Login

russian armor

Team games gameplay in worst state since launch

PAGES (7)down
Vaz
4 Oct 2015, 17:17 PM

I can't win unless I get a pack howitzer, these days. It's stupidly effective.
4 Oct 2015, 17:22 PM

For isgs and pack howies, suppression from auto-attacks need to be removed and added to barrage, and barrage cool down increased.

There also urgent nerfs needed to churchills cost efficiency (either hp nerf or cost and popcap increase, limit of 1 can do as well). Croc and kv8 damage. Squad wipe capabilities of mines need to be brought back to how they was before British release.

Axis infantry after cons and rifles vet3 buffs need adjustments, OKW need buffs in particular to make their tech and elite infantry more attractive. Most of their vet is too bad, and some allied units have better vet in three levels than OKW in five.

UKF needs buffs to AEC and emplacements, currently they are near useless. Tommies need to be cheaper to reinforce or better out of cover, their bren upgrade should be better significantly and that bug disguised as feature where they drop brens all the time thanks to 4 weapon slots from scoped lee-enfields on vet3 need to be fixed.
4 Oct 2015, 17:23 PM
Patrion 27

Remove Pin (not suppression) from isg and pack howi and lower the accuracy.
4 Oct 2015, 17:28 PM

For isgs and pack howies, suppression from auto-attacks need to be removed and added to barrage, and barrage cool down increased.

There also urgent nerfs needed to churchills cost efficiency (either hp nerf or cost and popcap increase, limit of 1 can do as well). Croc and kv8 damage. Squad wipe capabilities of mines need to be brought back to how they was before British release.

Axis infantry after cons and rifles vet3 buffs need adjustments, OKW need buffs in particular to make their tech and elite infantry more attractive. Most of their vet is too bad, and some allied units have better vet in three levels than OKW in five.

Preach.

Thats my laundry list of shit stains to scrub from this current incarnation of the game.
4 Oct 2015, 17:28 PM

You guys do realize that these weapons can be dodged, right?

The pinning is bullshit though. supression is a bit too good and it stacks so easily that it will pin very fast.

4 Oct 2015, 17:48 PM

Just an FYI, the Croc Churchill is already capped at 1, showing some foresight from relic. +1 to everything else though.
Vaz
4 Oct 2015, 18:02 PM

You guys do realize that these weapons can be dodged, right?

Nope we are all stupid, please explain how the dodging works.
4 Oct 2015, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 18:02 PMVaz

Nope we are all stupid, please explain how the dodging works.

I would also like to hear how you dodge 3x LIEG's which can hit all your squads with pinpoint accuracy and are basically invulnerable next to a Schwer HQ until late game.
4 Oct 2015, 18:42 PM

True words.

I mean, jsut look at my replay.

OKW guy went for 7 ISGs, 1 Volks, Panzer IV and Sturmtiger.

MG in the budiling? All 7 ISG shooting at once and wipe.

Blob control by MG? wiped in few secs by ISG.

Get behind cover with Guards and standing still to use PTRS? Insta suppresson from 100 range.

Attak ISG blob? Shame it is cover by Schwerer and supported by med truck.

You can do nothing agasint it and just pray that MP bleed won't be that huge, and turtule into Katy and ML-20 but most of the time, you can't afford any because of insane bleed from ISG.
Even worst when playing without Soviets because it means no artilerry.

Combined arms? LOL, why would you do that and put yourself on intensive micro, where you can make many mistekases if you can simply spam ISG, let them suppress and second player's blob will rape all suppressed infantry. That is gameplay? Combined arms should be superior to all kind of stupid blobs/spams but it's not.

Check how fast church on the ammo point collapsed :foreveralone:

4 Oct 2015, 18:55 PM

That's an extreme example, but yeah, it's way too easy for one player on a 2v2 to spam Pack Howies or ISGs and the other can just mop up.
4 Oct 2015, 18:58 PM

But you have different styles of cheese. I'll rather have people cheesing me with combat units rather than pure indirect fire.

Well that's true, the main problem with ISG/pack howie right now is that you put them in range of your opponents, let it autofire and it wins the game for you.
4 Oct 2015, 20:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm actually enjoying playing allies in large games now, as you don't necessarily feel that you are going to get overwhelmed by the Axis if the game goes on too long.

It has forced me to change my game plan, but I'm not prepared to say things are necessarily worse.

However what things are like down in 1v1 and 2v2 I can't say

4 Oct 2015, 21:07 PM

People asking for removed suppression apparently didn't play before the patch where the leig and pack had supression and the same cost and noone complained about them then, but let's nerf a unit harder than its previous version that wasn't OP because I am ze best balanceman
4 Oct 2015, 21:50 PM

Kubelecer, there was a significant ninja buff to their accuracy. That's the difference now.
4 Oct 2015, 21:54 PM
Donator 11

I just had a 2v2 on Rzhev winter against 2X OKW, basically 8 ISG and 12 volks into panther / p4, i kinda don't want to play for a while now
5 Oct 2015, 01:43 AM
Donator 33

If it was a ninja change it was probably accidental, so will be reverted. These threads do help though - there are so many unintended changes they probably aren't aware of most of them.
:guyokay:
5 Oct 2015, 02:15 AM

UKF needs buffs to AEC and emplacements, currently they are near useless. Tommies need to be cheaper to reinforce or better out of cover, their bren upgrade should be better significantly and that bug disguised as feature where they drop brens all the time thanks to 4 weapon slots from scoped lee-enfields on vet3 need to be fixed.

Basically 100% accurate. Hopefully someone from Relic is reading
5 Oct 2015, 04:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

People asking for removed suppression apparently didn't play before the patch where the leig and pack had supression and the same cost and noone complained about them then, but let's nerf a unit harder than its previous version that wasn't OP because I am ze best balanceman

The problem is the change on the suppression profile and that it seems that they ninja change the scatter values to half of it.
5 Oct 2015, 04:16 AM

Is there even gameplay remain for team games?

Infantry and support weapons play, aggressive play in general is killed by isgs/pack howies. Those stupid things suppress/squad wipe with perfect accuracy half way across map. Attacking is impossible in case of OKW thanks to flakHQ, which also impossible to kill with AT guns thanks to ability of isgs to kill those guns in 2 shots.

Harassment is killed by op lol squad wipe mines (yeah, shocking truth, sometimes sweepers needed in main army) and by quad and centaur, later followed by croc and kv8, which wipe squads on retreat like no tomorrow.

Speaking of those stupidly over buffed flame tanks, once enemy got them, axis infantry and support weapons cease to exist. It impossible to keep them alive against those beasts.

Any variations in commander choices is killed by op stuff and urgent need to counter it. I can list all viable and situationally viable commanders for each faction, but you all know which one commander use ami and which one commander use soviets to win serious games. OKW have literally one(!!!) viable build in even games.

So what remain of CoH gameplay? Every game is campfest, because it impossible to do any damage to isgs/pack howies, until map is very big like Vaux. Attacking and harassing is too risky, better to play greedy and just camp one side of the map and turtle from there while dumping all spare mp into caches and indirect fire, which requires so much skill to use. Then all comes down to gathering overwhelming tank force combined of churchills, kv8s, croc, e8s, is2 backed by tds for allies and surviving until elefant/jagdtiger arrival for axis.

So. Much. Fun.

Now you can say some of those things was there forever, but even if they were before, they never were so prevalent and never stacked together.

Relic, pls, do something about it. Game in disastrous state. Its not even a game anymore. Its a campfest and artyparty and same boring stuff every time again without exceptions.

Ohhhh didums. You poor poor boy. Always thinking about the health of team games...

http://www.coh2.org/replay/41494/2-rank-team-vickers-abuse/page/1#post_id404904
5 Oct 2015, 04:21 AM

I literally hope my enemy is Ostheer/Soviet to avoid a retarded howitzer battle... Like... How and why is this a thing? How is an auto fire instapinning a squad from 100 or so range away on its first shot a thing?... It nullifies all infantry and promotes ignoring every single unit you can make and instead make more of them...
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS