Login

russian armor

Playing 3v3 on 4v4 maps - No fun

Should the maps listed above be removed from 3v3?
Option Distribution Votes
73%
27%
Total votes: 44
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Sep 2015, 21:53 PM

Hey

When you play 3vs3, you can veto 5 maps. That is not enough. Because most of these "3v3 maps clearly are for 4 players. Veto the same 5 maps is boring. If I just played Rzhev Winter - and I want to veto that map, I gotta clear one for a 4v4 map. For me that is unfair.

Steppes
Lienne Forest
La Gleize
Lanzerath Ambush
City 17 and General Mud

Don't get me wrong, I love these maps, but playing them when I queue 3v3 is not fun. Playing on a map where there is an "empty" spot on the battlefield breaks the immersion for me.

I would appreciate any reply and know what you guys think about this?

I also wanted to add that I play 3v3 because I play with my two older brothers, sure when I have a friend online, we invite him and play 4v4 :)
1 Oct 2015, 02:04 AM

**listed below
1 Oct 2015, 04:21 AM

The general consensus is that there isn't enough large maps, and you want to remove more of them?
1 Oct 2015, 04:32 AM

The general consensus is that there isn't enough large maps, and you want to remove more of them?

Having a bunch of shitty maps just for the sake of having more maps isn't ideal.

The whole idea of having maps for multiple game modes was the laziest design decision Relic made on this game. It either ends up being too big for one game mode or too small for the other.

What was smarter was when they designed the art/geography for one big map like they did Calderis Refinery in Dawn of War 2, and then trim out areas they don't need for the smaller game modes and move all the resource points around to be appropriate for the game mode.
1 Oct 2015, 04:41 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 21:53 PMDrange
Playing on a map where there is an "empty" spot on the battlefield breaks the immersion for me.

??? :huh:

Steppes is a weird map in general, so is General Mud - either you like these huge and open maps, or you don't.
Only map i'd fully agree is City 17, with this weird 2x 2v2 split, which may lead to a 2+1 vs 1+2 split in 3v3.

Personally i love to play on the other ones mentioned, and can not see your problem. Care to elaborate?
They're not meant for 4v4 either IMHO, especially not Lienne and La Gleize, which combine a decent map size with quite distinct battle lines.

1 Oct 2015, 06:10 AM
Patrion 14

3v3+ maps are already small enough. i actually like playing 3v3 on 4v4 maps because then you can actually breathe for once.

only problem is stupid split bases.
1 Oct 2015, 09:44 AM
Patrion 14

I hate each and every one of the listed maps, so I voted yes.
5 Oct 2015, 18:49 PM

Having a bunch of shitty maps just for the sake of having more maps isn't ideal.

The whole idea of having maps for multiple game modes was the laziest design decision Relic made on this game. It either ends up being too big for one game mode or too small for the other.

What was smarter was when they designed the art/geography for one big map like they did Calderis Refinery in Dawn of War 2, and then trim out areas they don't need for the smaller game modes and move all the resource points around to be appropriate for the game mode.

Well said.
5 Oct 2015, 19:22 PM

We need more dedicated 3v3 maps first. It's the least played mode, so often gets overlooked and gets clumped in with 4v4 way too often. It's actually a great mix between the clusterfuck of 4v4 and the more open team based play of 2v2.
5 Oct 2015, 23:16 PM

Permanently Banned
I totally agree, I have always hated 3v3s due to it being just terrible because of all the 4v4 maps.
5 Oct 2015, 23:48 PM

3v3 and 4v4 will remain unfun and broken as long as the maps are literal garbage because they encourage camping due to bad design. It's way to easy to all goon rush 2 points and totally ignore the rest of the map and just rely on gimmicks/spam to win the game for you instead of tactical acumen.
7 Oct 2015, 13:16 PM

No. Why would open space be an issue at all in this game. You should welcome it. You know, flanking and such. :P

Your text..
3v3 and 4v4 will remain unfun and broken as long as the maps are literal garbage because they encourage camping due to bad design. It's way to easy to all goon rush 2 points and totally ignore the rest of the map and just rely on gimmicks/spam to win the game for you instead of tactical acumen.

It's is still far better to have an equal amount of VPs in those games because balance tips less violently. With equal VPs the outcome of random team games would be decided at minute 10 already. And if you want more depth, play with premades or 1v1. Your efforts will always matter less the more players there are.
7 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM

Agree to all except steppes.
8 Oct 2015, 00:52 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disagree with all, except Lienne Forest.
8 Oct 2015, 14:52 PM

I think the only maps that should have multiple player quantities are 1v1 and 2v2. The bigger maps aren't well designed to flow between 3's and 4's except maybe a couple.
8 Oct 2015, 14:53 PM

Give us more vetos pls
8 Oct 2015, 15:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Agree to all except steppes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %