Login

russian armor

Infantry section reinforcement cost.

5 Oct 2015, 14:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Infantry sections start out with .8 received accuracy and get another -33% at vet 2. Making them the one of the most durable squads in game, especially with the 5 man upgrade. Compared to grens with .91 with -23% at vet 3, and vet 5 volks with only .81. Allied infantry with super durability is already far higher than most axis infantry.

32 would be my bare minimum. They are godlike in cover. Have had scenarios where two volksgrenadier squads in green cover lost to one tommie section in green cover. Tommie section was vet 2, both volksgrenadiers were vet 3.
5 Oct 2015, 14:48 PM

Infantry sections start out with .8 received accuracy and get another -33% at vet 2. Making them the one of the most durable squads in game, especially with the 5 man upgrade. Compared to grens with .91 with -23% at vet 3, and vet 5 volks with only .81. Allied infantry with super durability is already far higher than most axis infantry.

32 would be my bare minimum. They are godlike in cover. Have had scenarios where two volksgrenadier squads in green cover lost to one tommie section in green cover. Tommie section was vet 2, both volksgrenadiers were vet 3.

Throw a nade and make him move. He loses the buff, your prolly burning up the ground cover, and yea, its not like hes gonna throw a nade.. Hes rushing something so that hes not stuck with no mp the entire game due to bleeding.
5 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM

Twas a joke friend, you obviously take me way too seriously.

All in all what makes the ISG/Pack Howie BS is it's suppression. The suppression basically destroys the Mortar and MG synergy that existed since CoH 1 and was balanced and replaced it with bullshit incarnate.

+1

i think for better gameplay pack howitzer should be nerfed, the leig should stay as it is to keep axis in the game. or nerf leig slightly and buff other okw units to compensate.
5 Oct 2015, 15:35 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 14:48 PMJewdo

Throw a nade and make him move. He loses the buff, your prolly burning up the ground cover, and yea, its not like hes gonna throw a nade.. Hes rushing something so that hes not stuck with no mp the entire game due to bleeding.

Didn't have the munitions to throw a nade at that moment, but valid point nonetheless.

Still the tommies are quite durable, especially in buildings.
5 Oct 2015, 15:40 PM

Those tommies are beasts in cover. Therefor with a mp decrease their power dhould go a bit down.
5 Oct 2015, 20:54 PM

without seeing the replay it's hard to tell what happened. Did the tommies had their 5th man? did they have brens? did your volks had schreck? The green cover could also be out of alignment.

Those tommies are beasts in cover. Therefor with a mp decrease their power dhould go a bit down.

unless the tommies have two brens or the squad size upgrade, their DPS is overall worst than the lmg42 grenadier.

Most people who notice that it's not worth it. Replace them with anvil heavy engineers in order to reduce manpower damage. Plus, you can give them 3 LMG's so they can practically be their own infantry sections equals(or betters) if you want them to be.

this basically come down to the fact the british can lmg spam on any of their troops as long as they got the munition to spare. You can replicate the same effect on the much cheaper sapper.

The bren is even inferior to the lmg42 despite them costing the same. It's all a matter of stacking the lmg.

The tommies need a cost reduction, with along with nerf to the bren gun, not lee enfield.
6 Oct 2015, 05:18 AM

I think all infantry should be penalized for firing on the move and in the open also. It's much harder to aim a gun standing up with no support than it is to be crouching and resting gun on a fence, rock, lay on the ground etc. now more elite infantry could have smaller penalties to reflect their training. This would promote tactical gameplay and reduce blob effectiveness as the best use of your infantry would be to find enemy then get to your optimal range depending on unit type and get into cover. If you ignore cover and just attack move and stand in open not only will you take more damage from the enemy bit you will also have a small accuracy penalty. This also wouldn't be hard to implement in the game code.
6 Oct 2015, 07:05 AM

Permanently Banned

without seeing the replay it's hard to tell what happened. Did the tommies had their 5th man? did they have brens? did your volks had schreck? The green cover could also be out of alignment.

No shrecks, no brens, no 5th man, they themselves weren't even aligned with the cover properly, my volks were.

Again, people act like the Tommie sections are somehow a problem child that can't work without cover, yet neglecting the fact that they are way to good in cover. One tommie squad can easily take on two volksgrenadier squads and beat them both in cover.

There is absolutely no need to greatly decrease their reinforcement cost. If anything, they could get a small decrease in reinforcement cost and the Commandos should see an increase reinforcement cost.

But again, that is just my opinion :)
6 Oct 2015, 07:14 AM

260 MP cost, 32 MP reinforce.

Done.
6 Oct 2015, 08:26 AM

260 MP cost, 32 MP reinforce.

Done.

Received Accuracy Bonus reduced too, I imagine?
6 Oct 2015, 08:33 AM

Thought exactly the same thing
6 Oct 2015, 09:01 AM

naah, more like redcued requierment for vet because its linked to the manpower price :thumbsup:
6 Oct 2015, 09:33 AM

naah, more like redcued requierment for vet because its linked to the manpower price :thumbsup:

I see, you hate balance.
7 Oct 2015, 06:53 AM

It's 0.8 right now isn't it?
7 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

It's 0.8 right now isn't it?

Yes, with 33% less at Vet 2 for 0.54, at Vet 0 they're the same as Panzergrenadiers but at Vet 2 they become more durable, and obviously the 5th man also makes them more durable. Compared to Vet 3 5 man Infantry Sections, only Vet 4 Obersoldaten edge them out as most durable Infantry.

If they get a price drop, they'll either need a durability nerf either to stock squad or their Vet 2 bonus.
7 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

Infantry sections are fine. They are the most efficient starting troops when in cover, the tradeoff being that they suck at attacking fortified positions completely. Their performance shouldn't be toned down simply because Brits lack elite infantry and shitty tommies will cause players to pick vanguard/commando every time and we don't want that.
7 Oct 2015, 07:46 AM

Yes, with 33% less at Vet 2 for 0.54, at Vet 0 they're the same as Panzergrenadiers but at Vet 2 they become more durable, and obviously the 5th man also makes them more durable. Compared to Vet 3 5 man Infantry Sections, only Vet 4 Obersoldaten edge them out as most durable Infantry.

If they get a price drop, they'll either need a durability nerf either to stock squad or their Vet 2 bonus.

Hmm possibly. Although it could be justified to remain the same because of their ineffectiveness when out of cover however. If their received accuracy modifiers were to be reduced I think it would be fair to increase their effectiveness out of cover to compensate somewhat.
JLI
7 Oct 2015, 07:57 AM

With ISG's one shotting the squads, I think they should be cheaper.

or maybe nerf isg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS