Login

russian armor

British Vanguard Commander?

3 Oct 2015, 19:24 PM

So last night I had an interesting match with 3 Ost + 1 OKW, and 3 British + 1 USF on general mud. We went back and forth throughout the early game until we thought we had them, out came the heavy tanks on both sides and we were wittling down the VP's. I think we had them down to around 100ish.

Then the shitstorm hit. All of a sudden a huge push shows up at the central VP, no problem we think as we commit our armor, all of a sudden I see the minimap go red with the British call in markers.

Instantly every tank we have has an engine disabled and is being hit with 100% accurate artillery. Then a swarm of planes drump rockets on our armor, and suppress all of our infantry. Its over in less than one minute with the axis side losing 3 panthers, a jagdtiger, and several medium tanks. The planes fucking obliterated everything, the loiter seems actually endless.Our tanks couldn't move as for some magical reason every single one had permanent engine damage? Basically fish in a barrel.

As we tried to regroup they would push again, and the second we mounted any kind of resistance: down would come the 100% accurate arty and the planes would massacre everything else. Eventually a couple crocks showed up, bbqd all our packs and then it was gg.

At the end it was shown that 2 of the Brits took the vanguard commander and one guy had the tactical support regiment.

What I would like to know is: what in the hell actually happened? I know the Brit call ins are pretty strong, I've lost entire armies to the bomber command one, but the hawker typoon call in seems to absolutely fuck everything and the loiter seems never ending.

Also is the arty ability the one that gets automatic free vehicle crits on every single tank in sight? That is absolute nonsense, I mean its a permanent fucking vehicle crit that takes an engineer squad a long time to repair on EVERY tank in the sector simultaneously while suppressing your infantry.

3 Oct 2015, 19:30 PM
Donator 11

It was the tactical support regiment call in arty

10CP - Artillery Cover

"Artillery will automatically attack units in the area. Vehicles will be hit with disabling howitzer fire, while infantry will be suppressed with light artillery fire. Damaged vehicles will be covered by a volley of smoke shells."

3 Oct 2015, 20:12 PM

Brit call ins are a little insane. At least with air supremacy you can dodge it because there is a 30 second delay. And it costs 325 munitions so it can't be spammed
3 Oct 2015, 20:35 PM

Instant engine damage on every tank? Yeah definitely some stupid broken op ability not the fact that you just drove into mines, especially considering brits have no at nades.

Tactical support arty sometimes doesn't even work but when it does it only disables the main gun.
3 Oct 2015, 21:53 PM

Instant engine damage on every tank? Yeah definitely some stupid broken op ability not the fact that you just drove into mines, especially considering brits have no at nades.

Tactical support arty sometimes doesn't even work but when it does it only disables the main gun.

Are you sure about that?

Because every tank in the sector was showing permanent engine damage, and the health bars were basically full. Plus you could see the animation of the artillery contsantly falling on the tank.
3 Oct 2015, 22:44 PM

Are you sure about that?

Because every tank in the sector was showing permanent engine damage, and the health bars were basically full. Plus you could see the animation of the artillery contsantly falling on the tank.

Since you really are stubborn, I decided to check the files and well...

http://i.imgur.com/QdmBdox.png

it seems like you are completely right. The patchnotes said that they replaced the stun effect with injured loader, which in reality is main weapon disable, but I didn't realize it could damage engines before. Sorry for the previous post.

The shells have 60 damage and 1000 pen, 66% weapon disable and 33% regular engine damage. They drop warning flares and start droppping after 4 seconds. I am not sure but from watching hans once I think the brit needs vision on enemy tanks to make them drop.
3 Oct 2015, 23:09 PM

Since you really are stubborn, I decided to check the files and well...

http://i.imgur.com/QdmBdox.png

it seems like you are completely right. The patchnotes said that they replaced the stun effect with injured loader, which in reality is main weapon disable, but I didn't realize it could damage engines before. Sorry for the previous post.

