Login

russian armor

Need help running CoH2

28 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

My rig:

I have the above rig and I'm having trouble running CoH2 smoothly.

From the picture above, you can see that I have set the NVIDIA processor as my default global setting but I see no difference when I run Coh2 with the intel GPU and the NVIDIA GPU. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone advise me on what to do? I've tinkered around with the graphics options of the game to the point of putting everything on minimum and even on 50% resolution but it does nothing for me. It would seem that even if I use the NVIDIA as my default GPU, CoH2 would use my intel graphics card to run it.
29 Sep 2015, 17:22 PM
Patrion 14

If I'm not mistaken, when you have a discrete GPU plugged in, Intel graphics are disabled.

Saying that, I think you overestimate your 950M GPU.

I quickly compared a 970 to your card on this site.
970 vs 950M
To me, it just looks like you have a fairly weak GPU plus also Intel graphics suck terribly.

Is this by chance a laptop?
29 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM

If I'm not mistaken, when you have a discrete GPU plugged in, Intel graphics are disabled.

Saying that, I think you overestimate your 950M GPU.

I quickly compared a 970 to your card on this site.
970 vs 950M
To me, it just looks like you have a fairly weak GPU plus also Intel graphics suck terribly.

Is this by chance a laptop?

It is, notice the M on the GPU.
29 Sep 2015, 17:59 PM

Try using this guide to tweak your coh 2, also disable replays so you can boost your fps, here is the guide: you need to tweak it from your documents, disable AA http://www.omgmod.org/index.php?topic=11571.0;wap2

Hope it helps
8 Oct 2015, 04:33 AM

Found the solution for this. Although the 950M isn't a top of the line graphics card, it is more than capable to handle CoH2. ANd yes, this is a laptop.

My laptop always used my intel graphics card for any game I played even if I have set it to use my Nvidia card for all applications. To disable this, navigate your way to your power options then set it to high performance instead of power saver.

When on power saver mode, your laptop would override your command to use your Nvidia card.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★