Login

russian armor

How to counter Shock Trooper

23 Sep 2015, 00:21 AM

Hi all,

I was recently playing a 2v2 as OKW with my m8 playing WM.
Usually we do very good but today we had a hard match wich we lost without a chance.

We played against 2SU Player - both using Countertactics Commander.
The enemey spammed schocktroppers (3 each) and mass KV-1. Some Arty and so on.

What could we possibly do against this combo, I mean the KV-1 is so hard to knock out even with a Panther.
Infantry will be shreeded to pieces from the Schockers.

Does anyone else noticed this problem? What did we do wrong?

Edit: We tried to use everything we had, beginning with snipers or 222 or MG/Gren/Mortar. The mass of the schockers is always the problem.

Thanks for your help and Greetings
Tradak
23 Sep 2015, 06:24 AM

close air support works amazing against shocks since you can suppress them and in this case you could have taken out the arty too.

But talking about a non doctrinal counter for OKW, the Incendiary Nades that volks have work great since they deal so much damage to the shocks as the pass through the fire that they are not a problem

Also I recommend making 2-3 squads of Spios, having them to deal the damage as volks take the damage makes shocks drop like flies
23 Sep 2015, 06:49 AM

Schu Mines are a great solution to uberblobs, or, at the very least, will go a ways to slow it down. OKW mines are rather efficient for their cost. LMG'd Obers are also a good idea, as they can outrange the Shocks by a significant margin, and hopefully drop enough models to make a difference.

Doctrinally, Ostwind with some good AT cover is viable.

JP IVs will make a mess of KVs in short order.

Also Sturmtiger :snfPeter::sibHyena:

23 Sep 2015, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

Double Counterattack vs. 1+ Ostheer player is a weird lineup i've never seen i think.

In addition to the already mentioned solutions:
if the map is semi-open to open, try Jaeger Armor as Ostheer - it will shutdown KV-1 and B4 alike, with Elefant and Stuka bombs. The OKW player can also easily get away with a well placed PAK43 via Fortifications commander. Non-doctrinal solutions work as well.

About Shocks: multiple supression platforms are usually a good idea. Don't leave your 42s alone, or it will be destroyed super quickly. As OKW you should try to either calling in MG34, or just work on your micro a little bit. Shocks need to get super close, so all you have to do is keep them on distance.

Last but not least: a replay might be helpful to see when and why it went downhill.
23 Sep 2015, 14:38 PM

Fast Panzer4 works great. Specially for the werh player that comes faster.
23 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

Multiple G43s work. 2 well positioned Pgrens work as well.
23 Sep 2015, 17:54 PM
Patrion 27

If I see more than one Shock I am definitely building an Ostwind. The KV1 can bully it around but isn't gonna easily kill it while it demolishes the Shocks.
23 Sep 2015, 19:32 PM

Okay, we tried again today and had the same problem. My OH m8 was countering the schockers with mass sniper (4).
If the enemy is building an counter sniper, my Obersoldaten take care of them. Worked very well. If we have the problem again, I´ll upload the Replay.

Thanks for all your Informations!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment