Login

russian armor

British Anvil Churchill, and my thoughts.

PAGES (7)down
6 Oct 2015, 08:06 AM

Churchhill exemplifies flavor of the Brits IMO.

The most OP strong flavor until now in this game, may I say.
6 Oct 2015, 08:21 AM

The most OP strong flavor until now in this game, may I say.

So you are in coh2 for much less then a year? (TA, march deployment G43 grens, release obers, release kubeljesus, early volks etc.)
6 Oct 2015, 08:27 AM

So you are in coh2 for much less then a year? (TA, march deployment G43 grens, release obers, release kubeljesus, early volks etc.)

I will agree with you on release obers, release kubelwagen and TA. Volkspam was to powerfull because of their upgrade, shreck being ultraaccurate. G43?! Can't remember, but I know they were a problem in the past when equiped on pzgrens.

But even this doesn't explain the actual state of churchill.
6 Oct 2015, 10:02 AM

It's always the same problem with the new factions. It takes 6 months atleast to finaly balance the minor things that makes it OP. So let the wait begin...
6 Oct 2015, 11:00 AM

Just low its PEN a bit, so that Churchs serve its purpose, a damage sponge that can take the hits for other stuff and also kills inf, but that is in trouble when heavier tanks arrive.

It should hardly penetrate a panthers front armor, much less a Tiger or KT.

6 Oct 2015, 11:03 AM

Just low its PEN a bit, so that Churchs serve its purpose, a damage sponge that can take the hits for other stuff and also kills inf, but that is in trouble when heavier tanks arrive.

It should hardly penetrate a panthers front armor, much less a Tiger or KT.

Ya that could concievably work. +1, I'm in favor of that.
6 Oct 2015, 11:08 AM

Also "You don't need T4" --> "StG Obers" ???, And the detection radius for IR StG's is 10 (or 15 Relic has changed it once or twice) not 25.

Keep trying man, xD.

Alexfailvar wrong data counter ---> 758....and it keeps raising.
6 Oct 2015, 11:20 AM

Just low its PEN a bit
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Even lower than the current value? You might as well build a Bren then instead.
6 Oct 2015, 11:32 AM

The amount of DPS you are doing is significantly lessened unless you instantly attempt to use stun shot right after it fires as you are forcing it to reload. Also stun shot is better used on Pak's because it's a guaranteed chance to pen anyway. Against tanks with 640 or near that health Elefant stun shot isn't very useful. It's not about escaping after stun, it's escaping BECAUSE you tried to use stun.

Pfuss are excellent, yes but later on in the game were you are having to micro like crazy it's hard to always dedicate squads to baby sitting the JT and preventing flanks. It's also such a massive investment that leaves you wide open to enemy infantry and tank spam because you just dumped the equivalent of 367 allied fuel into one tank.

All unit values and stats are tied to cost, not faction. Axis tanks don't magically have better armor because Krupp Steel they have better armor because they cost a fuckload more. It wouldn't make sense for cheaper tanks to have better armor now would it?

And you can hit the rear armor of the Jadg by pulling a deep flank with fast tank like Sherman/Easy Eight/T34 variants, ect. Or going in with PIATS or Zooks. The Jadgtiger also can easily be stun locked by just shooting at it (you don't need to pen it to stun it).

If your confidant in this you should link your playercard. Until you do this statement is meaningless.

Statistically most games don't last long enough for 14-15 CP units to enter the field and the Churchill hit's the field around 8-9 CP's. Going Churchill every game has been the 1v1 meta since release dude.

1vs1 churchill is the go to meta for BRITS ?????

are you sure you havent confused the churchill with the centaur?

also your logic for the state of heavy tank destroyers is laughable,their justified by their cost??? that goes against your logic,remember when you said that no matter the cost units and abilitys shouldnt be that powerful?

you and many other players that complained about the Air Supremacy Ability said it shouldnt be that powerful even if it costs alot of munitions then why exclude the elefant and the jagdtiger??

13-14Cp can be reached easily in 2vs2 games if you could explain me why you think otherwise

Also Churchill spam means the brit player doesnt have centaurs,cromwells,fireflys(which are useless)

6 Oct 2015, 11:35 AM

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Even lower than the current value? You might as well build a Bren then instead.

Stop playing Theoricraft.

While it seens low, given how much HP the church has, its actually pretty high in-game, wich is what people here are complaining about.
6 Oct 2015, 11:37 AM

It's always the same problem with the new factions. It takes 6 months atleast to finaly balance the minor things that makes it OP. So let the wait begin...

That would make 5 months - because one has allready passed - and I surely hope it will take alot less because I feel alot of people are losing patience with Relic and their money making new released faction that totaly screwed balance!
6 Oct 2015, 11:46 AM

That would make 5 months - because one has allready passed - and I surely hope it will take alot less because I feel alot of people are losing patience with Relic and their money making new released faction that totaly screwed balance!

That's true. it took Relic atleast 6 months to finaly get the game on a nice spot with USF and OKW.
8 Oct 2015, 15:13 PM

I think anvil double vehicle repair speed also contributes to this. Makes the churchill that much better able to spearhead since it can out-attrit you in terms of late-game tank battle. Also, makes it worthless to just push back the churchill with heavy damage. You either commit to kill it, or cede ground to it.
8 Oct 2015, 15:20 PM

1080hp churchill? why would anyone pick it over a comet.

Vanilla churchill is fine for the cost, one Jagdpanzer and it is helpless.
8 Oct 2015, 15:33 PM

Churchill is rubbish apart from its health and Armour. The gun hardly penetrates anything, its slow as hell.

I don't even normally bother to build it. Id rather have 2 Cromwells,

Anyone who knows how to play the game can counter it.

I feel the only people moaning are maybe axis only players ? Who don't know how to deal with hard to kill tanks ? Play some allies and learn what a AT gun is. Get a army of jadgpanzers like the poor Americans have to do with m10s or jack-sons...

Learn to play something other than axis, get some skill/different tactics, and stop trying to nurf stuff that isn't even that good..

When I play as Brits, i find it absolutely hilarious the axis players don't seem to be able to adapt at all. They simply don't build enough AT to cope with tanks. Then moan the tanks are overpowerd.

Sad really.:(

9 Oct 2015, 12:43 PM

6 Pak gun and one P4 seem to be the solution to counter churchills, keepo

9 Oct 2015, 12:45 PM

Churchill is rubbish apart from its health and Armour. The gun hardly penetrates anything, its slow as hell.

I don't even normally bother to build it. Id rather have 2 Cromwells,

Anyone who knows how to play the game can counter it.

I feel the only people moaning are maybe axis only players ? Who don't know how to deal with hard to kill tanks ? Play some allies and learn what a AT gun is. Get a army of jadgpanzers like the poor Americans have to do with m10s or jack-sons...

Learn to play something other than axis, get some skill/different tactics, and stop trying to nurf stuff that isn't even that good..

When I play as Brits, i find it absolutely hilarious the axis players don't seem to be able to adapt at all. They simply don't build enough AT to cope with tanks. Then moan the tanks are overpowerd.

Sad really.:(

what this guy says. axis is such a freewin
9 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

Are they a problem in 1v1?

I see them being OP in team games, when they hit a critical mass coupled with end OFF calls like Thyphons or Air Supramacy.

In 1v1 I really cant see them being an issue (but im not a 1v1 player).
9 Oct 2015, 21:24 PM

The change notes are awesome, but I thinkit needs a buff in any of these areas now (exclusive):

Aoe/Scatter
Damage
Pen

@Tartus: Comet is the only unit which could be perceived as problematic.
11 Oct 2015, 12:55 PM

Judging by the preview notes R.I.P Churchill.
They should have either reduce its HP pool or nerf its armour a bit. Now this slow moving tank with weak gun will share the fate of KV-1.
Never to be build again.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight