Login

russian armor

Any tips for Ostheer?

23 Sep 2015, 05:52 AM

When i play ostheer i mostly play with the mobile defense doctrine. Cap points and send in Pumas and Osttruppen early. But i feel like i want some variation, so what doctrine should i try?
23 Sep 2015, 06:08 AM

Well try german mechanized doctrine and jaeger armor.
also commanders with tigers are usually pretty good too .
23 Sep 2015, 06:51 AM

From the free commanders I will recommend Festung Support, Festung Armor and German Mechanized Doctrine, these commanders can make for a bunch of strong tactics
23 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM

jager armor is good choice
you have a good anti tank mines(can immobilize tank) if you use half track
recon is good
scope is a power upgrade for your vehicles. try with stug KAPPA
stuka bomb for static target or bomb enemy base when they retreat
Elephant is a brutal tank killer but you must support it.
23 Sep 2015, 11:53 AM

Please, plis, plz.

People Mobile Defence is a hard doctrine to use stop using it.

If you need to ask for help on the forums you don't have the in game knowledge to make it work. This is not intended as an insult but a way of helping you improve.

Try using the other doctrines suggested, you need to be really good before you can use Ostheer Mobile Defense.
23 Sep 2015, 11:59 AM

When i play ostheer i mostly play with the mobile defense doctrine. Cap points and send in Pumas and Osttruppen early. But i feel like i want some variation, so what doctrine should i try?

It depends what your fighting against...

Vs soviets, you want a gren heavy start.
Vs USF you want an MG + grens + a sniper (if you micro is good)
Vs Brits you want grens + mortar and sniper

Commanders which are pretty decent for 1v1s are...

Spearhead (probably the best all-round commander) Giving mortar HT for early game (very good if your opponent is using alot of weapon teams), Panzer smoke, and late game tiger.

Mobile Defence, Altho using 500mp on 2 squads of Ostruppen is questionable.

Lightning War, G43's are fairly potent + Decent AT straif, Sprint for early game too and endgame Tiger.

Mechanised Assault, Assault grens (very good early game to gain map control quickly). StugE is good vs massed infantry, so use this vs conscript spammers and rifle spammers. and Tiger late game.

Elite Troops, Altho banned in tournies, this commander is fairly good because it allows you to spend your fuel on T3 tanks for the midgame, and still able to call in a vet 3 tiger in the late game.
23 Sep 2015, 12:17 PM

I think you should give more info on what gametype you play what ur playstyle is etc.

This way the strategist will be able to help you out better. There is no such thing as a "best commander" it all depends on the game mode, map and opponent(s).
23 Sep 2015, 14:17 PM

Dont play Ostheer right now, they are hopeless bad, save yourself the frustration and wait for the next patch. Before that any talk about strategy is really just academic.
23 Sep 2015, 14:42 PM

Btw, why is the Elite Troop doctrine banned in tournaments?
23 Sep 2015, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 14:42 PMKozokus
Btw, why is the Elite Troop doctrine banned in tournaments?

ace tiger vet 3 800mp no fuel required

23 Sep 2015, 15:14 PM

ace tiger vet 3 800mp no fuel required

I admit i have few experiences withe the Ace, maybe played it once or twice and never ate it in the face. But with equal ressources involved on each sides i can think of a many different answers with 800 MP (and ressources cut for the rest of the game). Can an Ace beat 800MP dedicated to AT?
23 Sep 2015, 19:58 PM

Dont play Ostheer right now, they are hopeless bad, save yourself the frustration and wait for the next patch. Before that any talk about strategy is really just academic.

The mortar and sniper nerf were needed in last patch but were excessive just a bit I think. I'm 6-1 as SU 1v1 vs Wehr since the latest patch and that's w/o using ridiculous OP partisans.
Still Ostheer can win but you can't play any worse than your opponent and likely need to play a little better to be 50/50 shot of winning.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment