Login

russian armor

What do I do when I don't have shock unit to finish

20 Sep 2015, 05:53 AM

I had good micro (for me at least) this game and was able to often cut off my oponnent while rarely losing my secondary cut off and never losing my primary. At one point i was floating MP at T3 and lost my T70 but had a large advantage in infantry with Guards doing very well keepign pumas at bay and raking ostruppen with DPs. With Guard motor I have no heavy KV8 to annihilate inf or IS-2/ISU-152 to shock my enemy and rush him so what shoudl I do here? I am working on my soviet game and I want to know what to do when I get a fuel lead and I am holding up well with infantry....When I play Ostheer and have good early and mid game I know what I like to do...build extra fuel caches and then tech T4 and get panther so I can overwhelm whatever armor may come unless he amasses 2 or more tanks without me getting to fight his 1st.

Looking at this replay, what could i have done differently because I feel like my play let this game go on too long. Previous game I got a good lead and built a KV8 and rushed the ostheer base annihlating a mortar in 2 sec! and a weakened PG in a another couple seconds and it was GG. I am asking for what to do when I don't have a call-in shock armor unit to deliver the coup de grace! Thanks

http://www.coh2.org/replay/40755/i-won-but-how-do-i-close-out-a-lead-wo-heavies
23 Sep 2015, 03:04 AM

Anyone? Patch coming soon will obsolete replay :(
23 Sep 2015, 03:49 AM

My standby is to go Guard-Motor and get out a T85 after a T70/M5 its beefy enough to tangle with Axis mediums on its on and has great health to take a few extra hits from Shreks. If you're controlling both fuel points consider rushing straight for a T34-76.

Assuming you really have an advantage and have pushed your opponent off the map pretty often you want to do several things to prepare for his counterattack.

1. Spam mines with your typical Sov. munitions float- roads, choke-points, everywhere. Demos on the first point he's likely to cap is extra mean (some players will blob their entire army on it. Just back off... wait for the blob and BOOM GG). Demos on VP points too!

2. If you don't have a lot of AT- consider an extra AT gun or other AT - many players wait for their next tank to attack and then surprise you on and try to turn the tide- a mistake that has cost me a few games. OKW players waiting for King Tiger will do that too if its really going against them.

3. Use barbed wire to wire off cover or cut-offs - it can mess with the other players pathing unexpectedly and if he's not paying attention units will wonder into your fire. Double the wire to funnel troops into mines.

4. Set up Maxims at key locations - they will fluster any attempts to move about and retake fuel and VPs.

That's about all I can think of... most important thing is to never get complacent and stop pressuring them or preparing.
25 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM

Those are good suggestions. There have been times I tried to push hard and overextended into enemy base and got ambushed by a couple AT guns abd lose my armor. I do pretty good at Mining points but I always forget about demo charges. Can demo be seen by enemy without sweepers?
25 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM
Patrion 14

Tbh, I hardly ever felt that I needed any other tank with Soviets than the T34-85, certainly in 1v1. They're great versatile units that, when microed properly, can take on anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★