The shells have 60 damage and 1000 pen, 66% weapon disable and 33% regular engine damage. They drop warning flares and start droppping after 4 seconds. I am not sure but from watching hans once I think the brit needs vision on enemy tanks to make them drop.

Thanks for looking that up, and no worries about the previous post. My OP was a bit of a rant anyways.

I actually went and purchased the vanguard commander to try out the Typhoon call in and it is insanely good, coupled with the disable effect I know why we lost.

In fact I played a match today on hamburg port against probably 6-8 LIEG's with 3 Brits w/t vanguard commanders and we actually managed to win by holding out to the late game and then pushing them back with the typhoon call in. It was the most frustrating game ever but in the end the frustrations turned to the Germans when every single tank blob got chain straifed by the typhoons. They lost 2 Jagdtigers and probably a good 8 other tanks to those planes alone.

The whole tank disabled thing worries me though because that was a snare the size of an entire screen and resulted in us losing the game in the course of 2 minutes. Obviously its 4 v 4 problems, but once they fix the LIEG I think the Brit call ins may need to be adjusted. The faction as a whole has too many problems to currently justify nerfing one of the few things that can help them win late game against heavy German armor. However, I can see it being a big issue once the early and mid game get tweaked.
3 Oct 2015, 23:46 PM

Haha, it's the best arty in the game. It comes in an otherwise shit commander though, so its really only useful in team games where you can have someone else pick up the early game slack.

The best tertiary effect of it is that it completely diverts everyone's attention to the area of effect and people won't notice you casting other flares if you're subtle about it. This can be combined to devastating effect, as shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UB4ehqacz8

4 Oct 2015, 00:01 AM

Haha, it's the best arty in the game. It comes in an otherwise shit commander though, so its really only useful in team games where you can have someone else pick up the early game slack.

The best tertiary effect of it is that it completely diverts everyone's attention to the area of effect and people won't notice you casting other flares if you're subtle about it. This can be combined to devastating effect, as shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UB4ehqacz8

Ha ha ha ha!

Ahhhh man, yea okay that is EXACTLY what happened minus the carpet bombing. Instead of carpet bombing we had double typhoon callins with all our tanks disabled and unable to reverse out of the loiter area.

Your right about the diversion too as I was focused on the shit hitting my jagdtiger, which was an endless rain of fucking plinking shells that blew out its engine. Then they dropped the typhoons in behind us and well the rest is history as they say.

I *almost* want to credit them for clever use of teamplay or tactics but in the end they are clicking 2 buttons and winning a match which pisses me off as this has no counter that I can see. Plus the typhoons aren't even very expensive for the amount of insane fucking damage they do. As for the carpet bombing... that crack must be pretty good hey relic?
4 Oct 2015, 00:30 AM
Patrion 14

The carpet bombing run is actually air supremacy. The funny part about that is if you do it in the same spot your ally did the artillery support. The enemy won't be able to tell the bombers are coming(they use the same target reticle on the tactical map I think) and probably will retreat too late to do anything about it.

AKA - It's OP but everyone is focusing on the leig so nobody really cares about that anyways.
4 Oct 2015, 01:11 AM

I love tac support arty because it is so fantastic to use as part of an armored push of your own. It provides smoke cover for your retreat, and it shocks / stuns enemy vehicles so that you can do a hardcore hit and run attack. The problem, IMO, is that when you combine it with other people in team games it's just too good, it synergizes too well with just about anything else.

They already nerfed the ability once, removing stuns. Circa the video I linked, it did stuns on enemy tanks in addition to engine damage and other crits. They removed the stun so enemy tanks can at least theoretically dodge it, they also made it more visible (Iirc).

It's still very potent. The problem is that Brits are weak as piss in various ways. They've got a couple of OP things that are masking the core weakness of the faction. That doctrine, Tac support, has nothing particularly useful until that 10cp super arty. Mark my words, when they nerf it again (they will eventually), it will be a doctrine to add to the useless pile.
4 Oct 2015, 02:40 AM

So was the air supremacy what came after? That's a great way to hide that ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS