Login

russian armor

US mortar halftrack still sucks

29 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 18:44 PMArclyte
you guys can pick apart stats on a sheet, but the end result is a mortar HT that gets single digit kills while firing on the enemy all game

If the stats say it has good accuracy, then something is bugged.

No you are bugged. Even when presented evidence that it works like the ost mt-ht you cling to you biased delusions as always.
30 Sep 2015, 01:07 AM
Patrion 14

WP + Pack howi barrage = wipe machine.
30 Sep 2015, 01:11 AM

i take back what i said. witnessed symbiosis get one off the bat against barton, it dealt as much damage as his rifles and reached vet3. just for the record.
30 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM

do you barrage, or do you auto attack? do sit far back, or do you try to fire from as close as possible? does the enemy constatnly move? there are a lot of different factors that will determine how well ur half track does. from my experience it does fairly well thanks to WP ability. interestingly enough it seems like the WP impact actually deals damage, which no other WP type ability does, so you can kill units with it.

I use it like I use my ost mortar HT. I let it auto attack unless I use the incendiary/WP barrage on setup teams or medic bunkers for maximum war crimes. Typical mortarplay really.

i take back what i said. witnessed symbiosis get one off the bat against barton, it dealt as much damage as his rifles and reached vet3. just for the record.

can you link me that game?

No you are bugged. Even when presented evidence that it works like the ost mt-ht you cling to you biased delusions as always.

use the unit yourself before opening your mouth. there are a dozen people in this thread who have used it and agree
30 Sep 2015, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 03:00 AMArclyte

I use it like I use my ost mortar HT. I let it auto attack unless I use the incendiary/WP barrage on setup teams or medic bunkers for maximum war crimes. Typical mortarplay really.

can you link me that game?

Here ya are mate. Pretty sure he used it as you indicated. I might be called out as a liar for the damage dealt, but, I do remember it's performance seeming to be an outlier, 'cos I'm still of the opinion that the mortar carriage is hot garbage. Then again, I've not actually took too much time to actually analyze it's performance. I will say, I think a degree of it's abysmal performance, perceived or otherwise comes down to, contextually, the carriage and it's woeful rate of fire doesn't really fit in well with USF's precept of mobility, and as such, I think it usually flames up pretty often due to a lack of entrenchment or a real, static defensive front line in which a mortar can be perched behind.
30 Sep 2015, 13:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you're interested, Symbiosis used it against VindicareX in G3 of their series in OCF
30 Sep 2015, 15:10 PM

My understanding is that WP does not provide XP to the HT because it is not the unit dealing damage. This should be corrected on all units that use WP.
30 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

My understanding is that WP does not provide XP to the HT because it is not the unit dealing damage. This should be corrected on all units that use WP.

Indeed, I would also like units who can call in artillery get vet if it does something, namely IR pathfinders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★