct 2015, 03:04 AM

Its odd how bugs go unnoticed after being tested by the testers. I can only guess that they wanted to add/change some ability after testing and added some bugs in the process.
9 Oct 2015, 03:22 AM

Can't believe see thread only today
And with tiding of Relic view
Oh happy!
9 Oct 2015, 12:10 PM

Really interesting read, thank you Cruzz. I know CoH's code is somewhat complex, but if a single fan can find so many bugs in his free time, I wonder what that says about a studio's QA department...

Let's hope they get most of this fixed soon
9 Oct 2015, 19:25 PM

Shameless bump: please sticky this
18 Oct 2015, 03:35 AM

Thanks Cruzz! We should start a kick starter for you with how much work you do? Do
You just go through code looking for this stuff and how much of this is brought to your attention by other gamers. I understand there is a lot of code involved but some
Of these bugs shouldn't be happening. Thank you relic for acknowledging now please follow through promptly.
18 Oct 2015, 03:39 AM

another bug is that the pak howie of USF decrew on 2 members left, not 1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★