Login

russian armor

Infantry section reinforcement cost.

4 Oct 2015, 11:26 AM

The Tommies' reinforcement cost of 35 mp is still too high.

They might have very good long range dps, but their close range dps is rather low. Furthermore the tommies are awful on the move.

their reinforcement cost should about around 32-30 mp.
4 Oct 2015, 11:56 AM

Not so sure about that.

I mean yes it is high at the beginning but then again in the late game with 5th man, veterancy and double Bren (or whatever is the lmg called) Infantry Section is a very powerful unit.
4 Oct 2015, 12:07 PM
Donator 33

I think their reinforcement cost is fine for how strong they are (especially now that the UKF sniper is able to snipe the German one).

I'd agree to a lower reinforcement cost if tommies got a price reduction to 240MP and their RA values toned down.
4 Oct 2015, 12:16 PM
Patrion 14

Their reinforcement costs fits their vet 3 buffs. But vet 0 infantry sections at 35 mp are something to be laughed at in the late game.

Most people who notice that it's not worth it. Replace them with anvil heavy engineers in order to reduce manpower damage. Plus, you can give them 3 LMG's so they can practically be their own infantry sections equals(or betters) if you want them to be.

They are mostly a stop gap unit in the beginning followed by being the only healing unit available for the UKF(medics nonpending). That, and artillery flares. Basically, their utility is what makes them great. Not their fighting power.
4 Oct 2015, 12:19 PM

They would need a slight dps nerf if their cost went down, but i feel it should, and the cost should go down. Theyre still beasts when they get 2 LMG's.
4 Oct 2015, 13:08 PM

Faction design. And to prevent WFA style bobbling and promote tactical game play. It won't change anytime soon.
4 Oct 2015, 15:00 PM

They are like Tactical Marine squads.
4 Oct 2015, 15:09 PM

With ISG's one shotting the squads, I think they should be cheaper.
4 Oct 2015, 15:14 PM

Their reinforcement costs fits their vet 3 buffs. But vet 0 infantry sections at 35 mp are something to be laughed at in the late game.

Most people who notice that it's not worth it. Replace them with anvil heavy engineers in order to reduce manpower damage. Plus, you can give them 3 LMG's so they can practically be their own infantry sections equals(or betters) if you want them to be.

They are mostly a stop gap unit in the beginning followed by being the only healing unit available for the UKF(medics nonpending). That, and artillery flares. Basically, their utility is what makes them great. Not their fighting power.

I'm not gonna vehemently disagree with the guy who's ranked number 1 in random 2s with the Brits, but I personally find Infantry Sections to be pretty great. In cover, once they pick up some vet and get ahold of some weapons, I think they're the best core combat unit in the game.

I'd agree though that replacing a lost vet 3 IS with a vet 0 IS doesn't make much sense with Heavy Engies are available. In that sense, I guess they're still better than late game vet 0 Riflemen who share the high reinforcement cost but are less durable and otherwise have no useful useful utility.
4 Oct 2015, 15:55 PM

Too be honest their reinforce s fine, their purchase cost is to however 260 would be more fitting.
4 Oct 2015, 16:52 PM

That's problem with ISG not Infantry Section. Don't change what ain't broken.
4 Oct 2015, 17:59 PM

It's fine as it is.

They have the best anti bleed tool in the game: self-healing. In between fights you can be sure your squad is topped off even if they're capping instead of running off to heal in base.

It'a also a one time expense. Unlike Wehrmacht or Sturmpio medkits.

If you're bleeding heavily, you are doing it wrong.

4 Oct 2015, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

While the ISG is stupid. An ISG is physically incapable of one shotting a squad except under extreme RNG circumstances.
4 Oct 2015, 18:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While the ISG is stupid. An ISG is physically incapable of one shotting a squad except under extreme RNG circumstances.

No, it was extreme RNG circumstances on release. Since October 2014, it's more "Not especially likely, but hardly unlikely."
4 Oct 2015, 19:14 PM

If you got a bunched up squad it can, but out in the open you're lucky to hit one guy.
4 Oct 2015, 19:19 PM

How to into rng

1.Stack ISG accuracy. +9% find.
2.Locate Infantry Section in cover preferably heavy so they bunch up mor
3. Instantly wip squads because Relic cannot into balance.
4??????????????
5. Profit
4 Oct 2015, 19:45 PM

They're fine, if you lower the reinforce, you have to nerf their scaling. They do have the best scaling of any infantry in the game. If you have cover, Vet 3, 5 men and double Bren, you can beat Vet 3 Obersoldaten with MG 34 in cover. Now consider that power, and consider that Obersoldaten are hardly core infantry, you'll mostly be mowing down helpless Volksgrenadiers and MG 42 Grenadiers left and right.
4 Oct 2015, 20:31 PM

each bren gun cost 60 munition, and double bren gun cost 120 munition.

This is another example of why british have trouble in early game/1v1. They are awfully without the extravagant resources available in a 4v4.

the firefly suffer from the exact problem. Under-performing unless you're in a 4v4 and have the munition to waste.

If you got a bunched up squad it can, but out in the open you're lucky to hit one guy.

the british are outright penalized for standing in the open.
5 Oct 2015, 11:43 AM

How to into rng

1.Stack ISG accuracy. +9% find.
2.Locate Infantry Section in cover preferably heavy so they bunch up mor
3. Instantly wip squads because Relic cannot into balance.
4??????????????
5. Profit

Doesn't ever happen. the only way for an isg to one shot a squad is if they all are stacked to one another, but in such a case even shrek can 1 shot a squad.
5 Oct 2015, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 11:43 AMZyllen

Doesn't ever happen. the only way for an isg to one shot a squad is if they all are stacked to one another, but in such a case even shrek can 1 shot a squad.

Twas a joke friend, you obviously take me way too seriously.

All in all what makes the ISG/Pack Howie BS is it's suppression. The suppression basically destroys the Mortar and MG synergy that existed since CoH 1 and was balanced and replaced it with bullshit incarnate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★