Login

russian armor

SU v OKW pfus and volk blob-what can I do?

20 Sep 2015, 05:34 AM

I went T1 to counter the kubel which i was very happy with how i played against it. I ended up pushing it off with first conscript duo since i didn't over extended myself. I ended up taking it out with my scout car :) I wreaked lots of havoc wit hshocks and got greedy trying to wipe the sturms who reatread with 1 man left but i went too far and lost the car to flaks....i kept going for his cut off and kept my fuel intact thoughout early game. However he just simply blobbed volk grens and pfusieliers. Slowly but surely the blob grew and he started to camp my cut off and i couldn't push him off...my T70 got there first but i guess i was just too late and i was countered by schrek and a reketten.....how do I stop an opponent who just keeps accumulating a blob through man power and munitions. My effort to simply cut him off of fuel while keeping mine so i could out tech him failed miserably...i felt my micro was better than his but maybe not. Help appreciated.

see replay here

http://www.coh2.org/replay/40750/su-v-okw-what-do-i-do
23 Sep 2015, 03:03 AM

Anyone? Patch coming soon will obsolete replay :(
24 Sep 2015, 00:02 AM

Try to use the mg to suppress while a quad halftrack to kill them
9 Oct 2015, 18:52 PM

Suppression is always important vs huge infantry armies.

Bleeding man power is also important. A sniper us a good asset here. If you bleed him well he will have a hard time reinforcing in the later stages of the game.
9 Oct 2015, 19:50 PM

I wont reccomend sniper agains this combo, because panzerfussiliere are 6 man , so you need to shoot 2 times to force retreat and 3 times to kill em instaed of only shoting 1 time to force retreat and 2 times ti kill (if you have 2 snipers)

Also new homing leigt will make quick work of them.

Teching to tier 2 :)
I would recomend stall in with teching to maxims and mortar to supress blobs and then kill em with mortars.

I can see replay first time tomorow then i can look at it , now i can help you only from my own experience.

Mines and Demos , they wipe squads and blobs , and blobbers are often mindless players that dont put sweeper with blob.

Stall in for kv8 + is2

He put huge mp in blob , so there wont be any fast vehicle , not even if he make raketens,
So you can just seal the deal with kv8 folloved by is2 and zis wall (2-3 zis) to hold agains panthers and panzer 4 and kingtiger

if you make mines , you have even big chance to destroy engine with it and then finish tank with zises.

Because you was lacking mapcontrol i would recomend fast teching or as you said t70 arive too late to have impact.

In very late game you can tech for katty (great blob killer) and suchkas to give is2 better support.

And last protip. Fire incendiary barrage behind blob , so when he retreat their cooked , if he stay he will will be cooked by kv8 and blown away by mortars.

Hope it helps you.

Also kubel is easily countered by just maxim cause it can fire even when supressed and always outfire kubel , even supressed
9 Oct 2015, 21:09 PM

I wont reccomend sniper agains this combo, because panzerfussiliere are 6 man , so you need to shoot 2 times to force retreat and 3 times to kill em instaed of only shoting 1 time to force retreat and 2 times ti kill (if you have 2 snipers)

Also new homing leigt will make quick work of them.

Teching to tier 2 :)
I would recomend stall in with teching to maxims and mortar to supress blobs and then kill em with mortars.

I can see replay first time tomorow then i can look at it , now i can help you only from my own experience.

Mines and Demos , they wipe squads and blobs , and blobbers are often mindless players that dont put sweeper with blob.

Stall in for kv8 + is2

He put huge mp in blob , so there wont be any fast vehicle , not even if he make raketens,
So you can just seal the deal with kv8 folloved by is2 and zis wall (2-3 zis) to hold agains panthers and panzer 4 and kingtiger

if you make mines , you have even big chance to destroy engine with it and then finish tank with zises.

Because you was lacking mapcontrol i would recomend fast teching or as you said t70 arive too late to have impact.

In very late game you can tech for katty (great blob killer) and suchkas to give is2 better support.

And last protip. Fire incendiary barrage behind blob , so when he retreat their cooked , if he stay he will will be cooked by kv8 and blown away by mortars.

Hope it helps you.

Also kubel is easily countered by just maxim cause it can fire even when supressed and always outfire kubel , even supressed

thanks for reply. I always forget about demo charges when I am in game and need to stop a blob. I will definitely need it now that KV-8 is no longer a 2 second squad wiper which was my solution in current patch.
9 Oct 2015, 21:17 PM

thanks for reply. I always forget about demo charges when I am in game and need to stop a blob. I will definitely need it now that KV-8 is no longer a 2 second squad wiper which was my solution in current patch.

Maybe its not 2 second wipe unit but its still great crowd control unit that can take several beating and give enemy a good mp bleed (like oswind can)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★