Login

russian armor

What is the most game breaking doctorine?

3 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

Vanguard most op shit
3 Oct 2015, 19:57 PM

Vanguard and Shock Rifle are similar in that they have a lot of really useful abilities in one doctrine, as opposed to 2-3 useless ones in others (royal artillery anyone?)
3 Oct 2015, 22:04 PM

Easily Vanguard.

I just bought it after getting my ass handed to me last night and served up a similar beating in a 4 v 4.

At the moment I don't know if it is OP with the state of the LIEG, but if they ever fix that stupid gun then yea its a pretty insanely good commander. The hawker typhoon call in will absolutely slaughter armor, and its enough to completely wipe entire axis armies if you have a team mate use it at the same time.
3 Oct 2015, 22:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I suppose Vanguard, but I hate Elite troops on principal. You can just play a normal game with panzer tactician smoke and then suddenly shit out a vet 3 tiger for no fuel cost. Why does it matter that it reduces fuel income if you could already have bought 3 P4s by the time it comes out?
3 Oct 2015, 23:12 PM

Most of these commanders are no-brainer choices because all of the abilities are good and useful
Other commanders should be brought up to standard rather than crapping on the 'best' commanders and nerfing them heavily.
3 Oct 2015, 23:14 PM

vanguard is definitely the strongest atm, as it has access to the over-performing Commandos and croc. However it's not inherently broken, they just need to nerf the commandos and croc.

I personally dislike the concept of the tiger ace. Even with all the economic disadvantage that apply, it still feels really strong in 1v1.
4 Oct 2015, 05:25 AM

I'm a little confused.
Did the hate for Elite Troops just spring out of nowhere? I was under the impression that it was still generally outclassed by Spearhead (vs Brits) / CAS / the ever-solid Blitzkrieg / Mechanized Assault.
4 Oct 2015, 18:48 PM

My only premium british commander vanguard operations.Guess why ?
4 Oct 2015, 19:16 PM

I'm a little confused.
Did the hate for Elite Troops just spring out of nowhere? I was under the impression that it was still generally outclassed by Spearhead (vs Brits) / CAS / the ever-solid Blitzkrieg / Mechanized Assault.

It is. It used to be broken, then CAS, Blitz and Mech all got buffed. A lot of people still hate it for the 800 mp Tiger though, which is understandable. But that usually only matters in high tier games when people actually try to preserve their armoured units.
4 Oct 2015, 22:03 PM

It's sad how people complain about the crocodile (Basically a sloped CMD PIV with flamers), while IS2+KV8 wolfpack combo is ruining the game for OKW players:lol:
5 Oct 2015, 01:45 AM

It's sad how people complain about the crocodile (Basically a sloped CMD PIV with flamers), while IS2+KV8 wolfpack combo is ruining the game for OKW players:lol:

I played Soviets for the first time in years. I rolled out a KV8. My god. The game was over in 2 minutes. It just mauled any soft anti-tank within seconds. It's not even fair lol.
5 Oct 2015, 05:02 AM
Donator 11

I played Soviets for the first time in years. I rolled out a KV8. My god. The game was over in 2 minutes. It just mauled any soft anti-tank within seconds. It's not even fair lol.

Yeah man, how dare this flame thrower tank wipe out AT units. OH/OKW tanks are for sissies
5 Oct 2015, 05:21 AM

Yeah man, how dare this flame thrower tank wipe out AT units. OH/OKW tanks are for sissies

It wasn't just one. It was an at gun and two shrekked Volks squads in one engagement. The dps for kv8/Churchill is just insane. I get they're supposed to be AI units, but it kills them too fast. Axis AI units are much better balanced.
5 Oct 2015, 05:54 AM

Most of these commanders are no-brainer choices because all of the abilities are good and useful
Other commanders should be brought up to standard rather than crapping on the 'best' commanders and nerfing them heavily.

/thread really

Any doctrine that includes 1) Useful Call-in 2) Useful Artillery/Off-Map and 3) Useful Call-In Tank is always going to be popular and useful commanders. That doesn't mean they are "game-breaking" (talk about an exaggeration) or need changed. If anything if you see them all the time then you generally know what the other player is going to do and that can give you an advantage. See Rifle Company? You know he's going to rush for an Easy 8 most likely? -> Get a pair of Stu-Gs instead of a Panzer 4s and so own and so worth.

It would be nice if Relic looked at bringing other commanders up to snuff like they did with Partysans (minus the part where they broke them) so that we wouldn't see the same Commander match-ups all the time.
6 Oct 2015, 06:16 AM
Donator 11

It wasn't just one. It was an at gun and two shrekked Volks squads in one engagement. The dps for kv8/Churchill is just insane. I get they're supposed to be AI units, but it kills them too fast. Axis AI units are much better balanced.

yes, i admit that the Churchill is a bit OP and needs to be looked at. KV8 not so much. The problem with the Churchill is the insane amount of health
6 Oct 2015, 07:22 AM

/thread really

Any doctrine that includes 1) Useful Call-in 2) Useful Artillery/Off-Map and 3) Useful Call-In Tank is always going to be popular and useful commanders. That doesn't mean they are "game-breaking" (talk about an exaggeration) or need changed. If anything if you see them all the time then you generally know what the other player is going to do and that can give you an advantage. See Rifle Company? You know he's going to rush for an Easy 8 most likely? -> Get a pair of Stu-Gs instead of a Panzer 4s and so own and so worth.

It would be nice if Relic looked at bringing other commanders up to snuff like they did with Partysans (minus the part where they broke them) so that we wouldn't see the same Commander match-ups all the time.

While what you say is true.....

There are some doctrines that are uncounterable should any half decent players have their hands on it.

IMO, Rifle Company, Soviet company and Tiger Ace aren't game breaking, especially with Tiger Ace where it is possible to outplay your opponent well before Tiger Ace comes out.

Vanguard on the other hand.... you have a very strong infantry unit, gives you an Forward Reinforce Point, one of the best airstrikes in the game with Typhoon and one of the best tanks in the game (Churchill Croc). If there was an example of gamebreaking, that would be it.
8 Oct 2015, 09:06 AM

hammer of the emperor doctrine for OKW:

-space marines tac squad call-in
-plasma pistols for all volx
-orbital bombardment
-rapid teleport response (reinforce anywhere on the map)
-land raider call-in
9 Oct 2015, 15:43 PM
13 Oct 2015, 03:58 AM

Vanguard by far because, it has everything that is great about the british. A flamethrower tank that absorbs damage and slaughters any blobs, a glider with a officer that has more armor then shocks and can produce commandos. What else more do you need. Easy Eight Commander also has flaws such as every rifle squad can get commandos. The white phosphorus needs a increased time between red flares and action it is too quick at the moment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★