Login

russian armor

AEC Armored Car

4 Oct 2015, 19:49 PM

Just remove it and replace with some light universal vehicle like T70 or Stuart.

Yeah man the British were famous for their use of the T-70...

Will people quit whining about "remove ___" already? Why do you prefer a faction with less units, instead of buffing the unit?
4 Oct 2015, 20:15 PM

Yeah man the British were famous for their use of the T-70...

Will people quit whining about "remove ___" already? Why do you prefer a faction with less units, instead of buffing the unit?

LOL

Show me when I said that Brits should get T70? Waiting...

Like T70 or Stuart does not mean T70 or Stuart but something similar.
4 Oct 2015, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 12:27 PMCorsin

What are you talking about? The AEC is 50 fuel... the Puma is 70 fuel on a fuel starved faction... Its fine.

Its 20 fuel cheaper...

there's more to balancing beside just making the unit's performance fit their cost. There are times when a unit needs to be scaled up or scaled down.

In this case the AEC is stuck in a position where its bad scaling doesn't justify buying it. It is awful against infantry and struggle against anything heavier than a halftrack. The british need a decent light tank destroyer to offset the weakness of the PIAT and the lack of tank snare.

If cost is such a concern, buff the AEC and make it more expensive.
4 Oct 2015, 20:40 PM

LOL

Show me when I said that Brits should get T70? Waiting...

Like T70 or Stuart does not mean T70 or Stuart but something similar.

I assure you if Relic removed the AEC they wouldn't model a different armoured car just to give it different stats, that the AEC could have had in the first place anyway.
4 Oct 2015, 21:03 PM

cost reduce will do the trick probably.
4 Oct 2015, 21:35 PM

I made a thread about this a few weeks back, all anyone wants to talk about is the centaur it seems. It doesn't matter if all their light vehicles are PoS.

Decrease the cost and make the snare ability vet 0 like the Stuart.
5 Oct 2015, 00:28 AM

Humber gun does exist in the game files, although the stats for it sucks.

In complete constrast to the 17 pounder archer gun in there...
5 Oct 2015, 09:16 AM

everytime i played against a fast AEC it did literally nothng except feed me vet. but be careful because ( alteast it "feels like") it can come out EXTREMLY quick.
5 Oct 2015, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 12:27 PMCorsin

Its 20 fuel cheaper...

Don't forget the Unlock cost both in MP/fuel and opportunity: AEC means no Bofore and it's not like you ever need more than 1 one of them so you might need to include it too.
5 Oct 2015, 11:55 AM

Wait are people actually stupid enough to say :make this unit an early game stuart while the okw and ost at the moment are doing very badly because the allies create powerful AI LV's under 7 minutes. This is an epic fail of colossal proportions. sure buff the AT capabilities (which it doesnt need ).

5 Oct 2015, 12:00 PM

there's more to balancing beside just making the unit's performance fit their cost. There are times when a unit needs to be scaled up or scaled down.

In this case the AEC is stuck in a position where its bad scaling doesn't justify buying it. It is awful against infantry and struggle against anything heavier than a halftrack. The british need a decent light tank destroyer to offset the weakness of the PIAT and the lack of tank snare.

If cost is such a concern, buff the AEC and make it more expensive.

last time i checked the brits really dont have issue with armour. the unit is their to block a lv rush early on and flank medium tanks later.
5 Oct 2015, 12:57 PM

if you calculate the tech cost into it your first AEC is more expensive than a Puma
5 Oct 2015, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 12:00 PMZyllen

last time i checked the brits really dont have issue with armour. the unit is their to block a lv rush early on and flank medium tanks later.

they do have an issue with early armor. They don't have at snare, the PIAT can't hit moving target, and the AEC die horribly to ostwind and panzer4.

Until the british get a centaur or cromwell out they are vulnerable to tanks.
5 Oct 2015, 21:20 PM

I've actually found the AEC to be very good against medium armor. Because of its sight range, it can be microed in and out of engagements or used as bait.

It can be used as light AT to extend a T1 - T2 opening for a more infantry-heavy approach.

Don't use it to harass infantry, use it to harass tanks. It's actually very good at what it does. Except for its broken vet ability.
6 Oct 2015, 00:56 AM

they do have an issue with early armor. They don't have at snare, the PIAT can't hit moving target, and the AEC die horribly to ostwind and panzer4.

Until the british get a centaur or cromwell out they are vulnerable to tanks.

No they really dont. AEC dying to p4's is really a l2p issue. you still have the AT guns and brit tech is cheaper.
6 Oct 2015, 02:10 AM

I think it's in an alright place right now. It feels a lot like the Puma, light, fast and can pack a punch against medium tanks.

I don't think it needs a boost against infantry, it doesn't do much damage right now, just like the puma, but is that necessarily a bad thing? It's meant to counter 251s, Luchs, etc. not infantry.

I think the real reason it's so under-utilized right now is because people would rather just save the fuel and get out an early Centaur considering how powerful it's performing right now.
6 Oct 2015, 02:26 AM

AEC is not meant to kill PIV, especially by itself, meaning you are actually supposed to set mines and buy an at gun and tech as fast into a cromwell or whatever to keep up in the tank race.

I have tried AEC many many times, but i find it a detriment to Brit teching. Its just diversity, nothing more.
6 Oct 2015, 03:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 00:56 AMZyllen

No they really dont. AEC dying to p4's is really a l2p issue. you still have the AT guns and brit tech is cheaper.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g5csCZt9UrVnNy-k9w8DRh1F6Rzeu7hMCLXZoxSdNRk/edit#gid=0

the british can get their tank faster than the wehr if the british skip their infantry upgrade and the AEC/bofor.

AEC is not meant to kill PIV, especially by itself, meaning you are actually supposed to set mines and buy an at gun and tech as fast into a cromwell or whatever to keep up in the tank race.

I have tried AEC many many times, but i find it a detriment to Brit teching. Its just diversity, nothing more.

mines are a high risk high weapon in the early game. It's not really a reliable strategy.
6 Oct 2015, 03:46 AM

It's fine. It's good enough against vehicles and will scare off any infantry not capable of fighting back.

I usually prefer the bofors just because I'm an emplacement hipster but the AEC has its uses.
6 Oct 2015, 06:55 AM
Patrion 28

skip both, tech faster. none of them are very useful in late team games, especially compared to more tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★