Login

russian armor

Help for Soviet Industry in Teamplay

1 Oct 2015, 13:48 PM

For some obscure reason I like the soviet industry commander and I want to make it work. I like going a bit away from the meta commanders. In 1vs1 I had some moderate success with going T3 early as possible and pumping out a T70 and one or two SU-76 and then push with the KW-8. Problem is I think I could have done pretty much the same with any KW-8 commander and one or two fuel caches. I have a few games in 3vs3 with one US and one UKF coming up. Do you think soviet industry can show some more strength there with the repair points and focus on vehicles? I guess the KW-2 should work to lock down a VP. Which build orders do you suggest?
1 Oct 2015, 14:13 PM
Benefactor 392

you are better off going 152 over the kv-2 any day,
those thing that is powerful with sov industry is how it can pump out vehicles in a few seconds, as well as the fuel income, best thing to do is just get cons, untill you have enough fuel for lets say 3 or 4 t-34. and just plain out spam t-34.

the other powerful thing about this commander is the fact that you can build like 5 repair stations in one area to insta-rep you and your allies vehicles.

if you do want to use the kv-2 for whatever reason. use it for fortified positions and or a creep unit as you would with mortars.

This is what I'd do. however i love my kv-8 right now so the kv-2 is on the bottom of my toybox.
1 Oct 2015, 14:21 PM

So to play to the strength of soviet industry you would go straight for T4 and T34s and not T3 and T70s with Su-76s?
1 Oct 2015, 14:29 PM

Soviet industry is not worth it at the moment. Relic said on the stream they shall redesign Soviet industry and give the KV2 "some love".
1 Oct 2015, 14:33 PM

The way I see it, if you really want to use Sov Industry you're gonna have to play a more supportive role because of how little MP you'll have to work with.

I suggest an engi heavy build->T3->pump out Su-76s and 1 T-70 for vision->KV-8.

This way with your vetted engies/rep station you'll be providing the speedier repair needed for the churchills while your Su-76 and K8 support your allies push.
NOTE: This is just a theoretical build. I haven't tried it but the principle should be sound.
1 Oct 2015, 22:11 PM

I have one pretty strong Windustry BO from ages ago, works ok-ish right now but used to be a lot better,

T1 right away -> 2x peno -> M3 and Engineer (Flamer car) -> T3 -> T70 or Su76 depending on the situation -> T4, depening on fuel one or two t34 and then a KV2

This used to be extremely strong especially against okw, and ok against ostheer, but at this moment this isn't too strong but imo works the best
1 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Soviet Industry's fluff is all about production, which leads people to think it is all about pumping out armour and sending it to die for the motherland

Really though, with the MP reduction that becomes a significant limiting factor on builds and the Commanders Abilities are all about repair and keeping armour alive.

At some point I will get around to trying to play it again, however my thoughts are as follows:

1) Pump out armour, then use your abilities to keep it alive

2) Don't spam repair stations for want of any thing else to do with the Muni. That's a waste and congests the map.

3) Buy engineers and place mines and demos everywhere

2 Oct 2015, 07:18 AM

great advice everyone. thank you. I'll give it a shot and see if the commander has to go back on the shelf for a while or not.

Going slightly off topic: which commander do you think supports a fast T3 heavy build the best?
2 Oct 2015, 09:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If you want really fast T3 then that means getting there as fast as possible and spending as little fuel as you can get away with to get there

So no conscript upgrades, and T1 rather than T2.

At which point the best choice I think is T1 Penals with Partisans.

Tank Hunters will mean you can skip over T2 and will supplement your T3, whilst Mark Target will help keep T3 relevant longer.

If you don't have Partisans, or want to try the concept before you buy, Reserve Army allows much the same.

You might be able to do it with Lendlease, rely on Dishka for early AT then spam fuel drops. I have no idea how viable that might be though, as I've not tried it and the Dishka is an unloved red headed stepchild
3 Oct 2015, 16:17 PM

At which point the best choice I think is T1 Penals with Partisans.

I like this. Would you build a Sniper? And why not building cons before T1 instead of penals to build up pressure?
3 Oct 2015, 19:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Personally I rarely use snipers as I play larger game modes where their survivability is somewhat dubious but see if it works for you

I didn't put Cons in there so you have no need to spend the fuel to get molotovs and delay your tech

Penals also are a handy munitions sink for flames and satchel charges in a doctrine that generally has plenty.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 26
Mexico 15
Germany 923

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %