Login

russian armor

Future Mobile app?

28 Sep 2015, 06:37 AM
Benefactor 115

Although a very low priority, but perhaps a mobile app for future, mainly due to the fact that I'm on .org more and more recently on my phone, the browser works but it leads much to desire.

I also do realize coding for a website compared to coding for an app may be completely difference, but I was just wondering if there even is one work in progress.
29 Sep 2015, 08:59 AM
Benefactor 115

bump
29 Sep 2015, 09:12 AM

I would love to see an app :D Mostly I write my stuff in the bus so it would fix a lot of issues
29 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM
Patrion 15

I looked at it a while ago, around when OCF was announced. It could be done, but I don't have the time to do it by myself - or at least I didn't.

That said, I can only cover Android & Windows Phone unless I use something kinda shitty to do all three at once.

Plus, getting an app into the apple app store and keeping it there can be a fair bit of upkeep.

Maybe it could still be done.
29 Sep 2015, 09:33 AM

Been thinking about that for a few days. Maybe I'll take it up as a side project if I can make some time in the future.
Seb
29 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM
Admin Black Badge

It's better to make a responsive/mobile design for the site than making an app I think. Unfortunately we don't have time for either at the moment.
29 Sep 2015, 13:26 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 13:18 PMSeb
It's better to make a responsive/mobile design for the site than making an app I think. Unfortunately we don't have time for either at the moment.

This occurred to me, it's also something I might have time to help with if you decided to head in that direction at some point.
1 Oct 2015, 10:06 AM
Donator 11

I like the idea of a mobile app but I also see the work load of programming, maintaining and dealing with the different apps store requirements.

Therefore I would suggest to optimize the .org page in terms of better usage on mobile phones.
The thing I truggle the most (Android user) is the fact, that the drop down menues of the page head (especially those clicking coh.org, but also news, forums, livestreams etc.) drop down for a second or two when selecting but i can't choose any sub pages. Instead, the page of eg. news is loaded. As an example, I can't access eg "side wide thread index" or "search side members".
Long story short: I can't use the drop downs to navigate on .org. Surprisingly, the drop down of the profile on the far right (my profile, my private messages etc.) works fine.
Another minor thing is, that if I zoom in on a thread, it zoomes on the text window part only, so that I can't see who the poster is. The workaround is to manually adjust the zoom.

Maybe issues like these could be looked at to make the page more accessible via mobile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★