Option Distribution Votes
44%
6%
33%
17%
Total votes: 54
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Oct 2015, 19:47 PM

Being an immobile version of PM41 and therefore extremely vulnerable, it should be much cheaper than it is now. I think it is not just me and others share the same sentiment. Furthermore it's kinda the only support brits have in game.

There should be an incentive to build it and currently there is none, other than losing 400 MP to infernos, lelIG and basically anything.
3 Oct 2015, 01:13 AM

its already 115 range now.So no need to buff the range.We have enough long range painful mortars pieces.I dunno how to balance this unit.IMO it's a totally failure to set an mobile mortar squard into such an immobile emplacement.
3 Oct 2015, 01:47 AM

Well seeing as to how it's immobile, the Sexton sucks, and the ISG (Vet 1) is outranging the Mortar pit, I think the range increase is the way to go. Maybe through Vet instead of a base range increase. This allows the ISG to have a window of opportunity to be of use. If the extra range is too much, it could apply to barrage only.
3 Oct 2015, 02:36 AM

I think you should be able to sell it if its no longer useful or if you need one in another spot, very map dependant and hard to afford but i think it can be worth 400 mp(aside from survivability issues)
3 Oct 2015, 03:36 AM

You get two mortars for 200 MP each whom hard counter enemy mortars easily. It's absolutely able to lock down huge swathes of the map if you have vision, if you combine it with the command vehicle's free aerial recon you can seriously control a huge area with this thing.

The smoke barrage ability is also godlike for screening off an entire advance.

It's an awesome structure. I don't build it every game but when I do I fall in love everytime.

Protip: Put a unit inside for maximum benefit. I like to put a royal engineer in it so then if it does get damaged it can hop out and repair it.

3 Oct 2015, 09:33 AM

The mortar pit shouldn't have dual mortars in it. It should have a single mortar, the price should be halved and likewise the pop.

Investing 400mp into something that immovable and is so easily destroyed, is, well... retarded.
3 Oct 2015, 09:50 AM

The best way to improve the mortar emplacement would be to scrap it altogether and replace it with a regular mobile mortar unit in T2.
3 Oct 2015, 09:53 AM

Brace should also give it counter barrage... That it can fire while braced but only at other mortars/Leigs (so the axis players have to worry about it still).
3 Oct 2015, 13:35 PM

3 Oct 2015, 14:49 PM
Patrion 14

I think the 400 manpower cost is a bit much for an immobile mortar, especially for a manpower intensive faction like Brits. Should be more like 300 - 350. Otherwise I think it performs fine.

I do think emplacements could us ea slight population decrease (doesn't the pak 43 cost like 21 pop?).
3 Oct 2015, 17:11 PM

The mortar pit shouldn't have dual mortars in it. It should have a single mortar, the price should be halved and likewise the pop.

Investing 400mp into something that immovable and is so easily destroyed, is, well... retarded.

It has 20 seconds of invincibility, can shield itself frim AT guns with a smoke barrage and can be quickly repaired by 210 mp engineers.

It's all about where you put it but it's not hard to keep it fairly well defended.

It pays for itself pretty quickly.
3 Oct 2015, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2015, 09:53 AMCorsin
Brace should also give it counter barrage... That it can fire while braced but only at other mortars/Leigs (so the axis players have to worry about it still).

Would be really nice actually. The weakness of the immobile mortar should be direct assault rather than the danger of being overpowered with enemy artillery.
4 Oct 2015, 00:55 AM

It's not that the pit is overly expensive, but a combinaison of factors;

1-Brits is probably the most MP starved faction out there with a 280MP /35MP reinforcement cost basic unit that under performs for it's price. Spending additionnal MP proves to be a ballsy move, especially vs competent opponents.

2-Mortar Pits are vulnerable even to small arm fire and are surprinsingly outmatched by Leisg, which lack the same firepower but has mobility and surprising accuracy.

3-One would think that a pit filled with 2 mortars would be able to counter arty pieces found in his radius but no, this unit is not the answer the Brits needs badly vs early arty.

4 Oct 2015, 02:54 AM

It has 20 seconds of invincibility, can shield itself frim AT guns with a smoke barrage and can be quickly repaired by 210 mp engineers.

It's all about where you put it but it's not hard to keep it fairly well defended.

It pays for itself pretty quickly.

Brace is virtually irrelevant anyway. You just keep shelling it with the LEIG so the engis all get gibbed when they try to repair it. Meanwhile, the mortar itself is contributing nothing while bleeding more HP.
4 Oct 2015, 03:29 AM

i wish it cost 1000mp so we never see this gamebreaking piece of pudding again
4 Oct 2015, 03:58 AM

Why would you point out that it's expensive in the title, but not make lowering the price a choice in the poll? That makes no sense.
4 Oct 2015, 05:05 AM
Donator 11

This is why emplacments are dumb. They are either too weak to be used outside of very specific situations (like every one in the game right now) or too OP.
4 Oct 2015, 05:30 AM

This is why emplacments are dumb. They are either too weak to be used outside of very specific situations (like every one in the game right now) or too OP.
OKW's flak base seems to work just fine. Maybe they should just drop brace and give them a ton of health?
4 Oct 2015, 06:02 AM

If I could wave a magic wand and change the mortar pit, I think that I'd split it in half. 325 MP for the mortar, 75 for the pit. Allow the mortar to move, but only let it fire inside a pit.
4 Oct 2015, 07:49 AM

OKW's flak base seems to work just fine. Maybe they should just drop brace and give them a ton of health?

^^

just dont over do it with health
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight