Login

russian armor

Panzergrens with schrecks sniping infantry

2 Oct 2015, 17:21 PM

It's a damn rocket so if it snipe from time to time some infantry, Im OK with that.
3 Oct 2015, 13:48 PM

PTRS is the only AT weapon that should have any sort of AI capability. Handheld HEAT rockets were notoriously difficult to aim (which is why they had effective ranges of only ~100m or so at best), and it doesn't fit balance to have one unit being capable of everything
3 Oct 2015, 14:35 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2015, 17:07 PMNEVEC

Barely i can call ptrs AT weapon.
3 Oct 2015, 14:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2015, 13:48 PMJunaid
PTRS is the only AT weapon that should have any sort of AI capability. Handheld HEAT rockets were notoriously difficult to aim (which is why they had effective ranges of only ~100m or so at best), and it doesn't fit balance to have one unit being capable of everything

No? Explain to me the essence of commandos then :foreveralone:
3 Oct 2015, 15:46 PM

No? Explain to me the essence of commandos then :foreveralone:

You have mistaken me for someone who supports imbalance
3 Oct 2015, 16:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

The worst thing about it imho is that your anti-tank infantry will shoot their rocket (or whatever) at an infantry squad and then have to reload while a vehicle drives around the corner and starts pushing them.
3 Oct 2015, 16:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2015, 15:46 PMJunaid

You have mistaken me for someone who supports imbalance

My sincerest apologies, please let us be civilized and pleasant to another in future engagements of words and chivalry!
3 Oct 2015, 19:19 PM

My sincerest apologies, please let us be civilized and pleasant to another in future engagements of words and chivalry!

haha ofcourse :)
3 Oct 2015, 19:28 PM

Captain with Zooks sniping infantry Kappa
3 Oct 2015, 19:50 PM
Donator 11

current captain meta is to rush forward to point blank for them sweet zook snipers :snfPeter:
3 Oct 2015, 21:40 PM

The worst thing about it imho is that your anti-tank infantry will shoot their rocket (or whatever) at an infantry squad and then have to reload while a vehicle drives around the corner and starts pushing them.

Yes this, I hate this.
4 Oct 2015, 11:39 AM

Had a game yesterday against Interlooper where my volksschreck squad sniped a whole squad that just exited a building...this kind of rng is just frustrating. Same goes whenever you go Captain your bazookas do all the killing in close combat. I don't think soldiers in WW2 where firing zooks/schrecks in close combat.
5 Oct 2015, 17:42 PM

I have always felt that shreks gib infantry way too much. I think its because of the high dmg of the shrek which I also always felt should be more like the zook. Zook does not gib infantry nearly as much like the shrek.
5 Oct 2015, 18:18 PM

Did they change something about panzergrenadiers with schrecks? I noticed they are sniping infantry way to easy. I think its kind a ridiculous that they snipe infantry so easily with schrecks while its a AT feature.

Schrecks or Zooks sniping Infantry is very bad for gameplay, it's making the game look bad (E-sport).

It's currently abused. No shrecks or zooks should be able to kill inf even when shooting ground at close range.

Small firearms should be used only.
5 Oct 2015, 18:38 PM

Last game i played as ostheer agains usa. I went double sniper and fast scout car so i countered his m20 well, but lost my 222 in proces cause of 20 zook squad.

Later enemy made great push , but i was able to hold forced 3 rifles with snipers to retreat and thne come that zook to cut off (i was in northren spawn). And also liehtenaunt come and catch my sniper off guard so i imediatly retreated , the went in from of langres hose and to hq , but that zook shot em BOTH from cut off point to that those range 35 m i think.

Dont tell me its L2P , because you cannot kepp both snipers 82 health when you defeat 3 files with em and them liehtenaunt jupe on em (one have like 90 % of hp and second 80 %).

It was gg for me of course , because i have only 3 volks and pio VS echelon , 4 bar/nothing rifles , zook squad , captain.

And i think its not fair when youre winning match and freaking zook kill both of your snipers
6 Oct 2015, 00:05 AM
Patrion 28

very rarely hitting one model i'll tolerate. multiple models hit is bullshit.
6 Oct 2015, 00:30 AM

The main problem for "priorize vehicle" on infantry AT is, that you may not have enough slots to put this ability because the number of the abilities for a single unit may exceed 12. Consider a strumpioneer with a shreck held and support package upgraded for example, Attack, Stop, Attack Ground, Retreat, Build, Cut Wire, Activiate/Put away Minesweeper, Repair, Vet 3 Grenade, Scavenge, Medical Suppy -- that is already 11 abilties now.
6 Oct 2015, 19:10 PM

I got wrecked by a triple PG schreck blob that not only was wasting my armor but also tearing up my conscripts. Would need to go back to replay to see how many of those deaths were direct hits by schreck but I didn't notice them dying like flies and I don't think it was just due to 6/12 models firing MP44's. Handheld AT should only be able to be used to target armor/light vehicles, emplacements and buildings since there are many documented examples of troops on both sides using hand held AT weapons to dislodge troops firing from buildings.
6 Oct 2015, 20:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Dont tell me its L2P , because you cannot kepp both snipers 82 health when you defeat 3 files with em and them liehtenaunt jupe on em (one have like 90 % of hp and second 80 %).

I had a game were i lost 2 snipers to 2 consecutive At gun shots. Shit happens.
AT gun > Snipers
8 Oct 2015, 15:15 PM

why not use bonus dmg code like has been done with ptrs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment