Login

russian armor

a New RTS Coh-Like release

9 Oct 2015, 13:19 PM

Of course this is subjective as most things are:

I find WarGame to run better but I don't care CoH 2 is more satisfying
I find CoH 2 to be unbalanced but I don't care because so is every Wargame after EE.
I find CoH 2's gameplay slightly finkicky, but I don't care because Wargame puts me to sleep because everyone camps forests.

I find Act of Aggression dull and has a lower overall quality and attention to detail when compared to CoH 2. Hell just compare the voice acting. You'd find better voice actors in a community theatre, how Eugen couldn't get decent fork'n voice actors for a French faction WHEN THEY'RE FRENCH I HAVE NO IDEA.
Seriously do French people hate speaking English so much they refused to do the accents for this games "EU/UN" faction.

I've never seen balance reach pit bottom levels of CoH 2, like the current indirect fire meta and infinite godlike units like churchills we are facing right now. Yet again, I've been playing wargame since 6 months only can't comment on balance before that.
Well in Wargame everything has a counter and on top of that there unit availability limits, plus fuel and ammo limits, you need supply and it's finite.
It's hardcore game of rock, paper, scissors spamming one unit type means you will lose very time to a combined arms force. The complaints I read are the 10 v 10 obnoxious buratino, smerch, caesar spammers, but they can be shot down with a decent flank or eventually they will run out of ammo and become sitting ducks. Then people complain about Heli spam rushes can be shot down effectively by a couple of AA, just prepare for it. Only glitched unit is the Otomatic and it's being patched.

EE looks the most balanced because there are no planes only helicopters, and like in real life, air superiority is king. jets are really strong, and it's frustrating sometimes I know.

But yeah destruction kinda sucks, it's too campy due to the nature of the mode, losing units means giving the enemy points so they are overcautious and camp. I play conquest or economy where there's a lot more flanking and manoeuvring compared to CoH 2 simply due to the scale of the maps and the presence of helicopters and amphibious troop transports.

I can't comment on AoA, never played it and don't care much for it, it looks bad. The game pretty much failed anyways.
What do you mean by voice acting there is no French faction in AoA as far as I know? I heard that AoA voice acting is silly and stereotyped, which seems to be a conscious choice and fits the design of AoA. But if you have some links share them, I'd like a good laugh at shitty voice acting!

You'll have to argue about that with an AoA player, I'm not one.

Wargame's French voices are good, do you even speak and understand French to judge that?

9 Oct 2015, 13:20 PM

Then CoH2 does a decent job with those stats
9 Oct 2015, 13:32 PM

It's pretty hard for you to accept that people like a game better even though it's full of "shitty bugs, glitches and bad optimization while being milked to death with DLC" isn't it? :p

No it's baffling, but now I feel better about myself, and more sound than the rest :D.
9 Oct 2015, 14:42 PM

What do you mean by voice acting there is no French faction in AoA as far as I know? I heard that AoA voice acting is silly and stereotyped, which seems to be a conscious choice and fits the design of AoA. But if you have some links share them, I'd like a good laugh at shitty voice acting!

None really to share as I have uninstalled the game after wasting 11 hours of my life on that game.

Technichally the 'Chimera' is a UN task force primarily made up of Eurocorps and British forces their Director is a French UN official who has an American accent and the French accents are cartoon French not actual French unless people in some parts of France speak like they do in American Children's cartoons. The accents when they speak French is fine, but French to English made me cringe and the Germans well... I feel bad for the Germans because acording to this game they all seem to speak with "English-German accents"
9 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM

None really to share as I have uninstalled the game after wasting 11 hours of my life on that game.

Technichally the 'Chimera' is a UN task force primarily made up of Eurocorps and British forces their Director is a French UN official who has an American accent and the French accents are cartoon French not actual French unless people in some parts of France speak like they do in American Children's cartoons. The accents when they speak French is fine, but French to English made me cringe and the Germans well... I feel bad for the Germans because acording to this game they all seem to speak with "English-German accents"

Seems to be on purpose then.
Watched a short Chimera campaign clip.
Hahaha AoA is so over the top nonsensically silly. Fun to watch for a little bit but, no it's not my type of game would not have any fun with it in the long run.
I heard the stupid beret, striped marinière, baguette wielding Frenchman accent and the satanic dog barking German accent, they're on purpose. Maybe if the AoA wasn't so flawed players would find it humorous.
This is a tribute to C&C generals isn't it, and that game had one of the most stereotyped accents I've ever heard!
Good thing Generals came before being a SJW was fashionable, otherwise it would have been labelled racist and banned. People are so politically correct they don't get satire any more these days! SJW even gave shit to Joseph Gordon-Levitt french accent on The Walk when it's pretty close to the Petit's real accent in English:loco:

Well I guess that seeing the chimera is a heterogeneous faction that wanted to give some clear hints on the units origin.
Also how is the average white-male Anglo-Saxon gamer going to figure out the nationality of an unit without exaggerated stereotypes?

CoH 2 is also guilty of this but on a much more lower & subtle level. CoH2's voice acting is league's better but it's still stereotyped, just not cringe worthy because it's stellar (best voice acting in any RTT).
Have you played CoH 2 in Spanish or French out of curiosity, lol the soviets have a cringe worthy Russian Mafia accent, they roll those Rs like nobody's business, good laughs guaranteed (Watch Jesulin streams).

Lastly French people don't hate speaking English, we speak it better than Anglo-Saxons speak FrenchB-).
Most French games like Dishonored, the Far Cry & Assassins Creed Franchises had stellar voice acting as those weren't satirical games.
9 Oct 2015, 16:14 PM

Seems to be on purpose then.
Watched a short Chimera campaign clip.
Hahaha AoA is so over the top nonsensically silly. Fun to watch for a little bit but, no it's not my type of game would not have any fun with it in the long run.
I heard the stupid beret, striped marinière, baguette wielding Frenchman accent and the satanic dog barking German accent, they're on purpose. Maybe if the AoA wasn't so flawed players would find it humorous.
This is a tribute to C&C generals isn't it, and that game had one of the most stereotyped accents I've ever heard!
Good thing Generals came before being a SJW was fashionable, otherwise it would have been labelled racist and banned. People are so politically correct they don't get satire any more these days! SJW even gave shit to Joseph Gordon-Levitt french accent on The Walk when it's pretty close to the Petit's real accent in English:loco:

Well I guess that seeing the chimera is a heterogeneous faction that wanted to give some clear hints on the units origin.
Also how is the average white-male Anglo-Saxon gamer going to figure out the nationality of an unit without exaggerated stereotypes?

CoH 2 is also guilty of this but on a much more lower & subtle level. CoH2's voice acting is league's better but it's still stereotyped, just not cringe worthy because it's stellar (best voice acting in any RTT).

I dunno, generals stereotypes had flair at least and were performed with more feeling, bonus points to the US factions voice actors who captured the style of the faction in the way they spoke, high speed, manoeuvrable and low fork'n drag.. I still love and play Generals to this day, but I'm terrible at it and don't really know people in my skill bracket to play with .

Have you played CoH 2 in Spanish or French out of curiosity, lol the soviets have a cringe worthy Russian Mafia accent, they roll those Rs like nobody's business, good laughs guaranteed (Watch Jesulin streams).

When I was into Wher in Vanilla I played it with German audio because it was nicer. Haven't played in any of the Romance languages to be honest, I'm guessing the quality degrades. I'll lok up some clips!

Lastly French people don't hate speaking English, we speak it better than Anglo-Saxons speak FrenchB-).

No arguments there. When I was in Normandie and Paris I kept trying to speak French but the local people kept laughing and said to just speak English... je a été triste :(

That's probably horribly incorrect I apologise to any who are offended by my terrible grasp of the French language.
9 Oct 2015, 16:31 PM

I dunno, generals stereotypes had flair at least and were performed with more feeling, bonus points to the US factions voice actors who captured the style of the faction in the way they spoke, high speed, manoeuvrable and low fork'n drag.. I still love and play Generals to this day, but I'm terrible at it and don't really know people in my skill bracket to play with .

When I was into Wher in Vanilla I played it with German audio because it was nicer. Haven't played in any of the Romance languages to be honest, I'm guessing the quality degrades. I'll lok up some clips!

No arguments there. When I was in Normandie and Paris I kept trying to speak French but the local people kept laughing and said to just speak English... je a été triste :(

That's probably horribly incorrect I apologise to any who are offended by my terrible grasp of the French language.

No contest there, C&C generals lines had a lot more energy behind them, AoA's are monotone.

I'm guilty of that too.
Here comes the Anglo-Saxon student and tries to speak with me in French when we are working on a group essay, he struggles and then all the French students just switch to English. The Anglo-Saxon gets the sad frustrated face that screams like "fuck you all French/Scandinavian/Germans pricks and your good linguistic skills, how am I supposed to get good at this!".

Its just that it saves a lot of time when you are working on group essays and are swamped by mid-terms. We simply can't be bothered to be their French practice buddies, enough issues to deal with during group essays (Coordination and cough* Free riders cough*) and well most Europeans speak English fluently, it's just convenient.

But I don't mind conversing in French with Anglos out of business or work related situations, especially when I'm tipsy.

Good thing English became the lingua-franca, it's the easiest language to learn. Before it was French and only the international aristocracy/bourgeoisie could learn to speak it somewhat properly, it's just a much more difficult language to learn.

Astuce: L'Anglais ? Ce n'est jamais que du français mal prononcé!
14 Oct 2015, 08:19 AM

Frencho, you are wrong for one thing, if coh2 is a semi failure in its game conception, Coh1 is better than any of the wargame franchise. Building a game perfectly design and bug free isn't enough if the player base isn't interested in your concept.

Act of aggression is so weird, I didn't play the game but watch some youtube video and I get bored after 10 minutes, after 30 minutes I just stop watching and forget about it. I was really interested to find a new RTS game to spend some time on it, finally I bought City Skyline and I'm really happy with it! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★