Login

russian armor

Panzergrens with schrecks sniping infantry

Should hand held AT weapons be able to shoot at infantry?
Option Distribution Votes
45%
55%
Total votes: 86
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Oct 2015, 20:50 PM

Did they change something about panzergrenadiers with schrecks? I noticed they are sniping infantry way to easy. I think its kind a ridiculous that they snipe infantry so easily with schrecks while its a AT feature.
1 Oct 2015, 20:52 PM

Did they change something about panzergrenadiers with schrecks? I noticed they are sniping infantry way to easy. I think its kind a ridiculous that they snipe infantry so easily with schrecks while its a AT feature.

Remember PTRS rifles on cons? :foreveralone:

I rather have a toggle prioritize vehicle button for the Shrecks.
1 Oct 2015, 20:52 PM

Handheld AT only shooting at vehicles would be much better for everyone; obviously no one wants the things shooting at infantry.
1 Oct 2015, 20:53 PM
Donator 11

+1 Schrecks/zookas shouldnt be able to "snipe" infantry. IN WW2, the ammunition was rare and they wouldnt waste their rockets to fire on infantry (except in buildings and behind cover) :facepalm:

So yeah please remove it!
1 Oct 2015, 20:55 PM

NO its super annoying and bad. Ive seen captains wipe full squads like ~10 times. Shrecks and zooks should only fire on vehicles or emplacements imo
1 Oct 2015, 21:11 PM

NO its super annoying and bad. Ive seen captains wipe full squads like ~10 times. Shrecks and zooks should only fire on vehicles or emplacements imo

I had my Shocks go around a corner once.... 4 of them died because a Püppchen was sitting behind.
1 Oct 2015, 21:16 PM

I've noticed PIAT and Bazooka doing this way more than Panzerschrecks, but they all do it, and they shouldn't. I'm gonna vote no, and that's for all AT weapons, up to and including things like Jacksons and Panthers.
1 Oct 2015, 21:22 PM

Prioritize vehicle for infantry AT (except PTRS). Although after a year, the original prioritize vehicle on tanks and ATGs is bugged as hell.
2 Oct 2015, 12:44 PM

Having a "prioritize vehicle" ability on infantry with AT weapons would be nice.

I'd also like to see the guy holding the AT weapon shoot at the vehicles while the rest of the squad fires at nearby infantry unless ordered to focus fire on a vehicle, but I am not so sure about how this will work out in the end though.
2 Oct 2015, 12:51 PM

Oh my god, we've officially crossed into AT weapons can't be used against infantry territory. I don't even how silly this idea is.

Prioritise vehicles is as far as I'd go.
2 Oct 2015, 12:51 PM

Prioritize verhicles fors hand-held AT weapons RELIC FAST!
2 Oct 2015, 13:09 PM

Oh my god, we've officially crossed into AT weapons can't be used against infantry territory. I don't even how silly this idea is.

Prioritise vehicles is as far as I'd go.

Why is it silly? Explain it.
2 Oct 2015, 13:35 PM

If the problem is handheld at killing infantry left and right, how exactly would prioritize vehicles remove this problem? I mean, why would any sane person turn it on if they get more kills by allowing infantry targets?

It's actually very hard to explain this co-coherently so forgive me if I fail to convey this effectively.

Anti-Tank weapons are not inherently unbalanced, most of the rocket propelled weapons are inaccurate and tend to miss infantry models. IF they do hit the target it's because of RnG, which leads to excitement and adrenaline because of human biology. So their is no basis on a game play level that should indicate that this is broken.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't really confirm what you are saying unless it is logged and repeated easily by anyone challenging your hypothesis. Every time I have Shrek or Bazooka infantry more often than not they'll miss 60% of the time.

Further more from a realism stand point it would make no sense for a soldier not to fire his weapon at an enemy, infantry or otherwise. Infantry were trained to shoot at Tanks and Aircraft though most of these vehicles couldn't be damaged by them.
Patrion 15

All hand held AT has been sniping infantry like crazy recently.
2 Oct 2015, 16:45 PM

Once I had a 3 man squad instantly knocked down to 1 because some PanzerGrenadiers hit two of my men with each of their schrecks at the same time :hansRNG:

2 Oct 2015, 16:47 PM

Not allowing shrecks to shoot infantry would change this game SOO much...and for the better in my opinion. It would take away all the cheesy tactics.
2 Oct 2015, 17:07 PM

Remember PTRS rifles on cons? :foreveralone:

I rather have a toggle prioritize vehicle button for the Shrecks.

Barely i can call ptrs AT weapon.
2 Oct 2015, 17:12 PM
Donator 33

Zooks and shrecks have like 2,5% accuracy vs infantry at max range. They will hit infantry eventually, not very often though.

The only ways to remove zook, shreck and even AT gun snipes completely is to make them shoot at vehicles only or reduce their accuracy to 0 but introduce bonus accuracy vs vehicles.
2 Oct 2015, 17:19 PM
Donator 11

Prioritize vehicle would be nice but not allowing at to shoot at infantry at all would be stupid and hard to implement. Stupid because those weapons are very usefull for destroying cover right now and hard to implement as right now every squad can have only one target at the moment, if you click to attack tank with shrecks all the stg44 models will shoot at it too. Remember that all at squads excluding at partisants are also quite potent AI units. (2x stg, thompson, 4 rifles on volks and so on)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★