Login

russian armor

Burning bodies after patch / a few questions for the pros

Dar
24 Sep 2015, 17:20 PM

Hey folks,

took me a while, but I recently sat down to work on a patch for my tuning pack. Anyway I noticed that since the Brits were released, quite a few things were broken with the addition of new damage classes.

Among these are appearently the damage effects on dead bodies. To be more accurate: When a unit in my mod is killed by fragmentation grenades, AT guns or mortars, it often starts burning as if it was killed by a molotov or flamethrower. Could someone with the knowledge point me to the source of this problem?

Another question: I want to create a custom trench for troops to take cover. Also MG Teams. Now the following is the case: The MG can only be pointed to the rear and sides, for some reason it can't be set up to face the front of the trench. How can I change that? I tried for a good 6 hours now and didn't come to any results.
If that is impossible because it may be hardcoded to the entity of the trench - would it be possible to force a 180 degree rotation on the trench object on construction?

Yet another question: Is it possible to give a vehicle the decorator type of a building? What I mean by that: Instead of the always visible symbol decorator, make it only showing a health bar - preferrably only on mouse over.
Unfortunatly my attemps on this proved to be a huge waste of time so far, health bar experiment aside, not even the "mouse_over" decorator variable seems to have any effect on vehicle entitys, the decorator always stays visible the whole time.

Hope that someone knows the answers to this, thx in advance
Dar
26 Sep 2015, 14:03 PM

No ideas on any of these?
26 Sep 2015, 14:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Not sure, but flaming deaths are usually criticals.

The positions in the trench are likely markers in the model, and those cannot be adjusted with the current tools.

Decorators are for Squads, not Entities. I think you can remove them in squad_ui_ext, by changing decoratable to false.
Dar
26 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I already suspected health criticals were responsible, I just wanted to make sure before replacing every single cloned criticals array. Will do that now.

So the position adjustment is impossible, I feared that this might be the case - and a forced rotation would also be a negative?

Yes, I figured that the squad section seems to be in control of the decorators. Anyway, I hoped that there would be a way to switch that control to the entity of the squad - so that it is recognized by the engine like a building.
I could of course set the "decoratable" key to false, but that would take away every 3D-Space indicator on the vehicles "health" status, so that is also a no go. I'll scratch that from the list.
26 Sep 2015, 15:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I am not sure if there is a way to force rotation in AE, but you could in SCAR.

Buildings are Entities. Vehicles are Squad Entities, which are different from Entities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment