Login

russian armor

how to play vs soviets?1v1

28 Sep 2015, 22:33 PM

hey guys im struggling vs soviets. i tried 1xmg 3gren, 4x gren, 2x gren mortar 1mg etc but i seem to win about 25% of my games. only viable doctrine that i got are CAS, tiger+opel bliz

what are common oppenings against them?
29 Sep 2015, 07:02 AM

Going MG -> 2-3 gren works well as long as your opponent doesn't go for T2, against T2 sniper and/or mortar works great, MG -> 2 gren -> Sniper -> mortar -> gren -> t2... Early LMG42s are a huge part in the success against soviets since the only long range inf that beats LMG grens are Guards

29 Sep 2015, 12:59 PM

I would encourage you to watch some replays of top players, some of their openings may not be what is best for you and your comfort/skill level but I guarantee you a few we'll catch your eye. For instance in this tournament DEVM consistently went Gren, MG, sniper in every game of the finals and he would field a second sniper before Mid game then replace any sniper losses to always have two in play.
30 Sep 2015, 05:01 AM
Donator 11

I'm going to have to go against the tide here and advise against building snipers at all vs SU unless you see more than 1 squad of shocks. Might be tempting to build them when you see DevM with 80 kills between 2 snipers in a tourney game but chances are your micro can't keep up and your resources would be better spent elsewhere.

SU is less predictable than either USF or UKF so I'd stick with a vanilla 3-4 gren build with an mg and adjust your build from there depending on what you see. The number of grens and timing of mg would depend on the map and doctrine you're planning on using.
30 Sep 2015, 05:24 AM

It also depends what the soviet player is doing...

Axis work more on a "react to what your enemy is doing" rather than "pick your own build and run with it".

30 Sep 2015, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 05:01 AMKeaper!
I'm going to have to go against the tide here and advise against building snipers at all vs SU unless you see more than 1 squad of shocks. Might be tempting to build them when you see DevM with 80 kills between 2 snipers in a tourney game but chances are your micro can't keep up and your resources would be better spent elsewhere.

SU is less predictable than either USF or UKF so I'd stick with a vanilla 3-4 gren build with an mg and adjust your build from there depending on what you see. The number of grens and timing of mg would depend on the map and doctrine you're planning on using.

coming from coh1 and played alot of sniper there, so my sniper mirco is surely over the average. but i just cant drain so much MP on my skill niveau that snipers are any efficent vs SU, especially since their sniper is 2mann and has a 4s faster recloak time.

but maybe im not that bad against soviet, just noticed most of my soviet enemys are top 100 ranks ( last one was barbarosa top20 in evrey 1v1), maybe the problem lies there which seems to make some fractions harder to play against
30 Sep 2015, 12:14 PM

But OST sniper can run from cover to cover in cloack, thats a big deal my friend.
Becouse of that he is fantastic spoter on the top of being deadly marksmen.
30 Sep 2015, 14:14 PM

su cant cloak in cover? nice to know!
a bit offtopic: does recon run(plane) make snipers visible like in coh1?
1 Oct 2015, 08:41 AM

su cant cloak in cover? nice to know!
a bit offtopic: does recon run(plane) make snipers visible like in coh1?

Su can cloak in cover but and right now I think the cloaking time is shoter than the Ostheers sniper cloak (Dunno if you were talking about sniper or cloaking in general eg. partisans etc)

And recon planes doesn't reveal snipers that are cloaked
1 Oct 2015, 09:34 AM

Su can cloak in cover but and right now I think the cloaking time is shoter than the Ostheers sniper cloak (Dunno if you were talking about sniper or cloaking in general eg. partisans etc)

And recon planes doesn't reveal snipers that are cloaked

then i dont understand the advantage of ost sniper vs sovjet like crazydawid pointed out? confused.

btw im on a big losing streak against russians, got a replay. i know i suck, shitty micro, shitty macro.

early mg loss was terrible, was a missclick which ordered the mg back into the building. im not quite sure how i lost my 222, think it was a very offensive mine. i could not deal with the harrasing quad because this map is so much shootblocker and pak is more or less useless against a harrasing quad on both sides.at the end i just yoloed in because i didnt care anymore somehow, i had no fucking clue how to get these hordes of su76, with commander abilitys maybe, but i was short on muni whole game.
edit forgot replay coming
1 Oct 2015, 10:28 AM

then i dont understand the advantage of ost sniper vs sovjet like crazydawid pointed out? confused.

