Login

russian armor

Immortal entity bug

4 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM
Patrion 14

It's been a while since I last had this bug. What basically happens is that an entity dies mid animation and then never quite dies really. It just is there in an endless animation loop providing line of sight for the enemy and every friendly unit will always open fire on it all the time. So fighting around that spot becomes a micro nightmare since you constantly have to focus fire other squads that you can actually kill.

Unfortunately the replay contains some heavy language from the gentleman on the other team for whom I'd like to apologise in advance.

Replay

The scene in question is at around 1:02:00. Keep an eye on the eastern VP and you'll see a commando squad die but one model remaining and being stuck in a, what I can only asume is a showering, animation, which would be quite hilarious if it wasn't for the rather gamebreaking gameplay implication of that immortal entity.

I hope this helps to finally get this fixed. It's been around for quite some time now and this is about the 4th time I had it happen. Only this time it didn't completely lose us the game like in other games when it happened in the middle of the map or another area that is just unavoidable.
Vaz
4 Oct 2015, 18:04 PM

I think I've seen something like this before, but it didn't last the entire match.
4 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 18:04 PMVaz
I think I've seen something like this before, but it didn't last the entire match.

So far it was always until the end of the match.
4 Oct 2015, 20:12 PM

showering animation

4 Oct 2015, 21:16 PM

Immortals are way out of meta bro. It's all about that colossi vs bio blobs
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 5 Oct 2015, 19:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This bug is in our database. It's very rare. Only happens to Soliders killed with the "Burn Death - Out of Control". If the Soldier's path is blocked by a Vehicle, he enters what can only be described as a "Dancing Zombie" State.

Thanks
5 Oct 2015, 19:11 PM

if you had a choice to be immortal but you would have to consantly dance for all eternity. Would you still choose it?
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 5 Oct 2015, 20:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:11 PMMackie
if you had a choice to be immortal but you would have to consantly dance for all eternity. Would you still choose it?

I don't know if I could pull off the same kind of moves.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★