Login

russian armor

Grenadier's wall of death

16 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM

Hey everyone, since brits came out (don't think it's related though) I'm having matches that I can't fight back due to a massive ammount of grenadiers (3-6 squads) with LMGs early game, and then they come supported by an MG or Paks mid game. How do you fight these kind of enemies?

1. I've tried to outnumber them with conscripts with and without PPSh, with and without molotovs (now that they're not shit like they used to).
2. I've tried to wipe them with a quad, though it might kill 1 or 2 models but not the entire squad.
3. I've tried with pm81 mortars but they don't hit a thing.
4. I've tried flanking them with a T70 while fighting with cons+ppsh, but they manage to run away before a squad gets killed.
5. I've tried with the T34/76 and 85 but didn't manage to kill enough (1, 2 squads out of 5 for example).
6. I've tried with KV8s, they hit hard, but by the time they come, the enemy has tanks that can blow it up.
7. I've tried using airstrikes and artillery from doctrines but they run away before they get wiped.
8. I've tried several times with 1 katyusha but never managed to kill a squad.

I'm running out of ideas, so I came to ask you people, what would you do in this situation?
Thanks in advance :)
16 Sep 2015, 18:21 PM

Replays always help in these cases. Counters are only good as how you implement them, might not be what you're trying to do but how you are doing it.
17 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM

This really depends on the game mode you're playing since from my perspective from 1v1/2v2 having more than 4 grenadiers causes the player to bleed so much manpower that they can't even get their first pak out before you can make a t70 to eat their blobs up

But about the counter, having maxims suppress them and guards to deal the dmg works fine, depending on the commander you can even have flanking cons with ppsh's to close up to them to pretty much force retreat, and in the mid game Su76s help a ton because of the barrage and anti tank value to counter any early tank rushes from the opponent
21 Sep 2015, 05:50 AM

The thing about having a lot of Gren squads is even if you get a T70 out to eat the blob you have to make sure not to get close enough for a panzerfaust to hit you. Literally 4 panzerfausts is all it would take to kill a T70
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★