btw im on a big losing streak against russians, got a replay. i know i suck, shitty micro, shitty macro.

early mg loss was terrible, was a missclick which ordered the mg back into the building. im not quite sure how i lost my 222, think it was a very offensive mine. i could not deal with the harrasing quad because this map is so much shootblocker and pak is more or less useless against a harrasing quad on both sides.at the end i just yoloed in because i didnt care anymore somehow, i had no fucking clue how to get these hordes of su76, with commander abilitys maybe, but i was short on muni whole game.
edit forgot replay coming

The Ostheer sniper doesn't have too much of an advantage over the Soviet sniper, the biggest things are the vet abilities and higher rate of fire, but against Soviets the ostheer sniper doesn't have any advatage because of the large squads, but for example against brits and their 4 man squads that cost 35mp per model to reinforce the ostheer sniper is super effective
3 Oct 2015, 17:44 PM

Hi. Today I faced 2 kv8 flame + 2 su76 combined with conscripts and shocks. What would be the best counter? I had 2 paks and 1 squad of shreck panzergrens. Real problems on an urban map.I'd like to ask for some suggestions.
3 Oct 2015, 18:25 PM

Not much you could do. Don't play 1vs1. The SU is broken and can easily run over you in 1vs1.
6 Oct 2015, 07:10 AM

Not much you could do. Don't play 1vs1. The SU is broken and can easily run over you in 1vs1.

You can do better than that. Be more demanding with yourself.

Hi. Today I faced 2 kv8 flame + 2 su76 combined with conscripts and shocks. What would be the best counter? I had 2 paks and 1 squad of shreck panzergrens. Real problems on an urban map.I'd like to ask for some suggestions.

If you could provide us a replay we could have a better understandong of what happened.
Remember to place mines, even more on urban maps.
You showed us about 450~500 fuel of units at his disposal. But what was your armor? StuGs and pV are your friends against that combinaison.

Kozo
6 Oct 2015, 17:35 PM

Use the Ostruppen doctrine, get 5-6 ostruppen early in the game build a infantry Kompanie when you think the Soviet player is going clown cars. Cap as much of the map as possible with your ostruppen and engineers. Always use your ostruppen in green cover and use groups of 3 or 2 squads with engineers and slowly push the soviet conscripts and engineers back. Also be sure to equip your pioneeers with minesweepers to preserve your ostruppen. Once you have enough resources go T2 for panzergrens then T3 for pz4's. I will link a replay when I get home of what you can do with Ostruppen.
6 Oct 2015, 17:36 PM

Also if the Soviet player goes Maxims to try and hold your ostruppen wave use the ARTILLERY officer and drop SMOKE ontop of the maxims and advance!

PROSTRUPPEN!
7 Oct 2015, 06:49 AM

I leave that honorable challenge to those chest beating online warriors such as yourself. Your suggestion for the OP are quite hilarious.

It is a general rule of life, considering the generous amount of topics in the balance thread that you have posted in a very short time, you seems to be very angry about the state of the game.
Of course, we need people like you that point flaws in the game.
But posting "bwaaaaaa, soviet OP/Broken dont play 1v1 roflolwtfbbq" is particulary not constructive and reduce the level of the conversation to the one of an angree emoteenager.
So
"Be more demanding with yourself" is just an advice to be richer in your argumentation.

What is so hilarious in my suggestion? (i didnt made a suggestion btw, i asked a question).
8 Oct 2015, 11:22 AM

True. He also had an AT gun. I lost my armor piecemealy. First I lost my scoutcar but it more than paid for itself. Then I lost PIV as well and was a bit surprised how quick it was (maybe due to su76 buff). Than I lost a tiger but it was almost game over because of VP when it came so it doesn't count. Anyway it was was my first game against soviets in the new patch and my impression is that they are extremaly durable (their inf.); the seem to hold quite long under fire before they start losing models. Anyway now I played a few more games and got used to it. It seems that a shrecked gren squad is a must and they should be built earlier than before. Also now I use 2 paks as a rule against soviets and delay tech to build stronger tier 2. I don't have too many commanders but it seems that cas or puma commander seem to be my best options. Generally tiger seems to be much weaker relatively and it doesn't seem to be cost effective. These are my impression - unfortunately I have no replay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 156
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak