Login

russian armor

Counter to CAS?

aaa
19 Sep 2015, 11:09 AM

The problem is that
1. CAS requires no micro and no skill of any kind. Basicaly it gives you a free win regardless of how you play.
(Just played a game when i won all the engagements leaving him with 3 squads. Then came 1 ostwind and constant CAS abuse. And I rage quit the game as a result of CAS)

2. It costs 60 muni whie IL2 strafe costs 180. Why is that? 110 muni strafe kills tanks and repairing engies on its own. It looks absurd.

Or I dont know smth important? Maybe Quad have half map range vs air shooting them down fast before they hit anythin g?

------------------------------------------------

Cons ppsh upgrade makes the unit weaker overall. It removes unit dmg at all ranges beyond what is considered medium (which looks more like close range). While grens lmg upgrade doesnt affect medium and close range dmg. How is that fair?

19 Sep 2015, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 11:09 AMaaa

Cons ppsh upgrade makes the unit weaker overall. It removes unit dmg at all ranges beyond what is considered medium (which looks more like close range). While grens lmg upgrade doesnt affect medium and close range dmg. How is that fair?

Wat?
20 Sep 2015, 12:49 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to make AA units agasint CAS.
Sure, you will bring down planes but mostly AFTER strafe.

Once I had a game where my AA HT brought down around 20 planes, 18 of them after strafe but in fact it only helps your opponent, why?

Because plaes are flying to you, so if you shoot them down, they will crush on your side of the map.

In that game I mentioned, I lost more units to plane crahses than to enemy so... :foreveralone:

PPsh is not bad upgrade in early-mid game but in late game when closing in means losing 2-3 models you must relay rather on standing around the corner rather than running in front of LMGs blob.
20 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

after the delay nerf it is easy to dodge the strafes just keep ur micro ( atlesast in 1v1 and 2v2) and the doctrine has no units or unit specific abilites so thats a huge advantage if you can overcome strafes
20 Sep 2015, 19:23 PM

IF u talk about 1v1 theres not much on an impact using AA, but still not useless. In team games is definitely worth it if ur team mates use it as well.
Its hard to dodge the strafe if ur near the edge of the map and the opponent use it in the right direction, in that case its better to insta retreat if there are enemy squads around. In the mid i would say u can dodge it, but its still not anything easy.
There is basically no vehicles for cas in the early to late game so u dont need much to focus on at guns and stuff, so as soviet i would probably go shocks into kv8 (shock rifle, terror tactics) to counter lmg grens and such.
aaa
20 Sep 2015, 19:51 PM

IF u talk about 1v1 theres not much on an impact using AA, but still not useless. In team games is definitely worth it if ur team mates use it as well.
Its hard to dodge the strafe if ur near the edge of the map and the opponent use it in the right direction, in that case its better to insta retreat if there are enemy squads around. In the mid i would say u can dodge it, but its still not anything easy.
There is basically no vehicles for cas in the early to late game so u dont need much to focus on at guns and stuff, so as soviet i would probably go shocks into kv8 (shock rifle, terror tactics) to counter lmg grens and such.

1. sure 1v1
2. OH vehicles are not commander dependant. So its not a problem at all.
3. How would you instana-retreat At guns and damaged tanks. I see no way

21 Sep 2015, 05:39 AM

CAS is not as overpowered as you think it is. If you really just want to cheese and get wins 1v1 every time just play partisan doctrine you know the one that's banned for COH2 tournaments? Or just SU-76 spam or use shock troops Soviets have a lot of options.
10 Oct 2015, 02:59 AM

If you're playing as USF you get fucked in the ass by CAS since your infantry is your backbone and you'll keep getting surprised constantly by those goddamn planes.
10 Oct 2015, 03:32 AM

Best bet is getting as much AA as possible. I'd say double AA halftracks.

I feel like two would be enough to completely neuter his planes very quickly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★