Login

russian armor

Bugged B2

24 Sep 2015, 20:39 PM

24 Sep 2015, 20:40 PM

Build behind a hedge but not too close like i do on other maps - it decided not to shoot over it or at all - just to the left where no hedge was

I didn`t very well but then my B2 decided being able to shoot only to the left side...
So at this Point... i gave up internally...

what usually happens is the arty damages itself shooting. Maybe I had a too intelligent crew
24 Sep 2015, 23:34 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm not able to view your replay. Can you give me some more details? Thanks
24 Sep 2015, 23:36 PM
Patrion 28

i had a guy shoot a katy into the top of a dead building (they hit the air where the building used to be and exploded). idk if it's related.
25 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM

POST PATCH ...just the Position is bugged not hedges in general
26 Sep 2015, 09:11 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I think he says that there is a position on the map, which the B4 can not shoot

1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 1 Oct 2015, 17:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This is really a global issue not specific to the Trois Ponts map. It looks like when the tail end of the B-4 Howitzer is off-map (not in the active battlefield) it can't use it's abilities.

This could be an issue with all howitzers/emplacements if you build them close enough to the soft map so that when they rotate they are outside of the active battlefield.

I can think of two possible fixes for this:
1. In the data for abilities there is a setting "can_cast_outside_active_battle_field". I can set that to true for the Howitzer's abilities. I wont be able to change the Stop command to do the same since it is a global command and would affect all units, but this would allow it to continue to use its abilities.

2. I can go through every map and make the territory come in slightly from the soft map edge so you would never be able to build howitzers/emplacement close enough for this issue to occur.
2 Oct 2015, 00:15 AM
Patrion 28

This is really a global issue not specific to the Trois Ponts map. It looks like when the tail end of the B-4 Howitzer is off-map (not in the active battlefield) it can't use it's abilities.

This could be an issue with all howitzers/emplacements if you build them close enough to the soft map so that when they rotate they are outside of the active battlefield.

I can think of two possible fixes for this:
1. In the data for abilities there is a setting "can_cast_outside_active_battle_field". I can set that to true for the Howitzer's abilities. I wont be able to change the Stop command to do the same since it is a global command and would affect all units, but this would allow it to continue to use its abilities.

2. I can go through every map and make the territory come in slightly from the soft map edge so you would never be able to build howitzers/emplacement close enough for this issue to occur.

couldn't you also increase the footprint of the howitzer so that it can't rotate outside of the footprint? i'm not convinced it's a good solution though.
2 Oct 2015, 02:59 AM

couldn't you also increase the footprint of the howitzer so that it can't rotate outside of the footprint? i'm not convinced it's a good solution though.

Also possible, but would make placement much harder since the larger footprint would also pick up on nearby objects, and non-British Engineers lack the ability to destroy obstructions.
2 Oct 2015, 03:46 AM
Patrion 28

Also possible, but would make placement much harder since the larger footprint would also pick up on nearby objects, and non-British Engineers lack the ability to destroy obstructions.

anything the brits can blow up you can run over. that said, i feel that's its a poor solution because it makes placement harder and you can't blow up/run over everything
2 Oct 2015, 04:34 AM

anything the brits can blow up you can run over. that said, i feel that's its a poor solution because it makes placement harder and you can't blow up/run over everything

It's poor design because the Engineers and Pioneers cannot clear debris by themselves. That alone is reason enough not to use that solution.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 2 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I decided to implement option 1 and made the Howitzer abilities usable outside of the active battlefield. I ran a few tests but didn't see any knock-on issues with this so keep me posted if you see any once this goes live.

thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS