Login

russian armor

Some slot_items are disappearing after an entity dies

30 Sep 2015, 19:24 PM

Hi. I have an upgrade that adds 4 assault rifles to a squad. So the issues I'm encountering are -

• Entities in the squad is not switching to said slot_item when another squad member holding it dies

• Slot items not being equipped after injured squad is reinforced

May someone help me on fixing this?
30 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Assuming your slot items take up 1 slot, do you have at least 4 slots for the squad?
30 Sep 2015, 21:46 PM

Also double check that the SBP only has those slot_items and isn't receiving any additional ones, as having 5+ would also cause issues (the additional ones will not get applied).
1 Oct 2015, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 20:29 PMeliw00d
Assuming your slot items take up 1 slot, do you have at least 4 slots for the squad?

Yup. But I want the upgrade to only take two slots, so I have two rifles that take up 1 slot each, and another two that doesn't take up any.
1 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

Also double check that the SBP only has those slot_items and isn't receiving any additional ones, as having 5+ would also cause issues (the additional ones will not get applied).

Yup. Initially the SBP has no slot_items. The upgrade is like a Paratroopers' Thompson upgrade.
1 Oct 2015, 13:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just make each slot item take up 1 slot, and have your upgrade give the squad the desired number of slot items.
1 Oct 2015, 15:15 PM

Okay, I changed the upgrade a bit. Instead of adding four, it now adds two, but it's not working. Here's a comparison -

First image with two Thompson SMGs

Second image shows that squad is only using one SMG even though they're supposed to have 2.

EDIT: Also, by right, the upgrade has no limit, so the upgrade can be researched for each squad at least two times (it's a squad upgrade, each of these squads have 4 weapon slots). But when I test in in-game, I can only research the upgrade once for each squad. Why is this happening?
1 Oct 2015, 15:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So, in your upgrade, do you have two slot item add actions? Are they set to permanent?

Do you have local or global max limit set to 1?
1 Oct 2015, 15:29 PM

So, in your upgrade, do you have two slot item add actions? Are they set to permanent?

Yep. Two slot_item_add actions with both of them set to permanent.

Do you have local or global max limit set to 1?

Nope. Both of those fields are set to 0 for the upgrade.
1 Oct 2015, 16:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

What about the requirements?
1 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM

What about the requirements?

required_slot_item_size = 2
required_in_territory = in_supply
1 Oct 2015, 19:20 PM

In CoH1/2 you can't give a squad the same upgrade twice or more. It simply doesn't work, or doesn't work properly, as it won't give you the extra slot_items.

The CoH2 Panzergrenadiers used to have two Panzerschreck upgrades, each one giving one slot_item, and the way they did that was to have two separate named upgrades rather than allowing you to buy the same one multiple times. So in your case you're better off having a 2nd (or 3rd, if it goes that high) upgrade that appears when the one before it is bought.
1 Oct 2015, 19:36 PM

In CoH1/2 you can't give a squad the same upgrade twice or more. It simply doesn't work, or doesn't work properly, as it won't give you the extra slot_items.

The CoH2 Panzergrenadiers used to have two Panzerschreck upgrades, each one giving one slot_item, and the way they did that was to have two separate named upgrades rather than allowing you to buy the same one multiple times. So in your case you're better off having a 2nd (or 3rd, if it goes that high) upgrade that appears when the one before it is bought.

Cool. I'll give that a shot. But still, I'm trying to fix the slot_items from disappearing from the squad. So far I have no luck... This mod tool is so strange and unpredictable, I have realised.
1 Oct 2015, 21:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ah, yes. It had been a while since I used squad upgrades. I forgot about that. However, I think it only applies to unit_upgrade_panel upgrades. If you use command_panel upgrades, it depends on your requirements.

Anyways, the tools are not unpredictable. It is hard to say why you are having issues without seeing more of what you are doing.
2 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM

It is hard to say why you are having issues without seeing more of what you are doing.

May I send you my mod file? Or should I take screenshots of the _exts?
2 Oct 2015, 21:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You can send it to me in PM.
5 Oct 2015, 06:26 AM

You can send it to me in PM.

Hi hi, sorry for the very late response, I've been real busy lately...

Anyway, I have sent you the mod folder in a .zip. Hoping for the best here :thumb:
5 Oct 2015, 17:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Okay. Without making any changes, the upgrade gives the squad two slot items. I am not sure why yours did not have two added.

I noticed you have four dummy slot items added in the squad_action_apply_ext. Why? Delete those, and your problem will go away. If you are trying to restrict how many slot items the squad can have, change the number of slots or the size of the slot items you are adding.
5 Oct 2015, 18:36 PM

Okay. Without making any changes, the upgrade gives the squad two slot items. I am not sure why yours did not have two added.

Oh no no, it does so in my game too. What I'm trying to say is that when the squad gets reinforced (let's say, reinforced from 1 man to 8 man), the slot_item does not get re-added back. I think I explained that with the images in the previous replies.

I noticed you have four dummy slot items added in the squad_action_apply_ext. Why?

It's to test and see if using slot_items as a requirement field will limit how many squad members will throw grenades with a grenade assault ability.

Anyway, removing those dummy items fixed the issue. Yay! Thanks for the help :D

So while we're talking about that, is there a way to limit how many squad members throw grenades in a grenade assault ability?
5 Oct 2015, 20:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's either one or all, as far as I know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★